Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,835    Downloads: 2,631,875   Msgs Posted: 136,973   Thread Views: 40,901,323   Online Now: 83
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related

Notices

General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related General sports talk or any discussions about topics within the Niagara Region

Old 06-05-2015, 11:58 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
They were good times indeed. A bunch of us used to meet up every other month or so for wings and beer, shoot the er breeze and dream of the future. I don't suppose any of us predicted this.

So what is Arc80an anyhow and where on Lake?
It's across from That's Entertainment, and beside the Money Mart if I understand the directions properly... I keep planning to stop in, but... Life gets in the way... lol...
Old 06-07-2015, 10:07 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,319 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
My first computer class in Gr. 10 was on Commodore Pets. Me, I went C64 > C128 > Amiga 500 > Amiga 2000 > Pentium 90Mhz PC. That PC cost me $4K.

Amigas coat me a boatload. They were a really cool computer. The predecessor to our windows desktop today in an era where a PC simply could not do that.

Not sure why they never caught on!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-2015, 10:12 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,321 Times in 1,319 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Miscellaneous (off topic from other threads) MODS PLEASE MOVE OFF-TOPIC POST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaDog View Post
Yah my BBS started out being from like 10pm-8am, then finally grew to 2 full time phone lines. I never ran Fido or EchoNet or any of those though. I remember Doctor On Board being pretty big...

Doctor on Board geez I remember that website HAHAHAHA

Oops gotta correct myself .., BBS... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2015, 11:48 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,178 Times in 1,348 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
Here's my experiences:

London: Good overall(I've always considered it an NHL rink in miniature), but the crowd was kind of subdued to me.

Erie: I don't really have to say anything that I already said before, now do I?

Barrie: I've been there twice, and the crowd seems to be...well, not as quiet as when I was there the FIRST time I was there.

Kitchener I haven't been to...yet...but I might change that on opening weekend.
Kitchener is my favorite rink in the league that I've been to. Great combination of a historic building with modern upgrades. Steepest incline for seating in the league by far. You really feel the community pride and history in that arena. They seem to do everything the right way. I take the wife every year to the Rangers/Dogs only appearance in Kitchener, and hit up the St.Jacobs market the next day.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:46 AM
3rd Line

dirtykife is just really nicedirtykife is just really nicedirtykife is just really nicedirtykife is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Kitchener is my favorite rink in the league that I've been to. Great combination of a historic building with modern upgrades. Steepest incline for seating in the league by far. You really feel the community pride and history in that arena. They seem to do everything the right way. I take the wife every year to the Rangers/Dogs only appearance in Kitchener, and hit up the St.Jacobs market the next day.
the last time i went they didnt allow beer in the seating area. mind you this was about 4 years ago
Old 06-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Resident OHL Expert

fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtykife View Post
the last time i went they didnt allow beer in the seating area. mind you this was about 4 years ago
You're right they didn't allow alcohol in the seating area. From what I understand it was to keep the family atmosphere in the seating bowl. If you wanted to drink you had to go to the concourse to do so. I think as of two years ago it's been changed and you can drink in the seating area.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-24-2015, 11:52 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,226 Times in 835 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

I heard they changed the rule In Kitchener been there once had a great time even thou the Dogs lost Oshawa nice rink but a dull atmosphere when i was there maybe it a Sunday thing lol. Also liked Guelph friendly staff and fans
Old 06-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

The owner would have to be nuts to do that. Maybe make a family zone but no beer in the stands is very unCanadian and has to hurt the bottom line.
Old 06-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
The owner would have to be nuts to do that. Maybe make a family zone but no beer in the stands is very unCanadian and has to hurt the bottom line.
The Rangers are owned by the season ticket holders. There is a board of governors in place to make decisions, but there isn't one person that makes any calls on their own. Basically, the community owns the Rangers, hence the community atmoshere and family orientation that goes with the organization.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2015, 12:27 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I knew even half of what you have already forgotten! I still think a community board would have an interest in making the money from the beer sales and in allowing fans to have a brew in the stands. It sounds like a nobel idea to start with but I bet it hurt there cash flow and they got complaints from fans.