Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,741,412   Msgs Posted: 134,080   Thread Views: 30,113,454   Online Now: 105
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 04-23-2020, 02:14 PM
3rd Line

NachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to beholdNachoLou is a splendid one to behold

He would cost money. When is the last time that the Burkes spent money on someone that wasn't a family member or buddy? I.E. Jumbo, Marty, Billy, Joey, etc.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:16 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to beholdmodaymorninggm is a splendid one to behold

Pelino is an experienced hockey guy for sure. What makes you think the Burke's want him. All they hire is family, in laws, friends of their boys. The real fact may be that Pelino would not want any part of this group. He will have lots of choices and many of them will not be as dysfunctional as this group
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2020, 09:13 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
Pelino is an experienced hockey guy for sure. What makes you think the Burke's want him. All they hire is family, in laws, friends of their boys. The real fact may be that Pelino would not want any part of this group. He will have lots of choices and many of them will not be as dysfunctional as this group
Not sure it means anything but Pelino is on the Niagara Sports Report tomorrow morning. Apparently he and his wife got and survived the Corunavirus when he was coaching in Russia.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:55 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,302 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Not sure it means anything but Pelino is on the Niagara Sports Report tomorrow morning. Apparently he and his wife got and survived the Corunavirus when he was coaching in Russia.
Not that you are wrong, but Mike did get the virus but according to him, not sure where he got it. Could have been in Russia before he left Russia or the airport in New York City, according to the newspaper article. Then he went home and unbeknowing to himself, gave it to his wife. Sorry for correcting you.
Old 05-04-2020, 01:01 PM

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,972 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
I guess before a team takes action, they have to recognize a need first. Is the coaching staff in Niagara what the team needs? Will they get the job done when its crunch time? Will players put their future in the training abilities of the coaching staff? Will fans remain dedicated?
Old 05-05-2020, 05:47 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,244 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I guess before a team takes action, they have to recognize a need first. Is the coaching staff in Niagara what the team needs? Will they get the job done when its crunch time? Will players put their future in the training abilities of the coaching staff? Will fans remain dedicated?

I imagine Mr and Mrs Burke are quite happy with the coaching situation lol

They don?t know any better if it needs to be improved IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2020, 08:37 PM

Thanked 3,583 Times in 1,972 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I imagine Mr and Mrs Burke are quite happy with the coaching situation lol

They don?t know any better if it needs to be improved IMO

Could a "winning/competent" coaching staff add equity to the team in the event of a sale, or are you thinking the team "is what it is" as an employment vehicle for the Burke kids - period?
Old 05-05-2020, 09:47 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,244 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Could a "winning/competent" coaching staff add equity to the team in the event of a sale, or are you thinking the team "is what it is" as an employment vehicle for the Burke kids - period?

I dont process to know what kind of actual education those kids have ... but if they wanted a career in hockey ... then the dogs are an employment vehicle for the kids IMO.

I cant imagine JB or BB would land similar roles if mom and dad sold the dogs and they had to look elsewhere for GM and coaching positions ... I simply dont think they re good / experienced enough ... nepotism has clearly helped them both greatly ...

I highly doubt mom and dad are looking to sell the team right now because IMO it?s not a sellers market right now ...

Old 05-11-2020, 07:00 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default All appropriate questions!!

Quote:
Fans are here to stay; the coach, maybe only one more cycle.
Old 05-25-2020, 12:47 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

After hearing Mark Matier (Thorold boy) on the Niagara Sports Report today talking about playing for and winning the Memorial Cup with Ted Nolan as head coach, and how much he was the best motivator he ever played for sign me up for Ted Nolan.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post: