Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,745    Downloads: 1,648,891   Msgs Posted: 130,772   Thread Views: 27,526,532   Online Now: 242
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-14-2019, 12:12 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
This topic just popped again on Twitter, so, I would guess that the said leader of the revolt is still in Niagara.
The guy loves to talk especially about Niagara so although I think you are right and that player could still be here I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t and the insider just wanted to keep talking about it
Old 11-14-2019, 10:47 AM

Thanked 3,467 Times in 1,897 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
The guy loves to talk especially about Niagara so although I think you are right and that player could still be here I wouldn’t be surprised if he wasn’t and the insider just wanted to keep talking about it
Looking at it objectively, short of putting a name to the disgruntled player what category would they fit? I think it would be safe to eliminate any first year players and any OAs. The rookies wouldn't know enough about the history and the OAs wouldn't be around to reap the rewards. I think it is also safe to eliminate any of the "stars" who seem to have plenty of ice time or who have been drafted into the NHL (life is good for them currently and greener pastures, even in the AHL or ECHL await).

So in all likelihood if this player exists, he is a 3-4 year player who does not get the ice time he believes he deserved and has been passed over at the NHL level. Anyone else narrow the category down further without putting a name to the player through speculation?
Old 11-14-2019, 01:17 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,207 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Anyway that we want to cut this cookie, it does much for the leadership group, taking in account what was written above Nicedawg.
Old 11-14-2019, 01:58 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of5 for fighting has much to be proud of

I think most of you are offside on this one.

1) there is no way to know who the player is. It could very well be one of their top players.

2) so you guys think one guy was able to get all the other players to go to the wanna be union and complain when there is nothing to complain about? It sounds to me most of the players feel they are being unfairly treated or otherwise they would not have complained. One player is likely behind the move to complain to the union but I don’t think for a second that there was only one player who was unhappy.

3) if they were to trade the player who led the charge to go to the union that would only strengthen the union position to get certified.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,207 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I think most of you are offside on this one.

1) there is no way to know who the player is. It could very well be one of their top players.

2) so you guys think one guy was able to get all the other players to go to the wanna be union and complain when there is nothing to complain about? It sounds to me most of the players feel they are being unfairly treated or otherwise they would not have complained. One player is likely behind the move to complain to the union but I don’t think for a second that there was only one player who was unhappy.

3) if they were to trade the player who led the charge to go to the union that would only strengthen the union position to get certified.
Still does not say much about the leadership.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:21 PM

Thanked 3,467 Times in 1,897 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Anyway that we want to cut this cookie, it does much for the leadership group, taking in account what was written above Nicedawg.
I took the opposite view. I am skeptical it is even true.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 12:32 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,271 Times in 1,628 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I took the opposite view. I am skeptical it is even true.
Ohl insider reported 22 players. Looking at the make up of this roster - not only is it difficult to identify the one player who is said to be the driving force, it is next to impossible to identify 22 players from this 24 man roster.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:32 PM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Looking at it objectively, short of putting a name to the disgruntled player what category would they fit? I think it would be safe to eliminate any first year players and any OAs. The rookies wouldn't know enough about the history and the OAs wouldn't be around to reap the rewards. I think it is also safe to eliminate any of the "stars" who seem to have plenty of ice time or who have been drafted into the NHL (life is good for them currently and greener pastures, even in the AHL or ECHL await).

So in all likelihood if this player exists, he is a 3-4 year player who does not get the ice time he believes he deserved and has been passed over at the NHL level. Anyone else narrow the category down further without putting a name to the player through speculation?
22 current players, would seem as improbable as Ryan Merkley playing local Jr.B hockey. Makes you wonder if ohl insider is getting duped again by somebody?

There are only 24 players on this IceDogs roster - most of which are rookies and several of them fortunate to even be in the OHL. Then you have 3 OAs, with no vested interested in participating and likely wouldn’t want to burn any bridges. And an IceDog, with an NHL contract, would want to spear-head an uprising to meet with union - Randy Gumbley?

In ohl insiders’ tweet, he mentioned that there was a meeting between Randy Gumbley and IceDogs players. Randy Gumbley? The guy who was twice convicted of defrauding junior hockey players? Who would lead and who would follow any one into that mess?

Ohl Insiders has never revealed a name – nor has he identified how these 22 players were “poorly treated”. Unless reported by a credible source (e.g.,TSN or Sportsnet), like NiceDawg, I have hard time believing this story is even true.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:44 PM
Top Prospect

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
22 current players, would seem as improbable as Ryan Merkley playing local Jr.B hockey. Makes you wonder if ohl insider is getting duped again by somebody?

There are only 24 players on this IceDogs roster - most of which are rookies and several of them fortunate to even be in the OHL. Then you have 3 OAs, with no vested interested in participating and likely wouldn’t want to burn any bridges. And an IceDog, with an NHL contract, would want to spear-head an uprising to meet with union - Randy Gumbley?

In ohl insiders’ tweet, he mentioned that there was a meeting between Randy Gumbley and IceDogs players. Randy Gumbley? The guy who was twice convicted of defrauding junior hockey players? Who would lead and who would follow any one into that mess?

Ohl Insiders has never revealed a name – nor has he identified how these 22 players were “poorly treated”. Unless reported by a credible source (e.g.,TSN or Sportsnet), like NiceDawg, I have hard time believing this story is even true.
Two concepts for you to wrap your head around 1) geography 2) human nature.

In answer to the first concept, did you know the Professional Hockey Player's Association (aka the union for AHL and ECHL is located in Niagara Falls, Ontario?

In answer to the second concept they only need 10 players ~ 40% to hold a meeting to certify a union and take a vote? So yeah, with 10 players being promised all sorts of benefits the union can call a meeting and only needs two more players to vote ~ 50% and congrats you have a union. Also if the employer tries to obstruct the formation of a union they can be fined.

So stop looking for one ring-leader, this is an organized union operating in Niagara's backyard.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:26 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Two concepts for you to wrap your head around 1) geography 2) human nature.

In answer to the first concept, did you know the Professional Hockey Player's Association (aka the union for AHL and ECHL is located in Niagara Falls, Ontario?

In answer to the second concept they only need 10 players ~ 40% to hold a meeting to certify a union and take a vote? So yeah, with 10 players being promised all sorts of benefits the union can call a meeting and only needs two more players to vote ~ 50% and congrats you have a union. Also if the employer tries to obstruct the formation of a union they can be fined.

So stop looking for one ring-leader, this is an organized union operating in Niagara's backyard.
This is a different discussion but they would need 40% of the CHL not the IceDogs.

I’m very familiar with the Professional Hockey Player's Association but the meeting was with fraudster Randy Gumbley. Just google his name, not good - it seems improbable that a group of 22 IceDogs, not one met with him.