Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,419    Downloads: 1,185,416   Msgs Posted: 121,022   Thread Views: 21,265,587   Online Now: 86
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-31-2018, 06:17 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

He quit on us for his education....if he sat all season he would have had lots of time to study.. Him and London played us....go figure
Old 10-31-2018, 06:25 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Just read an article on the Knights site he averages two ****s per game double his totel with the Dogs from a year ago.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:26 PM

Thanked 2,763 Times in 1,510 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Why even bother trading him seriously
Shoulda let him rot
Exactly. I'd have called his bluff.

The second lesson in this IceDogs at times overvalue some players at the expense of others. I don't have to convince the faithful here as to Lochead's worth - yet that never translated into ice-time or even a letter for Willy. I can't blame Lochead for wanting a trade, he was underappreciated here. I can't blame London for capitalizing on the trade and using him to his full potential.

I can absolutely fault Niagara for being duped into taking a weak trade and for not recognizing what they had.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2018, 07:57 PM
3rd Line

Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993 Ohlfan1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Exactly. I'd have called his bluff.

The second lesson in this IceDogs at times overvalue some players at the expense of others. I don't have to convince the faithful here as to Lochead's worth - yet that never translated into ice-time or even a letter for Willy. I can't blame Lochead for wanting a trade, he was underappreciated here. I can't blame London for capitalizing on the trade and using him to his full potential.

I can absolutely fault Niagara for being duped into taking a weak trade and for not recognizing what they had.
I am happy to see him doing well since he never had a fair shake like you said. Let the guy have a blast in his OA year why not!
Old 10-31-2018, 08:13 PM
1st Line

conchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond reputeconchar has a reputation beyond repute

It would have been easy to let Willie bask in the bright lights of London, especially in his overage year, if he had only been up front about his intentions. He was well liked here and would have been a big part of the Ice Dogs drive for a Memorial Cup but he was set on playing for London and he and London managed to pull off another stunt to achieve their goals. The fans will remember what he did and will no doubt show him the same respect that he showed us the next time we play London.
The Following User Says Thank You to conchar For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2018, 09:19 PM

Thanked 2,763 Times in 1,510 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conchar View Post
It would have been easy to let Willie bask in the bright lights of London, especially in his overage year, if he had only been up front about his intentions. He was well liked here and would have been a big part of the Ice Dogs drive for a Memorial Cup but he was set on playing for London and he and London managed to pull off another stunt to achieve their goals. The fans will remember what he did and will no doubt show him the same respect that he showed us the next time we play London.
Much as I enjoy vilifying the Evil Empire... Niagara held the cards in this exchange. They folded in favour of "something versus nothing" and London took advantage of their naiveté.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:37 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone here really know what made Willy chose going to school over sticking around here... we all assume he just quit on the icedogs... maybe he qas told by management what their plans were in their exit meetings and it wasnt favourable non of us were there. Atthe end of the day he made the decision that best suited him and thats wgat all these kids should be doing. Most of them know they dont have much of a career past the OHL. That said hearing about his off season training regime was probably due to knowing he was still hoping to play in the OHL. Until i know forsure it was 100% onesided on his decision yo leave the team im.not gonna bash or boo him
Old 10-31-2018, 10:25 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,415 Times in 864 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

The word was out there even before the playoffs that our over-agers' this year would not be coming back this season.

The grapevine out there stated that the decision for Lochead not coming back and his family played a very big part in his not returning from school.

At the end of the day, we ended up getting a pick for him, which is better than nothing as he was going and I believe that he is still going to College in London.

I am done with the soap and it is, for me anyway, time to move on.

Missy tomorrow and Friday.

Over and out
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2018, 10:51 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
I am happy to see him doing well since he never had a fair shake like you said. Let the guy have a blast in his OA year why not!
Gee you are supporting a sneaky move that benefits London. Why does that sound familiar.
The Following User Says Thank You to pup96 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2018, 10:53 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Does anyone here really know what made Willy chose going to school over sticking around here... we all assume he just quit on the icedogs... maybe he qas told by management what their plans were in their exit meetings and it wasnt favourable non of us were there. Atthe end of the day he made the decision that best suited him and thats wgat all these kids should be doing. Most of them know they dont have much of a career past the OHL. That said hearing about his off season training regime was probably due to knowing he was still hoping to play in the OHL. Until i know forsure it was 100% onesided on his decision yo leave the team im.not gonna bash or boo him
So you think Willy had a hissy fit over ice time and stormed out? All the more reason not to release him - come back to the table and discuss or take a year off.