Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,446    Downloads: 1,211,911   Msgs Posted: 121,973   Thread Views: 21,709,089   Online Now: 89
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:12 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
You have to pick the right moments to yell at the refs. ...I have been fortunate in that aspect recently lol
I need some tips. Lol. I suck at it, thatís why I am mad at foregrounds, they block all my A1 material.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:14 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
We are there for hockey not music selections are we not. They donít play anything that bad (if kids shouldnít be hearing some of it then they shouldnít listen to music on radio)
If they're going to insist on filling any gaps in play with music... I'd rather hear the kind of music that makes me happy. lol

And NO ONE listens to the radio anymore (maybe some of us old folks)... It's all on YouTube, Spotify, etc... All about the streaming... If they want to listen to that stuff at home, then it's on the parents to monitor their own kids viewing/listening habits. In a public forum, that's harder to control. There is plenty of popular music from the 60s until now that doesn't have any swearing, sex, or drug references in it. Or at least it's referenced in a way where kids won't get it.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
If they're going to insist on filling any gaps in play with music... I'd rather hear the kind of music that makes me happy. lol

And NO ONE listens to the radio anymore (maybe some of us old folks)... It's all on YouTube, Spotify, etc... All about the streaming... If they want to listen to that stuff at home, then it's on the parents to monitor their own kids viewing/listening habits. In a public forum, that's harder to control. There is plenty of popular music from the 60s until now that doesn't have any swearing, sex, or drug references in it. Or at least it's referenced in a way where kids won't get it.
And, those cool instruments like, guitars. Donít hear much of those any more . Olde. Lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 06:31 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:

Maybe itís jusr me because I honestly do t pay close attention to the music cause Iím there for hockey and hockey alone but I havenít heard any swearing or things like that played at the games and yes the radio thing was a bad example but I think you got the point of it

Last edited by dogs777; 01-01-2018 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

I am olde too.

I don't mind the selection of music. I see young people dancing around, they seem to like it. So there is that. But it can get a little too loud at times. I do like to talk to the people around me and it can be difficult. So that would be my only complaint to Foregrounds.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 07:28 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah, I usually find myself kinda bored / annoyed by their selection of music. Kinda miss the FourGrounds DJ thing, where you could tweet them a song and they try and fit it in.

I also find that some of their selection in music is 'inappropriate to a family atmosphere'... I've caught some fairly loud words that, were I a parent, I might not be comfortable having them around for. I get it, it's 'Pop' music. But... Rather hear Go For a Soda, Subdivisions, etc... Music that kids can listen to, and any references, to anything you might want them to hear, are oblique.

But overall, I dislike the music... The replays stuff, well that's between FourGrounds and the team isn't it? I'd like to see replays, maybe shame some reffing duos into calling the games a bit better. And it's always interesting to see the replay of calls under review.

After saying all that, I think FourGrounds video services make up for almost any other issues I have with them. Their video skills are strong.
I'm sure that some of these kids have heard those words before. I really don't think that they are really listening to the music anyway. Most of them are yelling and screaming all the time. Besides if your worried about your child hearing a swear word wrap their ears up in plastic wrap because it is all around us not only in the music played at a hockey game.
The Following User Says Thank You to hotdog fan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 08:03 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to behold

What drives me nuts is the "let's make this place loud" and every kid in the place screams for 30 seconds or longer - that's not cheering or clapping - that's making noise and it's annoying especially when the players are actually playing and can't hear whistles or each other - I'd rather see replays than watch the screen green!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canucks4 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 08:54 PM

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,556 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
How do you know they control the music selection they might get told what to play
They have already gone on record as saying the warm-up is selected by the players, the rest is up to them.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
She has been around long before four grounds,,, theyve only been around since the move to the MC
The whole game day "show" is mostly annoying and ignorable. Lauraleigh is a nice person and I am sure the Fourgrounds people are fine in their own way too. I am tired of all the contests that aren't, all the annoying advertising disguised as entertainment, the "whatever" cam, the music, and yes the screeching. Mr. Mawhood is one of my favorite sports writers but every time I hear him ask "which group is the loudest" I want to text him and ask "WHY" . Ok so long rant for me but the bottom line game day people - evolve.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2018, 09:25 PM
Serving a Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
The whole game day "show" is mostly annoying and ignorable. Lauraleigh is a nice person and I am sure the Fourgrounds people are fine in their own way too. I am tired of all the contests that aren't, all the annoying advertising disguised as entertainment, the "whatever" cam, the music, and yes the screeching. Mr. Mawhood is one of my favorite sports writers but every time I hear him ask "which group is the loudest" I want to text him and ask "WHY" . Ok so long rant for me but the bottom line game day people - evolve.
^^^^^^^^ AMEN. You are not alone.