Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,366    Downloads: 1,059,693   Msgs Posted: 119,210   Thread Views: 20,196,186   Online Now: 87
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 09-01-2018, 09:56 AM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Tomasino is going to be fun to watch this season...held there own tonight against pretty much the regular season Colts lineup.
On the radio broadcast they hinted he could be traded.

I yelled out ..... "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" when I heard them say that.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 10:02 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,124 Times in 1,022 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Courtesy of Matt and DJ

Post game comments from Coach Burke.

Part I

https://twitter.com/IceDogsThisWeek/...52306187788288

Part II

https://twitter.com/IceDogsThisWeek/...52768056107008
Old 09-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post

When did they say that? I doubt heís going anywhere
Old 09-01-2018, 11:44 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,009 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Heís one of the players teams are going to ask for at the deadline. Heís going to be a star in this league, probably not this year though. So do you trade a potential star for a current one in a go for it year? Iím sure the Dogs wouldnít entertain the thought of moving him if they had some second round picks to trade instead. Oh, I donít know maybe around 3 second round picks would buy a star player. Wish we had an extra three 2nd round picks.

Having said all of that, Tomasino was the best player on the ice last night.

Moore is the real deal.
Constantinou can skate and has silky mitts. Wish he would shoot more though. Also a little scary in his own end.
Howard is a crusher. Iím afraid his skating isnít up to OHL standards yet.
Ham same as last year, good play followed by an awful one.

Up front,

Johnson looked good.
Not sure what to make of Sopa yet.
Uberti flashed some speed.
Cook and Martin were invisible.
Castleman has gone completely backwards. I donít know if there is room for him on a team that intends on going for it. I donít see him do anything a 16 year old canít do.

Both goalies played very well.

The Dogs are going to a fast team.

Thorold arena has always been one of my least favourite in the region. Now, with the net all the way around. Just a bad barn to watch a game.

Good on the young pups playing head to head with the Colts opening night roster.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 12:02 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

like to see them rotate games around niagara for fans....Pelham...Port Colborne...Fort Erie...Welland...
The Following User Says Thank You to the dog For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 12:04 PM

Thanked 2,654 Times in 1,453 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
like to see them rotate games around niagara for fans....Pelham...Port Colborne...Fort Erie...Welland...
It is in their constitution, people in St. Catharines are only permitted to travel as far south as Thorold, lest there be dragons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 12:09 PM
1st Line

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
When did they say that? I doubt heís going anywhere
I want to say in the first or second period.

They said something like "I hope we get to see him develop here."
Old 09-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I want to say in the first or second period.

They said something like "I hope we get to see him develop here."
Oh ok I heard them say that just didnít realize who they were talking about
Old 09-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,124 Times in 1,022 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Iím sure the Dogs wouldnít entertain the thought of moving him if they had some second round picks to trade instead. Oh, I donít know maybe around 3 second round picks would buy a star player. Wish we had an extra three 2nd round picks.
I was originally against the trade for Sam Miletic for that exact reason, but to be fair, it will actually have little impact on the IceDogs ability to go for it this year.

In retrospect, that trade only showcased (again) what a smart and astute GM Joey Burke is. He knew what he was doing - Joey mentioned this new rule change almost immediately after the trade.

Sam Miletic was one of the top players in the OHL last year, he made the IceDog a much better team, help the Ice Dogs close out the season with 7 wins, win a playoff series and give the OHL champions all they could handle in round two - and he was an elite talent that Ice Dog fans could watch on a regular basis -
Ė all that in exchange for only 1 second round asset that he could use in his ďgo for itĒ year.

Trade Break Down:

2018 - 2nd (Panwar) was swapped for a 2018 3rd (Halliday). So that 2nd is irrelevant this year, for obvious reasons, but also 2nd round players cannot be trade in their first year anyways. So that pick does not factor into this year. If it were a 2019 2nd, that would have been different.

2024 - 2nd is the only lost asset.

2025 - 2nd cannot be used with the new OHL rules.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 09-01-2018, 02:10 PM
Top Prospect

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Then the guy they get back for him better be very very very good.