Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,786    Downloads: 1,725,392   Msgs Posted: 133,427   Thread Views: 29,387,978   Online Now: 69
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related

Notices

General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related General sports talk or any discussions about topics within the Niagara Region

Old 11-15-2019, 02:54 PM
Top Prospect

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Wait, Don Cherry said something inappropriate? Was this the first time? Seems to me this is every show. Seems to me that was what the show was founded on. I don't always agree with him, mostly he is like my grandfather, I am never completely sure he is lucid.

I think Don Cherry's time was long passed due. I like Brian Burke for his relevancy in hockey and his stance on many social issues. Out with the old, in with the new.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:57 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,033 Times in 1,288 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Wait, Don Cherry said something inappropriate? Was this the first time? Seems to me this is every show. Seems to me that was what the show was founded on. I don't always agree with him, mostly he is like my grandfather, I am never completely sure he is lucid.

I think Don Cherry's time was long passed due. I like Brian Burke for his relevancy in hockey and his stance on many social issues. Out with the old, in with the new.
Someone, maybe the Toronto Sun suggested Bobby Orr for the job. I doubt very much he would even think about it.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:22 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I like Brian Burke for his relevancy in hockey and his stance on many social issues.
...I have another ''Burke'' in mind that could host Coaches corner and apply his coaching wisdom to Canadian Hockey fans.
Old 11-15-2019, 07:59 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
Again nothing he said was rascist. YOUR the one saying he specified immigrants and reading into the way his finger is pointed. He doesn't target a race or religion. ....Again look at our Prime Minister that preaches intolerance and gets busted for wearing Blackface. Trudeau LITERALLY targeted a specific race and got off easy because he has shares the same views politically as the mainstream media
I'm sorry but if you think what Cherry said wasn't intentionally racist, and you think that what Trudeau did WAS an intentional act of racism, you're greatly mistaken.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:51 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone had posted earlier about the great many things other than Coach's Corner that Don Cherry had been involved in. And I thought, huh, it’s actually quite a few things. You think about the CHL Top Prospect game, Rock’em Sock’em videos, charity appearances.. I wonder how many things the 83-year-old will continue to do.
Then I think, with Rose having been gone for a while now, what else will Don have to do?
Maybe now he can truly retire, but Don Cherry is a lifer. Not that I necessarily want this to happen, but I wonder if we see OHL involvement with.. Don’s old buddy Doug Gilmour in Kingston?
Old 11-16-2019, 10:56 AM
4th Line

CrazyJoeDavola will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by notldogsfan View Post
I'm sorry but if you think what Cherry said wasn't intentionally racist, and you think that what Trudeau did WAS an intentional act of racism, you're greatly mistaken.
Trudeau gives 10.5 million to terrorist Omar Khadr who murdered a soldier in Afghanistan while fighting with al-queda, does the Blackface thing numerous times and Don Cherry is the bad guy for telling people to be grateful to War veterans by wearing a poppy ? I think I know WHO is mistaken. .....time to move on
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrazyJoeDavola For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Very simple: ‘You people that come over here’. Had he not said that phrase, he doesn’t get fired.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2019, 06:22 PM
Top Prospect

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Very simple: ‘You people that come over here’. Had he not said that phrase, he doesn’t get fired.
Well technically "you people" in that context, applies to everyone except indigenous persons.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:04 PM
Big League

Exactly, Red! That’s exactly the point that all these Facebook warriors are missing.
I haven’t seen The Segment Formerly Known as Coaches’ Corner yet tonight. I thought I would PVR it, because this really is the end of an era on HNiC and the beginning of another.
Old 11-17-2019, 07:19 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,033 Times in 1,288 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

The End!!
During the 1st intermission last night, Ron McLean announced that the Coach's Corner segment on the telecast has come to an end.
In my opinion, that was the right decision.
They can now fill that time slot with another show, if they wish.
The McLean video feed is on Twitter.