Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,743    Downloads: 1,636,227   Msgs Posted: 130,453   Thread Views: 27,230,782   Online Now: 94
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Will the Ice Dogs Make the Playoffs in the 19/20 Season
Yes! 22 68.75%
No 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2019, 11:07 PM
1st Line

Red is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other membersRed is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Beats me. Its a private company. They can do what they want with the money.
Maybe they gave it to the Director of Scouting?
Old 09-12-2019, 11:18 PM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Maybe they gave it to the Director of Scouting?
Did they Jumbo?
Old 09-14-2019, 07:53 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to behold
Default Yes or No

I have too busy a work schedule to make a lot of games, let alone pre-season, so I read most threads and rely on the expertise of many on these boards (who shall remain nameless), so.....
YES or NO - expert opinions on whether they make the playoffs this year with a young rebuild?
Old 09-14-2019, 08:33 PM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks4 View Post
I have too busy a work schedule to make a lot of games, let alone pre-season, so I read most threads and rely on the expertise of many on these boards (who shall remain nameless), so.....
YES or NO - expert opinions on whether they make the playoffs this year with a young rebuild?
easy make.
Old 09-15-2019, 09:05 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,250 Times in 1,618 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks4 View Post
It will most likely come down to the IceDogs having to beat out Kingston and North Bay for the 8th seed. At this point, neither team is significantly better than Niagara.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 09:21 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,904 Times in 1,202 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I hope they don't sacrifice the future at the deadline for the sake of making the playoffs again and get to play two or three playoff games. Go Dogs Go!!
Old 09-15-2019, 09:30 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,964 Times in 1,105 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

80% of the teams in this league make the playoffs so you have to be bad or unlucky to miss ...

I don’t know enough about what other teams look like to say for sure that the Dogs will miss the playoffs. (would love to see the report someone does with how many goals are returning for every team this year)

But I think that this year is the best chance that they have been in Niagara that they will miss the playoffs ...

Reasons being (sorry to the cheerleaders who will no doubt chime in saying I’m being negative):

#1 - two rookie goalies - that’s tough.
#2 - sub-par coaching - Billy has always had talent to work with and I think it’s safe to say his teams have underperformed - what’s he going to do with a team full of youth and inexperience?
#3 - we should be sellers at the trade deadline - no Sam Militec trades in our favour to rescue a season and secure a playoff spot this year (at least I hope).
#4 - defense now significantly weaker with Paquette trade - which had to happen. We have two OA d, one of which - Roberts - is kinda a train wreck in his own end ... we have two highly touted virgins back there who haven’t skated a shift in the O.
#5 - offensive catalyst will be gone at the trade deadline or sooner if they can get a better haul ... when he’s gone wHO’s gonna set up Phil T?

I haven’t caught one second of anything to do with camp or ex games this year ... so my opinion is solely based on paper and what I know is returning from last year.

I’m all for a total rebuild year miss the playoffs and get a high pick ... as much as it would suck to see their streak broken which is really quite an accomplishment.

I’d rather that they miss than see them get slaughtered in the first round, at the hands of the Generals and Lleyton More lol

GDG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 09-15-2019, 10:18 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,904 Times in 1,202 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
80% of the teams in this league make the playoffs so you have to be bad or unlucky to miss ...

I don’t know enough about what other teams look like to say for sure that the Dogs will miss the playoffs. (would love to see the report someone does with how many goals are returning for every team this year)

But I think that this year is the best chance that they have been in Niagara that they will miss the playoffs ...

Reasons being (sorry to the cheerleaders who will no doubt chime in saying I’m being negative):

#2 - sub-par coaching - Billy has always had talent to work with and I think it’s safe to say his teams have underperformed - what’s he going to do with a team full of youth and inexperience?
#3 - we should be sellers at the trade deadline - no Sam Militec trades in our favour to rescue a season and secure a playoff spot this year (at least I hope).
#4 - defense now significantly weaker with Paquette trade - which had to happen. We have two OA d, one of which - Roberts - is kinda a train wreck in his own end ... we have two highly touted virgins back there who haven’t skated a shift in the O.
#5 - offensive catalyst will be gone at the trade deadline or sooner if they can get a better haul ... when he’s gone wHO’s gonna set up Phil T?

I haven’t caught one second of anything to do with camp or ex games this year ... so my opinion is solely based on paper and what I know is returning from last year.

I’m all for a total rebuild year miss the playoffs and get a high pick ... as much as it would suck to see their streak broken which is really quite an accomplishment.

I’d rather that they miss than see them get slaughtered in the first round, at the hands of the Generals and Lleyton More lol

GDG

Well done summary and I agree with almost all
Old 09-15-2019, 11:25 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,113 Times in 762 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post

GDG

If the Dogs make the postseason has number seven or eight seed I doubt they will play Oshawa in round one it either Peterborough or Sudbury.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:46 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
It will most likely come down to the IceDogs having to beat out Kingston and North Bay for the 8th seed. At this point, neither team is significantly better than Niagara.
I donít think theyíll have to worry about beating out NB (I think they get 10th) but Iím interested to see what Kingston does this year I
originally said weíd miss the playoffs and without seeing any preseason Iím not going to change that but I hope Iím wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I hope they don't sacrifice the future at the deadline for the sake of making the playoffs again and get to play two or three playoff games. Go Dogs Go!!
They wonít sacrifice the future because they canít
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post: