Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,786    Downloads: 1,727,287   Msgs Posted: 133,653   Thread Views: 29,466,770   Online Now: 118
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-15-2020, 10:38 AM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhound View Post
This is easily the weakest Icedogs team since they came to Niagara. Couple more years of struggling to come. You can't blame a lack of talent on the coach.
Who do we blame for the lack of development? I like Junior hockey because I like to see the natural progression of the players from one year to the next. It should be interesting to see if there is any in our guys next season...hmmm
The Following User Says Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 11:34 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,236 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
I set the over under for wins with 26 games left at 2.5-3.5. They won their first game after that followed by 11 loses in a row. IMO if they don't win both North Bay games they're going under both numbers.

I don't see how they're going to get a first rounder or a decent import to report without making a change behind the bench at this point.

The prized deadline pickup Butler who IMO has the tools to be very good is a minus 31 in 21 games since going +4 against the Dogs while still with the Pete's. He may very well win the green jacket.

It's a surprise when they actually show up and give the other team a game like last night. To be frank I show up expecting a **** show.

Why Lodnia is still on this roster is as baffling as why Sam Miletic was 2 years ago? The kid is an absolute stud and it's a shame he isn't chasing a cup instead of trying to will this awful team towards an inevitable first round pounding.

Quite frankly I think Lodnia wants to get out of the OHL ASAP and get back to the AHL ASAP to earn some $ and that is why he is here. That is the only rationale explanation for him staying in a losing situation. Talk about selfish .... I used to really like his game but (guessing he didn?t waive his NTC) I think a lot differently of him now ...

As far as why Militec was on this roster a couple of years ago lol I think everyone knows my thoughts on that.

And to whomever said this before they may be on to something ... and THAT might be the only way we see a coaching change behind the bench ... if top players start refusing to report because of the person currently filling the role as head coach, and if word of that filters back to Daddy, I think THAT is how a change might be made behind the bench ... otherwise we are stuck with the genius boy wonder who loses his mind every other game against the officials ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 11:34 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,236 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
This is easily the weakest Icedogs team since they came to Niagara. Couple more years of struggling to come. You can't blame a lack of talent on the coach.

No but you can blame a lack of effort and a lack of structure and a lack of defensive play on the coach.

They always say you can?t teach talent but you can teach defense ...

Old 02-15-2020, 11:52 AM

Thanked 3,555 Times in 1,955 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
You can blame a lack of "system" on the coach.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 11:56 AM

Thanked 3,555 Times in 1,955 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Quite frankly I think Lodnia wants to get out of the OHL ASAP and get back to the AHL ASAP to earn some $ and that is why he is here. That is the only rationale explanation for him staying in a losing situation. Talk about selfish .... I used to really like his game but (guessing he didn?t waive his NTC) I think a lot differently of him now ...

As far as why Militec was on this roster a couple of years ago lol I think everyone knows my thoughts on that.

And to whomever said this before they may be on to something ... and THAT might be the only way we see a coaching change behind the bench ... if top players start refusing to report because of the person currently filling the role as head coach, and if word of that filters back to Daddy, I think THAT is how a change might be made behind the bench ... otherwise we are stuck with the genius boy wonder who loses his mind every other game against the officials ...

It's also possible the team didn't offer him for trade, that they needed a star player to keep every game from being a show. Perhaps they felt they could still field a working team with their remaining OAs anchored around Lodnia and he had nothing to say about the issue?
Old 02-15-2020, 03:01 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of

I wouldn't care if the Owners gave their two son's well paying jobs & bogus job titles within the organization but to give them such crucial jobs as head coach and GM of an OHL franchise is not a good idea. So far it has been a disaster and I don't see things getting better... I fear players not wanting to come to Niagara because of poor player development. I also fear we are stuck with the two boys running the ship regardless of poor results and with no accountability. ...oh ya no 1st rd pick next year when we will be a bottom feeder team again, who's fault for having no 1st rounder in 2021 ??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thunder Hawk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 03:07 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
oh ya no 1st rd pick next year when we will be a bottom feeder team again, who's fault for having no 1st rounder in 2021 ??
How can you possibly know how good or bad our team will be next season?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 03:08 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
I wouldn't care if the Owners gave their two son's well paying jobs & bogus job titles within the organization but to give them such crucial jobs as head coach and GM of an OHL franchise is not a good idea. So far it has been a disaster and I don't see things getting better... I fear players not wanting to come to Niagara because of poor player development. I also fear we are stuck with the two boys running the ship regardless of poor results and with no accountability. ...oh ya no 1st rd pick next year when we will be a bottom feeder team again, who's fault for having no 1st rounder in 2021 ??
They should do what's best for the players development. ...and sell the team...especially if they are not going to upgrade at the Head Coach position...preferably before the draft....of course I know this will never happen...wishful thinking on my part lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chipperdog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 03:14 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Really, fire the coach or sell the team?

We all predicted we would tank this year to get our picks back.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dogs Enthusiast 104 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2020, 03:17 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Really, fire the coach or sell the team?

We all predicted we would tank this year to get our picks back.
Yeah....ownership needs to do what's best for the team...not their kids....other people's kids.