Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 907,898   Msgs Posted: 117,866   Thread Views: 18,626,044   Online Now: 67
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > Other > The Bay Street Bullies - LEAF TALK

Notices

The Bay Street Bullies - LEAF TALK All talk about the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Old 05-21-2015, 10:04 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Babcock signs on with Maple Leafs

As much as it was a shock when I first heard The Leafs had hired Mike Babcock, I couldn't help but be reminded of the Leafs' hiring of Pat Burns.
Back in those days, the Leafs had been coached by the likes of Doug Carpenter, John Brophy, and Tom Watt. As a Leaf fan at the time, I can't tell you the levels of excitement I felt to see the Leafs, of all teams, score such a coaching coup as the Canadiens' Head coach. From a laughingstock to credibility in an instant. A bit like when the Dogs scored the jewel of available OHL bench bosses in Marty Williamson(however that's not to say the Dogs were a laughingstock, mind you).
When the Leafs hired Pat Burns, they won 45 games(team record), 25 at home(team record), and collected 99 points(record). The Leafs have since broken those records, but seldom seen those heights in the playoffs since 1993.
The Leafs have Babs signed long-term, and that's a good thing: as AC/DC once sang, it's a long way to the top, if you wanna rock and roll.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post: