Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,790    Downloads: 1,788,702   Msgs Posted: 134,219   Thread Views: 30,733,133   Online Now: 131
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-20-2020, 09:57 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,005 Times in 656 Posts
dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!dogged74 is absolutely magnificent!
Default The Beat(ing) Goes On

I donít know about you people, but I canít stand this. I know Iím a member of Tank Nation, but, boy is this difficult to put up with. Iíve lost count of how many losses this is in a row, and stupid North Bay is just not playing ball. They apparently have the same plan we do. This is a huge gamble. This had better work. Is it possible that Billy knows of the ĎFail for Nailí, or ĎLose for Hughesí- type plan, and thatís why heís been coaching the way he is? What if next season is just like this one? Could the Dogs have another miserable season like this again next year, and have multiple 15-20 game losing streaks?
Would you sign up for tickets to watch this?
Old 02-20-2020, 10:25 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I donít know about you people, but I canít stand this. I know Iím a member of Tank Nation, but, boy is this difficult to put up with. Iíve lost count of how many losses this is in a row, and stupid North Bay is just not playing ball. They apparently have the same plan we do. This is a huge gamble. This had better work. Is it possible that Billy knows of the ĎFail for Nailí, or ĎLose for Hughesí- type plan, and thatís why heís been coaching the way he is? What if next season is just like this one? Could the Dogs have another miserable season like this again next year, and have multiple 15-20 game losing streaks?
Would you sign up for tickets to watch this?
I can stand it cause i donít want to make the playoffs and get a top 2 pick and unfortunately this is the only way it happens with the way Kingston has been playing. North bay seems to be playing ball somewhat 2 game win streak 8 points back. Everything is a gamble in a draft unless you get the #1 pick and heís a kid like Byfield or McDavid. Itís possible billy knows the plan but itís more likely the players just arenít good enough. I doubt next year is as bad as this year normally teams that rebuild are better year 2 but I guess they could be worse or the same cause itís happened before. As for if I would buy tickets of course I would cause Iím a hockey fan and enjoy the nights out even if we arenít playing well
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2020, 10:29 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,175 Times in 807 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Tonight wasn’t a bad effort against the hottest team in the Leauge.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:46 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,244 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

I will still get my season ticket ... I like where I sit and I only go to 20 games a year anyways.

I expect next year to be worse than this year ... next years team will not have a Lodnia Thomas Tomasino Sopa to carry us till the all star break ... we will have the same clown behind the bench and our OA class is weak ... question mark remains in goal too

We won?t have a first rounder in possibly our worst year ever ... sigh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2020, 09:20 AM
1st Line

TwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond reputeTwoPadStack has a reputation beyond repute

Expectations and junior hockey...those two don't mix together very well. We EXPECT that if we get the top draft pick, that person will be the next McDavid. Meanwhile, that person could go at pick#3 or not show that year at all.

Did we EXPECT to have our starting goalie get suspended for 5 games at the beginning of the season? Did we then expect our unknown rookie backup to come in and rise to become one of the CHL's top rookie players? Did we then expect to lose him for the season due to a tragic on-ice accident?

Our expectations leave plenty of gaps for surprises, both good and bad. Too many variables for me to emphatically state what will happen next year; so I'm not ruling out the surprises.

Last edited by TwoPadStack; 02-21-2020 at 09:32 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TwoPadStack For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2020, 09:38 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,860 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Expectations and junior hockey...those two don't mix together very well. We EXPECT that if we get the top draft pick, that person will be the next McDavid. Meanwhile, that person could go at pick#3 or not show that year at all.

Did we EXPECT to have our starting goalie get suspended for 5 games at the beginning of the season? Did we then expect our unknown rookie backup to come in and rise to become one of the CHL's top rookie players? Did we then expect to lose him for the season due to a tragic on-ice accident?

Our expectations leave plenty of gaps for surprises, both good and bad. Too many variables for me to emphatically state what will happen next year; so I'm not ruling out the surprises.
Along with surprises, there is the predictable steps associated with a rebuild in junior hockey. A perfect example is the defending OHL champions Guelph.

Guelph began their rebuild in 2015-2016 with a 13 win season, followed by a 21 win season, then a 30 win season - each year adding and subtracting to their young core - until eventually going all in to win an OHL championship in the 2018-2019 season.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:24 AM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Along with surprises, there is the predictable steps associated with a rebuild in junior hockey. A perfect example is the defending OHL champions Guelph.

Guelph began their rebuild in 2015-2016 with a 13 win season, followed by a 21 win season, then a 30 win season - each year adding and subtracting to their young core - until eventually going all in to win an OHL championship in the 2018-2019 season.
Again look at who is coaching Guelph. Ex- NHL coach George Burnett. Does anyone actually believe that Billy could have accomplished what Burnett did with that same team being Down 3-0 in the series to London and win the next two rounds and make it to the memorial Cup ?

Last edited by Thunder Hawk; 02-21-2020 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-21-2020, 10:48 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,656 Times in 1,860 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
Again look at who is coaching Guelph. Ex- NHL coach George Burnett. Does anyone actually believe that Billy could have accomplished what Burnett did with that same team being Down 3-0 in the series to London and win the next two rounds and up in the memorial Cup ?
Jarrad Skalde started Guelph’s rebuild and Burnett finished it. However, having said that, I don’t believe the need for a coaching change is in question by the fans on this site. If there is to be one (and there may very well be one), a reshuffling of the deck wouldn’t be announced until probably April some time.

At this point, we need to be patient and see what unfolds in the coming months

Last edited by Blacksox; 02-21-2020 at 11:03 AM.
Old 02-21-2020, 12:09 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Jarrad Skalde started Guelphís rebuild and Burnett finished it. However, having said that, I donít believe the need for a coaching change is in question by the fans on this site. If there is to be one (and there may very well be one), a reshuffling of the deck wouldnít be announced until probably April some time.

At this point, we need to be patient and see what unfolds in the coming months

In order for a coaching change I think Joey would have to be extremely unhappy with the season and I honestly donít think he is if this was next year maybe
Old 02-21-2020, 05:59 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Tonight wasnít a bad effort against the hottest team in the Leauge.
We don't have the talent and roster depth. That is what is killing us.

What I see happening right now. They are playing not to lose too bad. Its like they are ok losing by 3 goals and play towards that target. They don't want the other team to get to double digit goals scored on them. It just sucks.