Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,800    Downloads: 2,048,510   Msgs Posted: 134,986   Thread Views: 34,387,048   Online Now: 101
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:38 PM
Junior Hockey Research Analyst

Thanked 3,789 Times in 1,931 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

2021 Switzerland World Jr Highlights - Giancarlo Chanton
A revised 4 minute collection of Chanton’s best defensive and offensive plays in the 2021 World Junior Championships.

2021 World Juniors: Top Draft Prospects
Steve Kournianos
https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2021...aft-prospects/

Giancarlo Chanton, Defenseman (Switzerland)
Expected draft range: Late Rounds

Chanton is a stead three-zone defender who spent last season on a depth pairing with the OHL’s Niagara Ice Dogs. For the Swiss, expect Chanton to be their No. 1 and all-situations fireman who can handle the tough assignments and use his cleverness and anticipation to help tilt the ice back in their favor. He has good length and uses a highly-active stick while maintaining his gap, but his anticipation and timely step-ups in the grey zone keep clean opposing zone entries to a minimum during even-strength play. Chanton is a hard passer — sometimes too hard — but the timing and accuracy of his leads catch his forwards in stride. It was surprising to see a young defender who excels on his side of the red line left off of Central Scouting’s initial watch list, but part of that can be attributed to playing for the defensive dumpster fire for Niagara in last year’s run-and-gun OHL. His mobility and quickness are above average, and although Chanton is more of a pin-and-holder than a masher, he can use his upper-body strength to separate opponents from the puck.

Last edited by Blacksox; 01-02-2021 at 09:08 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2021, 01:38 PM

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

https://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb/a...7?mode=Article

Niagara Sports Report (Rod Mawhood)

Guest: GM Joey Burke discussing...

<> Giancarlo Chanton
<> Phil Tomasino
<> OHL return to play
<> Danil Gushchin
<> potential breakout players in 20-21
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2021, 08:33 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Saw this on twitter today thoughts? I assume he was Panos winger

Oshawa spent a boatload of draft picks (nine total; including six second rounders, one third & two fourths) for Team Canada star Phil Tomasino. It’s been rumoured over the last few months that 2020 first rounder Aidan Castle was going to be “part two” of that trade. We’ll see.
https://twitter.com/ohlinsiders/stat...797964290?s=21 Good couple tweets from the insider about what I mentioned above that I saw on twitter last week
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2021, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
https://twitter.com/ohlinsiders/stat...797964290?s=21 Good couple tweets from the insider about what I mentioned above that I saw on twitter last week
If the suggested cost for Aiden Castle (04 - 1st) is only a pair of 2nd and 3rd, IceDogs shouldn't even think twice about making that deal. Castle is an elite first round talent! That would give the IceDogs two high-end 1st rd 04s (plus 04 D - Alec Leonard) to build around going forward. I highly doubt there's any truth to this, but I hope so.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2021, 12:22 AM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,269 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Sadly this kind of trade speculation no longer interests me.. the team the Dogs could have this season .... which probably won?t even happen ... doesn?t really interest me currently.

Been almost a full year now without OHL hockey ... hate to say it but I?m losing interest ... and how long could it be until I sit in a packed meridian centre again? Don?t even want to think about that.

This whole situation just ... well ... sucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2021, 11:51 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,321 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I noticed yesterday that the Icedogs traded forward Nikita Tiatinkin to Owen Sound for a conditional 15th round pick.
I can not seem to find where the team got him. I did not see his name on the past two drafts.

Help and thank you
Old 01-08-2021, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I noticed yesterday that the Icedogs traded forward Nikita Tiatinkin to Owen Sound for a conditional 15th round pick.
I can not seem to find where the team got him. I did not see his name on the past two drafts.

Help and thank you
What is considered a minor transaction, the IceDogs traded waiver claimed 03 Nikita Tiatinkin to Owen Sound for a 15 rd pick that could become a 7th round pick if certain performance markers are reached.

Tiatinkin, a Russian has played in Ottawa long enough to not be considered an import, but he didn’t qualify for either the OHL Priority Selection Draft or the Under-18 draft due to paperwork issues.

IceDogs picked Tiatinkin off waivers and then subsequently dealt him to Owen Sound. He had impressive stats (and size) in the Hockey East Ontario U-18 triple-A league and as an 03, I was curious to see what he looked like at camp against junior hockey players.
Old 01-08-2021, 12:54 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,321 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
What is considered a minor transaction, the IceDogs traded waiver claimed 03 Nikita Tiatinkin to Owen Sound for a 15 rd pick that could become a 7th round pick if certain performance markers are reached.

Tiatinkin, a Russian has played in Ottawa long enough to not be considered an import, but he didn’t qualify for either the OHL Priority Selection Draft or the Under-18 draft due to paperwork issues.

IceDogs picked Tiatinkin off waivers and then subsequently dealt him to Owen Sound. He had impressive stats (and size) in the Hockey East Ontario U-18 triple-A league and as an 03, I was curious to see what he looked like at camp against junior hockey players.
Thank you Blacksox. I knew that it was a minor transaction but, could not find how he got here. Basically, too damned lazy to go looking for it. I figure that you would come up with this info. Thanks again
Old 01-08-2021, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Thank you Blacksox. I knew that it was a minor transaction but, could not find how he got here. Basically, too damned lazy to go looking for it. I figure that you would come up with this info. Thanks again
Further to my previous post RSJ, Nikita Tiatinkin was a player that Owen Sound GM wanted to bring in (along with his twin brother a goalie). It was known that a few teams ahead of Owen Sound were planning to claim him, so this could very well be a situation where Joey Burke was asked by Owen Sound to do them a favour, that would be return in the near future. Always a good idea to keep good relations with other GMs - and this could very well be the case here.
Old 01-17-2021, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
2021 Switzerland World Jr Highlights - Giancarlo Chanton
A revised 4 minute collection of Chanton’s best defensive and offensive plays in the 2021 World Junior Championships.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RUlDe1GjQY

2021 World Juniors: Top Draft Prospects
Steve Kournianos
https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2021...aft-prospects/

Giancarlo Chanton, Defenseman (Switzerland)
Expected draft range: Late Rounds
Chanton is a stead three-zone defender who spent last season on a depth pairing with the OHL’s Niagara Ice Dogs. For the Swiss, expect Chanton to be their No. 1 and all-situations fireman who can handle the tough assignments and use his cleverness and anticipation to help tilt the ice back in their favor. He has good length and uses a highly-active stick while maintaining his gap, but his anticipation and timely step-ups in the grey zone keep clean opposing zone entries to a minimum during even-strength play. Chanton is a hard passer — sometimes too hard — but the timing and accuracy of his leads catch his forwards in stride. It was surprising to see a young defender who excels on his side of the red line left off of Central Scouting’s initial watch list, but part of that can be attributed to playing for the defensive dumpster fire for Niagara in last year’s run-and-gun OHL. His mobility and quickness are above average, and although Chanton is more of a pin-and-holder than a masher, he can use his upper-body strength to separate opponents from the puck.

ICEDOGS’ IMPORT REPORT

Niagara Sports Report: Giancarlo Chanton
AUDIO LINK: (2:25 – 9:00)
https://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb/a...4?mode=Article

Niagara Sports Report: Danil Gushchin
VIDEO LINK:

Gushchin’s second of the night is a must see goal. His hands…
https://twitter.com/EPRinkside/statu...36257091756033

In 20 games, Gushchin has 12Gs and 26Pts – 5th in both USHL scoring categories.
https://www.ushl.com/view#/player-stats

The Russian winger draws comparisons to Ovi — both good and bad.
Gushchin plays high-risk, high-reward hockey — which makes him sound a lot like Alex Ovechkin. Gushchin boasts a serious wrist shot with great hands that can find ways to score all over the ice. He uses his small size to his advantage, weaving between opponents effortlessly. His puck control and stick work is top notch, and he has the offensive mindset of top-line talent.

DobberProspects
The Russian import is a speedy, skilled winger who has the predatory instinct of the best offensive players in the game. His puck skills are impressive, juking and dodging through traffic as if he were a shifty NFL running back. It can be incredibly fun to watch and devastating for the mentality of his opponents as they are often left reaching for air as he maneuvers the ice.