Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,366    Downloads: 1,059,730   Msgs Posted: 119,210   Thread Views: 20,197,197   Online Now: 36
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:29 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,124 Times in 1,022 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default Jody Hull Associate Coach

Wish it were not the case, however, Ted Dent departure was not completely unexpected. Jody Hull appears to be a respected coach within the Hockey Canada circles.

Former Peterborough Petes coach Jody Hull named 2018 Canada U18 assistant coach
https://www.thepeterboroughexaminer....sistant-coach/

Hull was named an assistant coach for Canada's Under-18 team for the 2018 IIHF U18 World Championship in, Russia, April 19-29.

He rejoins head coach Don Hay who Hull worked alongside in 2013 when Canada won the gold medal at the world U18 championships in Sochi, Russia.

Hull, who was let go by the Peterborough Petes after five years as head coach. Hull began his coaching career in 2005 with the Petes where he was assistant coach from 2005-2008 winning the OHL championship in 2006, and again from 2010-2012.

Hull was last with Hockey Canada's Program of Excellence as head coach of Canada's National Men's Summer U18 Team at the 2014 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup, winning gold.

His history with Hockey Canada also includes working as video coach for Canada's U18 team that finished first at the 2011 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Cup.

As a player, Hull registered 831 NHL games over 16 seasons with Hartford, Ottawa, the New York Rangers, Florida, Tampa Bay, and Philadelphia. He also won a gold medal for Canada at the 1988 IIHF World Junior Championship in Russia while playing with the Petes.

JODY HULL NAMED HEAD COACH OF CANADA'S 2014 NATIONAL MEN'S SUMMER UNDER-18 TEAM
https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/ne...eam-head-coach

Jody Hull Named Assistant Coach 2013 Team Canada U18
http://gopetesgo.com/jody-hull-named...eam-canada-u18
Old 08-17-2018, 11:29 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,485 Times in 814 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I’ve never really paid attention to other teams coaching staffs ... but do most other OHL teams also have a revolving door with regards to lack of stability in retaining assistant coaches?

My guess is yes as assistantswould be prime for promotions elsewhere ... but was wondering if there was some type of niagara issue here .....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2018, 11:46 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,124 Times in 1,022 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Here are all the changes in coaches/assistant coaches from last year. There were quite a few.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/artic...2017-18-season
Old 08-18-2018, 08:27 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,485 Times in 814 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Here are all the changes in coaches/assistant coaches from last year. There were quite a few.

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/artic...2017-18-season

Ok good to see it’s not a Niagara thing ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2018, 02:53 PM
4th Line

Ohlfan1993 is really not well liked by the rest of the forum

So Mr Jody Hull will take over Mr Ted Dents previous position on the defensive side of the bench? Was he let go from the Pete's and then hired here or he decided to choose the Dogs as a better spot for him? It's my understanding he held the same position before coming over.
Old 08-19-2018, 03:05 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
So Mr Jody Hull will take over Mr Ted Dents previous position on the defensive side of the bench? Was he let go from the Pete's and then hired here or he decided to choose the Dogs as a better spot for him? It's my understanding he held the same position before coming over.
Jody was fired by the Pete’s last season because they weren’t as good as they expected to be he was the head coach there. I believe he’ll just take Dents role but don’t know for sure
Old 08-19-2018, 03:14 PM
4th Line

Ohlfan1993 is really not well liked by the rest of the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Jody was fired by the Peteís last season because they werenít as good as they expected to be he was the head coach there. I believe heíll just take Dents role but donít know for sure
I would think given he was a head coach then and being involved with Canada he will bring some assets that the team can take advantage of.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:16 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohlfan1993 View Post
I would think given he was a head coach then and being involved with Canada he will bring some assets that the team can take advantage of.
Hull was on the Niagara Sports Report yesterday and said he would be running the defense, and one of the special teams.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:34 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,329 Times in 801 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Hull was on the Niagara Sports Report yesterday and said he would be running the defense, and one of the special teams.
Hull's duties are going to be much the same as Ted Dent's were last season.
I was a big fan of Ted Dent, but, I really like this signing.

A staff member who has been in the show and relay his experience to players who would like to follow his path.

PS: I am not knocking other members of the staff by any means.

Go Dogs Go!!