Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,800    Downloads: 2,039,223   Msgs Posted: 134,972   Thread Views: 34,274,083   Online Now: 130
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-10-2021, 12:16 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
a short season will suit them well in terms of player development in preparation for the 21-22 season.
Yes. The timing of the pandemic (as horrific and tragic as it is) is good for the Ice Dogs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 12:55 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

I have been predicting this would happen for 6 months or more:

Quote:
Government of Saskatchewan announces new funding to support junior hockey

Today, the Government of Saskatchewan announced funding to support the province’s Western Hockey League (WHL) teams and the Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League (SJHL). This support will help the survival of these leagues and their teams in Saskatchewan in the face of the challenges created by COVID-19 pandemic.

“Our junior hockey teams are a critical part of the cultural fabric and local economies across the province,” Minister of Trade and Export Development Jeremy Harrison said. “Necessary restrictions due to COVID-19 have had a significant impact on these leagues and their teams and this support will help them address these financial challenges.”

The provincial government is providing $3 million in support to help WHL teams address revenue shortfalls as a result of COVID-19 restrictions. Each of Saskatchewan’s WHL teams will receive $600,000.

The SJHL will receive $1 million in provincial support. This funding will be provided to the League.
https://whl.ca/article/government-of...-junior-hockey

Don't be surprised that other Provincial governments do a similar thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 06:21 PM
4th Line

sabre11714 is on a distinguished road

I am all for help for the OHL. Just not for the London Knights!
The Following User Says Thank You to sabre11714 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 06:41 PM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre11714 View Post
100%
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2021, 08:43 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default London?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre11714 View Post
Who would support the Knights getting this 'reward' as they get so much from 'the League' ( ie=Branch )as it is.

Last edited by OlDawg; 01-16-2021 at 08:46 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:12 PM
Curmudgeon

Thanked 2,238 Times in 1,268 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

That is great to see
And if I was an owner I wouldn?t turn down a free $600k

But I can?t imagine it?s going to help that much

Even with that I would guess each team is losing a decent amount of money

Great to see a govt step forward though

These teams should get some type of directed funding ... seems like every other industry gets something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk