Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,794    Downloads: 1,909,859   Msgs Posted: 134,715   Thread Views: 32,602,077   Online Now: 124
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: Would you renew your Season Tickets now if asked?
YES - this will all work out according to the OHL's plan 7 33.33%
NO - I am not risking my money on a potentially cancelled or partial season 5 23.81%
WAIT - when the Province ok's things, then I will, but not before 2 9.52%
WHO CARES - I am not a Season Ticket holder anyhow. 2 9.52%
NOT HAPPY - I will renew so I don't lose my seats, but this was not nice 5 23.81%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-05-2020, 03:49 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,075 Times in 1,317 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Info from Joey's 610 radio interview this afternoon. Print version.

IceDogs General Manager Joey Burke tells CKTB it's great that the team has a date to look forward to.

Burke says they are currently in talks with the Ontario government to see if they can have more than 50 people inside the Meridian Centre. The centre's capacity is 5300.

He says if they get approval to operate at 50%, they can accomodate season ticket holders, and other fans.

Currently under Stage 3 of Ontario's reopening plans, you can't have a group larger than 50 indoors.

The movie theatre industry has recently been successful in talks with the government increasing the amount of moviegoers to 50 per screen, instead of the entire facility.

Burke says anything less than 50 percent capacity at the Meridian would be difficult.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:00 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,255 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneHead View Post
These are the questions that I asked in an email:
I've sent an email asking the following questions:
- What precautions will be put in place for the upcoming season?
- What happens if we purchase our tickets but the province doesn't lift their ban for gatherings?
- Will only STH's be allowed at the games?
- What will be the cap for games?
- What about distancing?
- If the season is delayed or not allowed to start when it is scheduled will there be a rebate/refund?

I am going to send the same email as I also have the same questions .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-05-2020, 06:52 PM
2nd Line

Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
canucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud ofcanucks4 has much to be proud of

I am not impressed - they want our money in 13 days for a season that may not exist in front of fans that aren't going to be allowed - hmm...don't think so. I'm still pissed that the coaching did not change and on top of that they let some of the key personnel go.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:40 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,759 Times in 1,910 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

It’s understandable that every individual comes at this from a different angle, and that needs to be respected - but solely from my perspective - I’m a STH for many reasons, but primarily because the product is entertaining and I can afford the season ticket. For me renewal is a no brainer. In fact, I’ll look to add another season ticket so I can invite friends to enjoy an evening out, if and when we can enter the arena again. And if I don’t get all 32 games, they can credit me for next years’ season tickets.

The league (and the IceDogs) are in crisis situation as a result of this pandemic. I view my season ticket money as being a part of the solution to save our local junior hockey team.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 08:30 PM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for reaching out. At this time we do not know the exact precautions/caps for the games; all directions that the government has in place come December will be followed. The health and safety of our fans and players are a top priority for us.

If the season does get cancelled, any tickets purchased will be transferred to the next season or will be refunded.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:32 PM

Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,984 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

I agree with your sentiments Blacksox but I would like those refund or rebate provisions spelled out on the renewal sheet. The OHL is not the only business hurting right now, and while I concur there is value for dollar, not having a season or having it abridged detracts from that. The compromise is, you reassure us in writing, we'll back you financially.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:42 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Itís understandable that every individual comes at this from a different angle, and that needs to be respected - but solely from my perspective - Iím a STH for many reasons, but primarily because the product is entertaining and I can afford the season ticket. For me renewal is a no brainer. In fact, Iíll look to add another season ticket so I can invite friends to enjoy an evening out, if and when we can enter the arena again. And if I donít get all 32 games, they can credit me for next yearsí season tickets.

The league (and the IceDogs) are in crisis situation as a result of this pandemic. I view my season ticket money as being a part of the solution to save our local junior hockey team.
This is exactly how I feel about renewing my ticket today
Old 08-05-2020, 09:27 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

I am gonna renew real soon. I can afford to support the team. I realize not everyone can take the gamble. Tough situation.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:20 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,116 Times in 1,313 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Most professional teams are letting their STH forgo the season without losing their seat going forward.

If an OHL STH doesn't feel safe entering a building in the middle of a pandemic during the height of flu season, not knowing if the people around them have the sniffles or covid, should they lose the seat they've sat in for 10 years? I would hope not.

I've also heard/read that Branch has said that there won't be any conference crossover games. Meaning the Dogs won't play London, Kitchener, Windsor, etc. at all this season. There will also be a lot more weekday games to cram the season in.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 11:59 AM

Thanked 3,601 Times in 1,984 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Most professional teams are letting their STH forgo the season without losing their seat going forward.

If an OHL STH doesn't feel safe entering a building in the middle of a pandemic during the height of flu season, not knowing if the people around them have the sniffles or covid, should they lose the seat they've sat in for 10 years? I would hope not.

I agree with that plan completely, but I am also convinced it isn't going to happen in the OHL/Niagara. I doubt my wife will enter the Meridian Centre wearing a mask with 2,600 other people. So chances are, I will end up buying our two tickets and using one occasionally, just to bookmark our seats.

The more I think about it, the more questions I have. Who will enforce the mask issue - if its anything like shopping (no mask, mask over mouth, mask on chin, mask on forehead). Will this be the task of the ushers, lol? What about during eating or drinking, or will that be suspended as well? Our section is almost entirely STH, so who gets to keep their seats and who has to move to ensure distancing? It is well documented that loud utterances have the potential to spread droplets more readily than quiet talking, will cheering be allowed? What about players checking each other, fighting, or even leaning in close for a face-off? Will they all be required to wear full face masks?