Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,794    Downloads: 1,926,590   Msgs Posted: 134,758   Thread Views: 32,764,407   Online Now: 146
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-14-2020, 11:07 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Read it on the Oshawa sight on the OHL board according to a sports writer from Peterborough it was suppose to be for another player but it fell thru.
If this is to be believed (personally don’t believe it) I think we all can guess who that player was
Old 04-14-2020, 11:35 AM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Read it on the Oshawa sight on the OHL board according to a sports writer from Peterborough it was suppose to be for another player but it fell thru.
https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer....t-going-first/

No. 13 — Oshawa Generals

Dylan Roorbrocek, C, London Jr. Knights

"Big centreman who can play all three zones. Has good offensive sense. A bit underrated."

(Strong buzz that Oshawa will trade him to Niagara to get back picks dealt for Philip Tomasino in January.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 5 for fighting For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2020, 07:55 AM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,763 Times in 1,913 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer....t-going-first/

No. 13 — Oshawa Generals

Dylan Roorbrocek, C, London Jr. Knights

"Big centreman who can play all three zones. Has good offensive sense. A bit underrated."

(Strong buzz that Oshawa will trade him to Niagara to get back picks dealt for Philip Tomasino in January.)

I'm impressed that someone had Dylan Roorbrocek projected #13 in the draft
Old 04-17-2020, 07:57 AM

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Joey Burke discusses the draft(s), Tucker Tynan and the year ahead...

The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2020, 12:32 PM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

I'm trying to compare this team to the fun young team that we had in 16/17 that squeeked into the playoffs and see if there is a shot here.

Coaching

I think right off the bat this is a disadvantage. I was a big fan of Bell and wish he stayed around longer.

Goaltending

It all comes down to Tynans recovery. He will be the same age that Dhillon was. If healthy, I do like him better.

Defense

On one hand, that team had a legit #1 in Mantha and another solid vet in Haydon. But the depth of this group going into next season looks better and more experienced. I feel it almost comes out as a wash (potential advantage to this team is if one of the 17 year olds comes in as a legit top pairing guy)

Forwards

This is where we have a big disadvantage unless we are getting a superstar at the import draft.

16/17 team had Paquette and Knott to play for a while before trading them.

Corniel, Jones and Castleman had quality seasons that we would need from guys like Uberti, Butler and Snow.

If Fimis can have a season like Thomas did, call that a win. We can't expect too much more than from a 16 year old who wasn't overly hyped.

Ultimately for this team to have any hope of the playoffs we need the following to happen.

1) Tynan needs to be healthy physically and mentally.
2) We need a quality backup
3) One of our young dmen needs to arrive as a top pairing dman who gets drafted to the NHL.
4) We need a homerun on the import pick
5) We need half a dozen forwards to match or exceed expectations based on age, skill and pedigree.

Thoughts?

Last edited by notldogsfan; 04-18-2020 at 12:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to notldogsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2020, 01:57 PM

Over the next few years of this rebuild the IceDogs look to be setup for success in goal (Tynan) and also on defense, especially with the addition of Alec Leonard (future #1 D written all over him) to partner up with I.Enright as the future top pairing. The area of a greatest need is up front. From the current roster, the IceDogs need at least 7 of them to develop into Top 9 Forwards over the next 2-3 years. The other 2 high-end players can come via the Import draft and the other through a trade in the go for it year only.

Projecting ahead 2 year from now, excluding any players who may yet surprise (e.g., Z.Wisdom, R.Struthers, J.DeSimone, E.Sims), sign (e.g. R.Broeck, C.Eishler) or not drafted (2021 - 05s: 2 x 2nd and 2 x 3rd // 2022 - 06s: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd), it would not be unreasonable to expect them to develop into quality…

1st LINE PLAYERS: *03 IMPORT - *04 P.FIMIS - (TBD 2022 or 2023)

2nd LINE PLAYERS: *04 B.COOKE - 02 UBERTI - 02 BUTLER

3rd LINE PLAYERS: 02 SNOW - 02 PETERS - 03 AGOSTINELLI

*04 D.ROOBROECK…and where will his development take him on the depth chart?

My favourite part of junior hockey is watching players develop and take that next step with each year they are in the league.

Last edited by Blacksox; 04-18-2020 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2020, 08:19 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Over the next few years of this rebuild the IceDogs look to be setup for success in goal (Tynan) and also on defense, especially with the addition of Alec Leonard (future #1 D written all over him) to partner up with I.Enright as the future top pairing. The area of a greatest need is up front. From the current roster, the IceDogs need at least 7 of them to develop into Top 9 Forwards over the next 2-3 years. The other 2 high-end players can come via the Import draft and the other through a trade in the go for it year only.

Projecting ahead 2 year from now, excluding any players who may yet surprise (e.g., Z.Wisdom, R.Struthers, J.DeSimone, E.Sims), sign (e.g. R.Broeck, C.Eishler) or not drafted (2021 - 05s: 2 x 2nd and 2 x 3rd // 2022 - 06s: 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd), it would not be unreasonable to expect them to develop into quality…

1st LINE PLAYERS: *03 IMPORT - *04 P.FIMIS - (TBD 2022 or 2023)

2nd LINE PLAYERS: *04 B.COOKE - 02 UBERTI - 02 BUTLER

3rd LINE PLAYERS: 02 SNOW - 02 PETERS - 03 AGOSTINELLI

*04 D.ROOBROECK…and where will his development take him on the depth chart?

My favourite part of junior hockey is watching players develop and take that next step with each year they are in the league.

I kind of expect Cooke to be on the line with Fimis, if there is already some chemistry between them, it may help both of them succeed early... Don't be surprised to see them on the 2nd line for the beginning of the season. Burkes have shown a reluctance to trust young guys. I expect to see Uberti starting the season as the #1 Center, not necessarily because his play has earned it, rather because he's a couple years older.

Love the idea of Snow - Peters - Agostinelli line... I wouldn't mind seeing an All Cameron line either... lol

Roobroeck may not even play for IceDogs this year, sure he may show up to camp, but he may want to maintain his NCAA Eligibility if he isn't going to be a 'Featured Player' on the team this year...

Development of players is something I love to watch, but BB hasn't shown me that he's good at developing talent yet...
Old 04-19-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I kind of expect Cooke to be on the line with Fimis, if there is already some chemistry between them, it may help both of them succeed early... Don't be surprised to see them on the 2nd line for the beginning of the season. Burkes have shown a reluctance to trust young guys. I expect to see Uberti starting the season as the #1 Center, not necessarily because his play has earned it, rather because he's a couple years older.

Love the idea of Snow - Peters - Agostinelli line... I wouldn't mind seeing an All Cameron line either... lol

Roobroeck may not even play for IceDogs this year, sure he may show up to camp, but he may want to maintain his NCAA Eligibility if he isn't going to be a 'Featured Player' on the team this year...

Development of players is something I love to watch, but BB hasn't shown me that he's good at developing talent yet...

Just to clarify, those line where more my projection as to what the basis of this team’s Top 9 might look like in few years, if those players currently on the roster met a realistic expectation. Of course, this does not factor in other players signed, traded or drafted onto this roster over the next 2 or 3 years.

I agree for the coming season, Uberti will be the #1 centre and while I don’t think he ultimate will be that player – Fimis definitely has the potential to be that guy – however, Uberti upside is very intriguing. Lost in the team’s bad play, after the trade deadline, was the development of Jake Uberti. Many didn’t notice that he was evolving into a quality OHL players, but NHL scouts did – as he was steadily climbed up the draft ranking. Now he still may not get drafted this season, but scouts know who Ubeti is and another good year could mean he does.

Although, I’m thinking further along - a line of Snow, Peters and Agostinelli, this year, would be fun to watch – all 3 can really skate and give max effort each shift.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:24 AM
2nd Line

notldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to beholdnotldogsfan is a splendid one to behold

Yeah Uberti, Butler and the import pick are going to have to do the heavy lifting, especially in the early part of the year.

I still wouldn't mind using a mid round pick or two to upgrade one of the forward OA spots if possible.
Old 04-19-2020, 11:53 AM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Upgrade on our oa if price is not to high Flint....Guelph and Owen Sound have surplus of forwards
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post: