Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,745    Downloads: 1,648,713   Msgs Posted: 130,768   Thread Views: 27,518,347   Online Now: 84
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related

Notices

General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related General sports talk or any discussions about topics within the Niagara Region

Old 11-12-2019, 04:21 PM
Rookie

Alwayssunny1 is on a distinguished road

I was not being serious
Old 11-12-2019, 05:31 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,946 Times in 1,239 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayssunny1 View Post
I was not being serious
You never know around here nowadays.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:25 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
I agree, what he said wasn't bad. ...It just didn't fit with sportsnet politically correct narrative. Our prime minister got a free pass on his numerous blackface appearance's, yet Don Cherry mentions wear a poppy and be thankful you people who come to this country and he gets blacklisted. ...Hypocrisy. ..Mainstream Media/google/facebook/ twitter entertainment industry etc all lean in a certain political social way. ''Agree with us and your safe, disagree and your gone '' .
I have to say this comparison needs to stop. It isn't the same thing.

1) Trudeau didn't get a free pass, he lost his majority.

2) Trudeau did something stupid 20 years ago, meant no harm (still stupid), apologized when it came out, and his actions since those incidents 20 years ago have proven that hes anything but racist. Cherry made his comment on the job, and refused to apologize. If the Trudeau incident happened right now, I guarantee he would have to step down.

If I tell a customer off at work, I could get fired for it. If I told that person off 20 years ago, well before I worked that job... I can't get fired for it. My employer could only say "you better not do that here"

Don Cherry has been out of touch with the game for a while, and his comments have done nothing but create more division in the country. He needed to go.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to notldogsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2019, 06:55 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyJoeDavola View Post
I agree, what he said wasn't bad. ...It just didn't fit with sportsnet politically correct narrative. Our prime minister got a free pass on his numerous blackface appearance's, yet Don Cherry mentions wear a poppy and be thankful you people who come to this country and he gets blacklisted. ...Hypocrisy. ..Mainstream Media/google/facebook/ twitter entertainment industry etc all lean in a certain political social way. ''Agree with us and your safe, disagree and your gone '' .
Trudeau gave a sincere apology and admitted a horrible error in judgement.

Cherry could have apologized and apparently refused to. So huge, huge difference.

Canadians are very forgiving people. We would have accepted a sincere apology. I know I would have and I don't even really like him or think he should still be on the air.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2019, 07:27 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

The only thing I hate worse then racists, are two faced back stabbing butt kissers...which apparently there are plenty of in the world of sports broadcasters and journalists.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2019, 11:40 PM
Rookie

CrazyJoeDavola will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by notldogsfan View Post
I have to say this comparison needs to stop. It isn't the same thing.

1) Trudeau didn't get a free pass, he lost his majority.

2) Trudeau did something stupid 20 years ago, meant no harm (still stupid), apologized when it came out, and his actions since those incidents 20 years ago have proven that hes anything but racist. Cherry made his comment on the job, and refused to apologize. If the Trudeau incident happened right now, I guarantee he would have to step down.

If I tell a customer off at work, I could get fired for it. If I told that person off 20 years ago, well before I worked that job... I can't get fired for it. My employer could only say "you better not do that here"

Don Cherry has been out of touch with the game for a while, and his comments have done nothing but create more division in the country. He needed to go.
..What should Cherry apologize for ? For saying people who enjoy the freedom in Canada should be thankful and wear a poppy? Nothing in his comments were racist....People like to drop the race card when they don't like someone on the other side of the political spectrum ….. Trudeau lied about blackface and then apologized after the photos surfaced. Trudeau wasn't exactly a kid either at the time. …..I guess getting with the times means if your a man that feels like a woman then you are a woman ? I guess we are what we feel ? Truth is subjective ?
The Following User Says Thank You to CrazyJoeDavola For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2019, 11:51 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Trudeau gave a sincere apology and admitted a horrible error in judgement.

Cherry could have apologized and apparently refused to. So huge, huge difference.

Canadians are very forgiving people. We would have accepted a sincere apology. I know I would have and I don't even really like him or think he should still be on the air.
Don Cherry had the ____ to stand up to the bias media and not cave into peer pressure by apologizing for something that wasn't wrong, unlike his spineless counter part Ron that just says the trendy popular things. Huge huge difference....Cherry did nothing wrong. People should respect what veterans did for this country.
Old 11-13-2019, 08:02 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,271 Times in 1,628 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Canada has one day set aside to honour and remember our fallen soldiers, who gave up their lives so we could have ours. Sportsnet decide to highjack that very day with news of Don Cherry – so our veteran could be forgotten?

What an appalling act of disrespect to our veteran and their families by Sportsnet.

#couldntwaitfornovember12
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2019, 09:34 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I just want to mention here that if Cherry had clarified that he was targeting EVERYONE that was not wearing a poppy, and not just attacking immigrants, none of this happens.
The six words that got him fired were ‘You people, you come over here,....’ If he had just said ‘you people that are not wearing poppies....’, life just carries on much as it has. I agree with his stance on poppies, but as soon as he pointed out(quite literally, while jabbing his finger at the camera) and specified immigrants, I knew he was toast.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-14-2019, 10:45 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I just want to mention here that if Cherry had clarified that he was targeting EVERYONE that was not wearing a poppy, and not just attacking immigrants, none of this happens.
The six words that got him fired were ‘You people, you come over here,....’ If he had just said ‘you people that are not wearing poppies....’, life just carries on much as it has. I agree with his stance on poppies, but as soon as he pointed out(quite literally, while jabbing his finger at the camera) and specified immigrants, I knew he was toast.
Again nothing he said was rascist. YOUR the one saying he specified immigrants and reading into the way his finger is pointed. He doesn't target a race or religion. ....Again look at our Prime Minister that preaches intolerance and gets busted for wearing Blackface. Trudeau LITERALLY targeted a specific race and got off easy because he has shares the same views politically as the mainstream media