Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,840    Downloads: 2,784,526   Msgs Posted: 138,794   Thread Views: 44,876,654   Online Now: 76
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-07-2022, 08:47 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud of

Watching Billy behind the bench and the choices of his words, my guess is this is his style of communication, and he just got caught - I suspect it's not a one off - further, apple.....tree....runs in the family.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:48 PM
Top Prospect

ckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud of

As probably the only American-based fan of the IceDogs....and learning of this incident VERY much after the fact...I can only say this: I'm utterly infuriated. I'd half expect this incompetence from the Buffalo Sabres. (Well, up until recently.) The Burkes should never...and I MEAN....NEVER....be allowed back into the IceDogs organization, or for that matter organized hockey ever again if that's the way they're going to act.

Someone has to step forward and offer to buy the team, whether that's an individual or a group. (I don't know if OHL bylaws allow community ownership a la the Green Bay Packers. I'm sure someone will look it up for us.) And this team is going to have to do a LOT of fence-mending to get back into the region's good graces.
Old 04-07-2022, 08:53 PM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

I think there is a community owned team. Kitchener maybe???

That won’t happen though. I believe it’s a profitable enterprise. Depending on the price there could be a bunch of offers if they do indeed want to sell.
Old 04-07-2022, 09:06 PM
Top Prospect

ckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud ofckg927 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post

That won’t happen though. I believe it’s a profitable enterprise. Depending on the price there could be a bunch of offers if they do indeed want to sell.
Per the Kitchener Rangers' Wikipedia page, there are quite a few teams in the CHL that are community-owned: Moose Jaw, Swift Current and Lethbridge in the WHL, and Peterborough(along with Kitchener)in the OHL. (Ironically, it says 6 teams in the CHL are community-owned but it doesn't list the 6th team.)

Last edited by ckg927; 04-07-2022 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2022, 09:19 PM
Grump

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,168 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

It was a palm to the forehead moment when I read that in 14 years they have never had a complaint yet it was just a few weeks ago Billy was calling the ref a fornicating feline at the top of his lungs for thousands of people to hear.
Old 04-07-2022, 10:05 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,395 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default OHL findings Niagara Ice Dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post

That won?t happen though. I believe it?s a profitable enterprise. Depending on the price there could be a bunch of offers if they do indeed want to sell.

Kitchener is in fact publicly owned somehow. I do not know how, but I know that they are. IF you search the web hard enough you can probably find their financial statements . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2022, 10:09 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,395 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
It was a palm to the forehead moment when I read that in 14 years they have never had a complaint yet it was just a few weeks ago Billy was calling the ref a fornicating feline at the top of his lungs for thousands of people to hear.

Guess we should have complained a long time ago if this was going to happen Lol

Tbh I dunno I kind of go to a hockey game hoping to hear some potty mouth behaviour. I sit behind the penalty boxes so I can watch the players coming to the box cursing up a storm at each other or the refs. I love watching the coaches go ballistic on the benches. I would pay extra money if there was a way I could hear it all lol.

I really wonder if somewhere some OHL officials are kinda chuckling today at what has transpired . . .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-08-2022, 11:11 AM
4th Line

poochlover has a spectacular aura aboutpoochlover has a spectacular aura about

These two STOOGES are still on the website under Hockey operations(which is a joke in itself)!!! The era is over. The experiment of putting your family members(without any qualifications) is done. Get out,take a payday(as these 2 will never get another job in hockey) and move on. Players will benefit by getting reasonable coaching ,the "horse dung" scouting staff gets recognized and these 2 entitled bozos can find something else to fail at.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to poochlover For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2022, 11:15 AM
Big League

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks4 View Post
Watching Billy behind the bench and the choices of his words, my guess is this is his style of communication, and he just got caught -.
Exactly.

That is a dinosaur style of management. You simply can't do that in most workplaces today. I would fire a manager who spoke like that to one of my employees if it happened more than once. Nobody deserves abuse.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2022, 11:18 AM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by poochlover View Post
These two STOOGES are still on the website under Hockey operations(which is a joke in itselft.
Probably out sourced the web content management. Some geek somewhere has it on their to-do list. That would be my guess. Also, it looks like its the OHL that manages the website.

Last edited by Dogs Enthusiast 104; 04-08-2022 at 11:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post: