Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,389    Downloads: 1,093,434   Msgs Posted: 119,928   Thread Views: 20,557,546   Online Now: 98
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:18 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,360 Times in 823 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks4 View Post
....well I'm thinking Roberts is in the Shankar boat....can't carry the puck up the ice and/or loses it when someone blinks at him...caught in the back ice way too often....I'd much rather see Hunter and Constantino
I agree with you 250% on Roberts and Shankar.

My heart misses a beat everytime that Roberts touches the puck, which by the way,,,, 99.9% of the time turns into a give-a-way by him.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 05:35 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,994 Times in 1,378 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I agree with you 250% on Roberts and Shankar.

My heart misses a beat everytime that Roberts touches the puck, which by the way,,,, 99.9% of the time turns into a give-a-way by him.

You guys are watching a different game than I am. Roberts has his share of turnovers as any puck mover does, but in the third period last night while the rest of the team was panicking and chipping it off the glass right back to the Knights he was making plays. Several times he got the puck settled it down and skated it out or passed it to an open man and the Dogs actually had the puck for 30 seconds or so. The rest of the period they were under siege for the most part. Everyone remembers the bad turnovers but there's a reason why all the new analytical data suggests you're better off living with the odd bad turnover in the back of your net than playing the whole game without the puck. I thought he was really good for the most part and he really does a nice job of recovering after his and his teammates turnovers with his great speed and competitive nature.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Constantino and Hunter both sit last night and Shankar plays.
What the heck does management see in this guy.
Constantino and Hunter both do way more better things than Shankar can do.
Shankar gave up the puck three times in our end.
The last one, he got lucky it bounced over Formenton stick who would have had a glorious chance to tie game.
It miraculousy went to Maksimov who ended up scoring an empty net goal.
Answer to this is easy management sees an older more experienced player who can hit (depending on the refs) plain and simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks4 View Post
....well I'm thinking Roberts is in the Shankar boat....can't carry the puck up the ice and/or loses it when someone blinks at him...caught in the back ice way too often....I'd much rather see Hunter and Constantino
not sure what you are watching Ive seen him carry the puck successfully a bunch of times and sure he loses it from time to time but everyone does I remember an ex player who did that a lot to his name was popular on here.......Ho-Sang give the kid a break hes a 3rd year offensive defenceman trying to figure it out here
Old 12-09-2017, 10:51 AM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been working so I only caught bits of the last game. When I looked quick I thought I saw Shankar being physical and speeding up the wing but it was 68 not 67. Please Joey Burke, find us a better OA at the deadline and release Shankar. Carbonara is a good addition but the other one is too slow and clumsy.
Old 12-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Serving a Suspension

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

I must give credit where credit is due.
IMO, Shankar had one of his better games last night.
Eventhough, he gave the puck away, I think twice, he performed well in other areas.
He blocked shots, few good rushes, played tough with more energy.
Old 12-17-2017, 12:29 PM
Serving a Suspension

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to say, Shankar is back to his useless ways.
I know he was not the only terrible one last night but he was the worse of all defensemen again.
Please Burke or Dent, tell me how in the heck can this guy play over Mcpherson, Hunter Billy C or Schaeffer?
Am I missing something here.
THIS OA NEEDS TO BE RELEASED
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Sorry to say, Shankar is back to his useless ways.
I know he was not the only terrible one last night but he was the worse of all defensemen again.
Please Burke or Dent, tell me how in the heck can this guy play over Mcpherson, Hunter Billy C or Schaeffer?
Am I missing something here.
THIS OA NEEDS TO BE RELEASED
Did you miss the fact that hes older more experienced and probably better than a few plus they like something he brings probably his physical play (when he can get away with it) and hes probably good in the room everyone complaining about him wont get their way
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2017, 03:17 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

I have wondered how he made it this far with playing like he does. He can't skate can't shoot and is always in the way or just standing around and watching the play. I'm with other forum members and want him gone. Also for his size he is not a physical player one hit in 20 games does not make him a physical player and I don't care what he is like in the room he needs to make his presence felt on the ice.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:31 PM

Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,477 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Did you miss the fact that hes older more experienced and probably better than a few plus they like something he brings probably his physical play (when he can get away with it) and hes probably good in the room everyone complaining about him wont get their way
He can teach all the junior players how to underperform, skate poorly and take stupid penalties while contributing nothing defensively or offensively.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:53 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of lightmodaymorninggm is a glorious beacon of light

I understand the frustration of the folks here but I think we need to trust Billy & Joey Burke on this one. They have turned this team around and recovered from the Williamson era with smart trades and astute drafting (20 of the 24 players on the roster are draft picks that Niagara made). They obviously see the value these two players bring. The team has done better than we all hoped for and I think we need to be patient and let them truly turn this organization into theirs
The Following User Says Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post: