Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,840    Downloads: 2,784,526   Msgs Posted: 138,794   Thread Views: 44,876,645   Online Now: 69
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-14-2022, 09:00 AM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Maybe after wages are paid to Mommy, Daddy, Billy and wife, Joey and wife, they are not profitable . . . maybe break/even, are they profitable prior to paying family wages ? I am guessing they are.

However when they were at the Jack I am guessing they were losing money. And no doubt I am sure COVID crushed them badly.

Sale prices are usually based upon multiples of earnings . . . If they were to sell I am sure they would make out ok especially on an after tax basis if structured as efficiently as possible for tax considerations.

Ask an accountant what 1 + 1 equals and the accountant will say . . . Well what do you want it to equal? (I would know as I am one lol)
I vaguely remember reading something before covid saying they only turned profitable when they moved to the MC and it was not a large profit.

added. ... it might have been that article 5 for fighting posted.

Last edited by Dogs Enthusiast 104; 04-14-2022 at 09:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2022, 10:55 AM
4th Line

poochlover has a spectacular aura aboutpoochlover has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Real simple, if you don't want people spreading around the awful things you say, stop saying awful things. Shaming a victim or villainizing a whistle-blower, just makes matters worse.
She's probably a Burke relative!! I wonder if the two BOZOS call their wives(and employees) the same names??
Old 04-14-2022, 11:49 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,295 Times in 881 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochlover View Post
She's probably a Burke relative!! I wonder if the two BOZOS call their wives(and employees) the same names??
No she not.
Old 04-17-2022, 10:44 AM
3rd Line

OlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the roughOlDawg is a jewel in the rough
Default Another rebuild?

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
Interesting to look at the first 6 years (when Marty Williamson was in control). 2 Conference championships, 1 conference finalist and never missed the playoffs. Compare that to the last 6 years and it suggests that the nepotism was a bad business choice.
Agreed on all counts. A recent & great example is up the QEW in Hamilton. The Belleville Bulls moved in 2015 & in 3 yrs won the East as the Hamilton Bulldogs; then again this year where they are ranked #1 in the CHL. With enlightened leadership, they have excelled over the same 6 yrs we have tumbled to #20 in the OHL.

Lets hope the Burkes see this experiment was an abject failure & despite their best efforts, give someone else a chance to rebuild this team.

GDG

Last edited by OlDawg; 04-24-2022 at 11:33 AM.