Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,786    Downloads: 1,724,419   Msgs Posted: 133,409   Thread Views: 29,351,154   Online Now: 105
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-15-2020, 11:25 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What would you buy for $126 million?

The City of Hamilton has just rejected a bid to build a parking garage and a 5,000 seat arena for a total of $126,000,000. Iíd have to see the parking garage - it must be a heckuva place for that kind of coin. I remember a lot of proposals around here involving a parking garage. And some thought that without that parking garage, the arena was a no-go.
Really makes you appreciate what we ended up getting, for the paltry sum of 50 million dollars
I really want this arena to work out in Hamilton. I want a playoff series that ignites a lifelong, bitter, violent rivalry
Old 01-16-2020, 11:32 AM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
The City of Hamilton has just rejected a bid to build a parking garage and a 5,000 seat arena for a total of $126,000,000. Iíd have to see the parking garage - it must be a heckuva place for that kind of coin. I remember a lot of proposals around here involving a parking garage. And some thought that without that parking garage, the arena was a no-go.
Really makes you appreciate what we ended up getting, for the paltry sum of 50 million dollars
I really want this arena to work out in Hamilton. I want a playoff series that ignites a lifelong, bitter, violent rivalry
The whole concept was ridiculous in my opinion. The arena would be built at the Lime Ridge Mall and the parking garage would likely also be used for mall shoppers. It would benefit the mall greatly and the majority of the money to build it would be coming from the taxpayers. In addition the arena seating capacity would be great for OHL hockey but too small for the majority of concerts and other events that are currently hosted at the First Ontario Centre Arena.

This proposal was designed to benefit the Mall and Bulldogs but was not in the City of Hamiltonís best interest.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:41 AM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Everything I have read so far seems to suggest the city is debating whether to renovate First Ontario Centre Arena or build a new 10,000 seat arena downtown. Both ideas seem better than the Lime Ridge Mall proposal.
The Following User Says Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2020, 12:38 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I know nothing about construction, so I ask this: if Hamilton wants a 10K-seat stadium/arena, is it not possible to retro-fit Copps Coliseum to change it from 17,383( I googled it) to something more like 8K or so, with more space, then, for restaurants, suites, shops, etc? Is it really necessary to tear down Copps entirely? Copps/FOC( I’ll never get used to First Ontario Centre) is fairly centrally located in Hamilton.Considering Hamilton is already knee-deep in a fight about building an LRT system(which I think HAM would benefit much more from), I just don’t think an entirely new arena is a really unnecessary expense - much different than the 75-year old rink that the MC replaced
Old 01-16-2020, 01:50 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,152 Times in 791 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

My cousin who lives in Hamilton says the debate is more of the area around the First Ontario Centre it a bit scetchy has for concerts they don’t get the big acts lie they use to .
Old 01-16-2020, 02:23 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

If I had 126 000 000 I would buy the Icedogs and hire a coach...lol
Old 01-16-2020, 02:59 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,033 Times in 1,288 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
If I had 126 000 000 I would buy the Icedogs and hire a coach...lol
I would buy the arena first, then the Ice Dogs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2020, 09:48 PM
Top Prospect

ckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
My cousin who lives in Hamilton says the debate is more of the area around the First Ontario Centre it a bit scetchy has for concerts they donít get the big acts lie they use to .
And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a musical act recently mention that the FOC smelled EXTREMELY rotten when they played there? (I'll find the article at some point.)
Old 01-23-2020, 10:31 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,152 Times in 791 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't a musical act recently mention that the FOC smelled EXTREMELY rotten when they played there? (I'll find the article at some point.)
Yes I heard that too.