Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,746,260   Msgs Posted: 134,084   Thread Views: 30,144,449   Online Now: 196
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International

Notices

Other Hockey: OHL, NHL, International All posts related to any hockey that is NOT about the IceDogs.

Old 02-13-2020, 10:06 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,172 Times in 804 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Wish they realign the division
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2020, 10:41 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Wish they realign the division
Iíve been wanting this since Hamilton became a team
Old 02-22-2020, 04:05 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default Jerseys

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I stopped being lazy and looked it up. As suspected the Valentine's Day Jerseys are indeed being auctioned off for charity:
Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Really I am getting tired of all these specialty jerseys ... reaks of a cash grab ... valentines jerseys on the 14th? Give me a break... where do those proceeds go to ? The players ?education fund?? Lol. Why do they not just say the proceeds are going to bill and Denise Burke lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep in mind that although all the proceeds go to a charity, the cost of a jersey is approx $200.00 CDN
so the Burkes/team is paying for that as well. That is very generous don't you think?
The Following User Says Thank You to OlDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 06:38 PM

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,972 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlDawg View Post
Keep in mind that although all the proceeds go to a charity, the cost of a jersey is approx $200.00 CDN
so the Burkes/team is paying for that as well. That is very generous don't you think?
If the IceDogs are paying $200 each for a sublimated jersey, I'd be very, very surprised. For kicks, let's say they are $100 each, if the team then donated say 25 of them to a charity to auction off... I am quite confident said charity would issue a receipt for the purchase price at least, or quite possibly the auctioned value. Given the tax implications, they may not recover the total value of the jerseys but when you also factor the extra ticket sales on popular theme nights, it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn they made back their investment, to say nothing of the advertising component and community goodwill.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:49 PM
1st Line

TwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If the IceDogs are paying $200 each for a sublimated jersey, I'd be very, very surprised. For kicks, let's say they are $100 each, if the team then donated say 25 of them to a charity to auction off... I am quite confident said charity would issue a receipt for the purchase price at least, or quite possibly the auctioned value. Given the tax implications, they may not recover the total value of the jerseys but when you also factor the extra ticket sales on popular theme nights, it wouldn't surprise me at all to learn they made back their investment, to say nothing of the advertising component and community goodwill.

Design custom artwork, ccm jersey, must have fighting strap, socks. Printing on front, back, and shoulders. Plus time and labour to put it together.
If you can do that for $100, I have beer league orders for you.

More money gets to charity this way, I assure you. The times you see specialty jerseys auctioned off online weeks after the game, they'll generally go for less. Plus, the people that show up for the post game auctions love it.

Last edited by TwoPadStack; 02-23-2020 at 04:01 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TwoPadStack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-23-2020, 03:56 PM

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,972 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Design custom artwork, ccm jersey, must have fighting strap, socks. Printing on front, back, and shoulders. Plus time and labour to put it together.
If you can do that for $100, I have beer league orders for you.

More money gets to charity this way, I assure you.
As has been pointed out by jersey aficionados - if you think they are paying for custom design artwork rather than "in house" perhaps the beer in your league is too strong. Also betting there is collective OHL pricing available.

In years gone by, each individual purchaser got a tax receipt - that isn't the case anymore.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:26 PM
1st Line

TwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As has been pointed out by jersey aficionados - if you think they are paying for custom design artwork rather than "in house" perhaps the beer in your league is too strong. Also betting there is collective OHL pricing available.

In years gone by, each individual purchaser got a tax receipt - that isn't the case anymore.
As someone that spends 1000's on jerseys each year, I hadn't noticed the tax receipts were gone.
Anyway, if you ever want to know for certain you can walk into the Icedogs office and ask them what the background is. A few of us have and the answers were quite reasonable.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:49 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default The answers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
As someone that spends 1000's on jerseys each year, I hadn't noticed the tax receipts were gone.
Anyway, if you ever want to know for certain you can walk into the Icedogs office and ask them what the background is. A few of us have and the answers were quite reasonable.
Can you elaborate a tad?