Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,892   Msgs Posted: 130,487   Thread Views: 27,271,681   Online Now: 94
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Will the Ice Dogs Make the Playoffs in the 19/20 Season
Yes! 22 68.75%
No 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2019, 07:33 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Season Opener One Month From Today Poll

Its getting closer!!

Will the Ice Dogs make the playoffs this season????

Yes or No.
Old 08-19-2019, 10:24 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Although I hope we make the playoffs I can’t really see who’s going to be worse than us in the east this year except for MAYBE Kingston again
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 09:41 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,619 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Although I hope we make the playoffs I can’t really see who’s going to be worse than us in the east this year except for MAYBE Kingston again
Along with Kingston, there are a few teams that don’t really project to be contending teams – and by January will likely in a similar situation as the IceDogs (sellers): North Bay, Hamilton and Barrie.
Old 08-20-2019, 10:44 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,965 Times in 1,105 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I say we don’t make the playoffs ... four reasons:

1 a Three goalies with essentially no OHL experience is not a recipe for success in the OHL.

2. Sure the defense will be decent to start the season depending on which OA return, but we need to sell anything with value at the deadline which likely won’t return in 20-21.

3.... scoring is going to be a problem made even worse once Thomas is traded at the deadline ...

4. But really we need to sell sell sell at the deadline... and if that is done it will make for some long nights in the second half of the season ...

I hate to say it but the Burke’s seem to want to keep the playoff streak in tact ... and if they abandon a proper tear down and rebuild to restock the draft pick cupboards, just to try and keep the playoff streak alive ... well then that definitely will set this franchise back even further... it would be yet another boneheaded decision by an Inexperienced management group with too much emotional / personal vested interest in the financial success of the team.

It’s time for us to pay the piper, finally miss the playoffs, and rebuild for another serious run in A couple years. As a long time season ticket holder I’m totally on board with a complete tear down and rebuild this season.

Sorry to offend the Burke cheerleaders in this group .. only one team in this league can sustain success without a complete tear down and rebuild ... we all know who they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 08:23 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,909 Times in 1,205 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I say we don’t make the playoffs ... four reasons:

1 a Three goalies with essentially no OHL experience is not a recipe for success in the OHL.

2. Sure the defense will be decent to start the season depending on which OA return, but we need to sell anything with value at the deadline which likely won’t return in 20-21.

3.... scoring is going to be a problem made even worse once Thomas is traded at the deadline ...

4. But really we need to sell sell sell at the deadline... and if that is done it will make for some long nights in the second half of the season ...

I hate to say it but the Burke’s seem to want to keep the playoff streak in tact ... and if they abandon a proper tear down and rebuild to restock the draft pick cupboards, just to try and keep the playoff streak alive ... well then that definitely will set this franchise back even further... it would be yet another boneheaded decision by an Inexperienced management group with too much emotional / personal vested interest in the financial success of the team.

It’s time for us to pay the piper, finally miss the playoffs, and rebuild for another serious run in A couple years. As a long time season ticket holder I’m totally on board with a complete tear down and rebuild this season.

Sorry to offend the Burke cheerleaders in this group .. only one team in this league can sustain success without a complete tear down and rebuild ... we all know who they are.

It is my hope that Strohs is sitting down while reading this.... but I agree with him on almost all points

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 08-21-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:49 AM
Team Captain

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

Hey, only a few months ago you scoffed at a few posters for thinking that the Icedogs defence could even be considered “ok” (Wee bit optimistic lol) - and now you have upped the evaluation to “decent”.
Old 08-21-2019, 09:53 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
I hate to say it but the Burke's seem to want to keep the playoff streak in tact ... and if they abandon a proper tear down and rebuild to restock the draft pick cupboards, just to try and keep the playoff streak alive ... well then that definitely will set this franchise back even further...
Strohs, I’m also a little concerned the IceDogs are fixated on making the playoffs. In every story or interview "keeping that streak alive" gets mentioned. However, there are more than enough sub-par teams in the Eastern Conference that the IceDogs can make the playoffs and still do what needs to be done.

It is unreasonable to think the IceDogs will trade away everyone that should be traded (Hunter and Roberts) or can be traded this year (Tomasino), but if Akil Thomas and Jacob Paquette are NOT traded at the deadline – this franchise is in a LOT of trouble! It will signal to IceDog fans that we’ll never win a championship.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2019, 07:04 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really, really hoping one of the 3 emerges as a solid starter quickly.

I do feel this is our biggest liability at this point in time. D looks ok, we still have some fire power on the Offense.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:05 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Hey, only a few months ago you scoffed at a few posters for thinking that the Icedogs defence could even be considered “ok” (Wee bit optimistic lol) - and now you have upped the evaluation to “decent”.
I remember that.
Old 08-21-2019, 07:31 PM
1st Line

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Really, really hoping one of the 3 emerges as a solid starter quickly.

I do feel this is our biggest liability at this point in time. D looks ok, we still have some fire power on the Offense.
Think you will see Josh Rosenzweig go to fort Erie with Rob Hubbert