Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,739,367   Msgs Posted: 134,071   Thread Views: 30,089,792   Online Now: 121
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-15-2020, 03:24 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
How can you possibly know how good or bad our team will be next season?
Have you watched the last 11 losses in row ? They are getting blown out, badly out played,badly out shot and badly out coached against mediocre teams. ..Zero coaching will continue into next year, they lose Lodnia and Tucker Tynan is a guess if he can return or play properly after his injury. ..Next year = bad coaching,unknown goaltending, lack of high end talent...plus what teams will be much worse then us ? ...I see the Dogs as a bottom 5 in the league, hope I'm wrong
Old 02-15-2020, 03:37 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
Have you watched the last 11 losses in row ? They are getting blown out, badly out played,badly out shot and badly out coached against mediocre teams. ..Zero coaching will continue into next year, they lose Lodnia and Tucker Tynan is a guess if he can return or play properly after his injury. ..Next year = bad coaching,unknown goaltending, lack of high end talent...plus what teams will be much worse then us ? ...I see the Dogs as a bottom 5 in the league, hope I'm wrong
I watched about half of the 11 losses. We have been decimated with injuries. Our best player, our best goalie and now one of the good additions we picked up in the trades is now gone for the season.

You need to consider that some of the other teams in the league that are peaking now will be starting their rebuild next year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 03:45 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default Sending messages

[quote=strohs;132524]Quite frankly I think Lodnia wants to get out of the OHL ASAP and get back to the AHL ASAP to earn some $ and that is why he is here. That is the only rationale explanation for him staying in a losing situation. Talk about selfish .... I used to really like his game but (guessing he didn?t waive his NTC) I think a lot differently of him now ...

As far as why Militec was on this roster a couple of years ago lol I think everyone knows my thoughts on that.

And to whomever said this before they may be on to something ... and THAT might be the only way we see a coaching change behind the bench ... if top players start refusing to report because of the person currently filling the role as head coach, and if word of that filters back to Daddy, I think THAT is how a change might be made behind the bench ... otherwise we are stuck with the genius boy wonder who loses his mind every other game against the officials ...)

You may not be that surprised he is rumoured to "lose his mind" between periods with the kids too, so there may be a reason the room is under stress, tuning out & playing out the string. Thoughts to ponder going forward.
Old 02-15-2020, 04:03 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,203 Times in 1,243 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
How can you possibly know how good or bad our team will be next season?

Let?s see:

1 - No Thomas, Tomasino, Lodnia, Sopa to carry us offensively through the first half of the season and comfortably in a playoff spot to withstand an 11 game losing streak and STILL be in a playoff spot lol.

2 - Tynan was outstanding and masked a lot of the defensive problems we are now seeing ... gruesome injury can he return to the same form next season? Big question mark there. If not we are in deep do do because ...

3 - the two current goalies we have now have shown they are not OHL caliber starters ... if Tynan doesn?t come back that?s a problem .

4 - our OA next season will be so weak and there is really no reason to waste assets to bring in better quality OA.

5 - our current group of young forwards hasn?t shown much IMO. There will be some improvement no doubt but they have MASSIVE shoes to fill ... Uberti has been better second half, DeSimone has regressed badly, and I really haven?t seen much progress from their fringe forwards who probably get pushed out the door next year ... I think Agostinelli and Snow could become legit third liners next year ... outside of Uberti, Bruder (OA), Butler, Peters, Snow, Agostinelli, I really don?t see anything special ...

6 - we will have a very high import pick AND a high first rounder - could be a difference maker picking that high - but will they report with such poor quality head coaching?

I think you are being too optimistic .

Oh ps it would be nice if they stopped drafting midgets in the first five rounds of the draft at least ... pick the midgets after that ... I?m so sick of always being the undersized team ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 05:48 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
I set the over under for wins with 26 games left at 2.5-3.5. They won their first game after that followed by 11 loses in a row. IMO if they don't win both North Bay games they're going under both numbers.

I don't see how they're going to get a first rounder or a decent import to report without making a change behind the bench at this point.

The prized deadline pickup Butler who IMO has the tools to be very good is a minus 31 in 21 games since going +4 against the Dogs while still with the Pete's. He may very well win the green jacket.

It's a surprise when they actually show up and give the other team a game like last night. To be frank I show up expecting a **** show.

Why Lodnia is still on this roster is as baffling as why Sam Miletic was 2 years ago? The kid is an absolute stud and it's a shame he isn't chasing a cup instead of trying to will this awful team towards an inevitable first round pounding.
I said over your numbers when you said that (I assume they win both NB games and find another win somewhere honestly thought it could be last night) I expected/expect shows every game minus the NB games so the last 2 gameís have been a surprise as for Lodnia heís probably surprised to be back in the O and doesnít want to be here so he wants to get back to the AHL ASAP
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 06:32 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
(I assume they win both NB games and find another win somewhere)
Really? Thatís quite an assumption considering their record so far against NB this year.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to slamr For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 07:45 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default Focus...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post
Really? Thatís quite an assumption considering their record so far against NB this year.
They are mentally done...Too many changes, loss of leadership, lack of coaching will continue to influence this team for the rest of the season. With a hope for better tomorrows...
Old 02-15-2020, 07:48 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post
Guess weíll see I could see us winning both or splitting but Iím gonna stick with my prediction
Old 02-15-2020, 08:15 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,302 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Guess weíll see I could see us winning both or splitting but Iím gonna stick with my prediction
North Bay has our number and I can see them sweeping us. Besides, I have a brother that lives in North Bay and I think he might agree with me.
We have a natural rivalry, for sure. Younger brothers can be a pain sometime LOL
Old 02-15-2020, 08:36 PM
3rd Line

You may not be that surprised BB is rumoured to "lose his mind" between periods with the kids too, so there may be a reason the room is under stress, tuning out & playing out the string.

Thoughts to ponder going forward.

Last edited by OlDawg; 02-15-2020 at 08:53 PM.