Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,786    Downloads: 1,725,923   Msgs Posted: 133,443   Thread Views: 29,403,738   Online Now: 121
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21  
Old 02-22-2020, 10:18 AM
hockey123's Avatar
hockey123 hockey123 is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Section C
Posts: 3,403
Thanks: 439
Thanked 3,182 Times in 1,478 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
And Cato has not exactly been very good ... I have not been terribly impressed with him ... considering we gave up a 4th 3rd and a 3rd to draft him ... I said at the time that was an overpayment and it is looking like it was ...




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In his defense it's really hard to judge a 16 year old playing on a team that is chasing the puck for the better part of every game. At the end of the day if 2 years down the line they can trade him for more than what they gave up it's a good trade.

It's really difficult to see much improvement in most of the young players to be honest. I was hoping that after the trades we'd see one or 2 really step their game up but so far it's just more of the same. They'd better have a good draft and import pick because right now there's little to get excited about.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-22-2020, 10:30 AM
hockey123's Avatar
hockey123 hockey123 is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Section C
Posts: 3,403
Thanks: 439
Thanked 3,182 Times in 1,478 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Don't look now but the Dogs have a few players in the hunt for the dubious green jacket.


Peters is the clubhouse leader at -37. Bulter has been absolutely ripping it up on the back 9 and sits just 3 shots off the lead at -36. Bruder -32 and Roberts -29 are still in the hunt.

The Dogs as a team are looking like they many finish last in goals for and goals against.

Last edited by hockey123; 02-22-2020 at 10:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-22-2020, 10:44 AM
strohs's Avatar
strohs strohs is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 4,472
Thanks: 143
Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,231 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
In his defense it's really hard to judge a 16 year old playing on a team that is chasing the puck for the better part of every game. At the end of the day if 2 years down the line they can trade him for more than what they gave up it's a good trade.



It's really difficult to see much improvement in most of the young players to be honest. I was hoping that after the trades we'd see one or 2 really step their game up but so far it's just more of the same. They'd better have a good draft and import pick because right now there's little to get excited about.


I agree it?s hard to judge... next year the proof will be in the pudding ...

But at this point in time it is looking like a huge overpay to acquire that pick

In our last MAJOR rebuild at least we had a 16 yo budding Ryan Strome to watch develop ... I liked him as soon as we traded for him and he did not disappoint ... there is nothing like him on this roster to get excited about ... Tynan would have been worth this suffering to watch if he didn?t get hurt ...

Butler to me was horribly disappointing last game ... I?ll be watching him closely the next few games to see if that game was just an anomaly


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-22-2020, 11:37 AM
hockey123's Avatar
hockey123 hockey123 is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Section C
Posts: 3,403
Thanks: 439
Thanked 3,182 Times in 1,478 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I agree it?s hard to judge... next year the proof will be in the pudding ...

But at this point in time it is looking like a huge overpay to acquire that pick

In our last MAJOR rebuild at least we had a 16 yo budding Ryan Strome to watch develop ... I liked him as soon as we traded for him and he did not disappoint ... there is nothing like him on this roster to get excited about ... Tynan would have been worth this suffering to watch if he didn?t get hurt ...

Butler to me was horribly disappointing last game ... I?ll be watching him closely the next few games to see if that game was just an anomaly


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd like to see them give Bulter a good try at centre. He's big and can skate and it would get him thinking of something besides just scoring. Right now he's looking to get his shot off and doing almost nothing else. You'd think he'd be trying to get drafted.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
  #25  
Old 02-22-2020, 11:41 AM
Thunder Hawk Thunder Hawk is offline
2nd Line
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 543
Thanks: 213
Thanked 265 Times in 145 Posts
Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of
Default

The Dogs lack high end talent to build around, specifically 1st rd talent. They traded 00 1st rd Thomas but never got a 1st rd 03 in return ( received 02 2nd Butler). Traded 01 1st rd Tomasino but no 1st rd 03 in return (ton of picks) . Traded 02 1st rd Moore and have no 1st rd pick in 2021. ...This equals no 1st rd players on the roster for 4/6 of the six years.. 00,01,02,05
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Thunder Hawk For This Useful Post:
  #26  
Old 02-22-2020, 11:51 AM
Thunder Hawk Thunder Hawk is offline
2nd Line
 

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 543
Thanks: 213
Thanked 265 Times in 145 Posts
Thunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud ofThunder Hawk has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
The Dogs lack high end talent to build around, specifically 1st rd talent. They traded 00 1st rd Thomas but never got a 1st rd 03 in return ( received 02 2nd Butler). Traded 01 1st rd Tomasino but no 1st rd 03 in return (ton of picks) . Traded 02 1st rd Moore and have no 1st rd pick in 2021. ...This equals no 1st rd players on the roster for 4/6 of the six years.. 00,01,02,05
***no 1st rd players from the draft years of 00, 01, 02, 05
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-22-2020, 11:55 AM
dogs777 dogs777 is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3,740
Thanks: 2,188
Thanked 848 Times in 677 Posts
dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
I'd like to see them give Bulter a good try at centre. He's big and can skate and it would get him thinking of something besides just scoring. Right now he's looking to get his shot off and doing almost nothing else. You'd think he'd be trying to get drafted.
If a team was/is going to draft him it would be for his size skating and shooting ability. So I think hes focusing on the right thing
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-22-2020, 12:01 PM
Blacksox's Avatar
Blacksox Blacksox is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 3,669
Thanks: 1,429
Thanked 3,557 Times in 1,801 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
I'd like to see them give Bulter a good try at centre. He's big and can skate and it would get him thinking of something besides just scoring. Right now he's looking to get his shot off and doing almost nothing else. You'd think he'd be trying to get drafted.
And I would really like to see them pair Butler up with Lodnia. That would allow him to be on a line that can carry the play on the majority of their shifts. Very surprised they have not done that even once during this tailspin.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-22-2020, 01:46 PM
strohs's Avatar
strohs strohs is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: St. Catharines
Posts: 4,472
Thanks: 143
Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,231 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
The Dogs lack high end talent to build around, specifically 1st rd talent. They traded 00 1st rd Thomas but never got a 1st rd 03 in return ( received 02 2nd Butler). Traded 01 1st rd Tomasino but no 1st rd 03 in return (ton of picks) . Traded 02 1st rd Moore and have no 1st rd pick in 2021. ...This equals no 1st rd players on the roster for 4/6 of the six years.. 00,01,02,05


Great analysis

Making this situation even more depressing

Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-22-2020, 02:29 PM
NiceDawg's Avatar
NiceDawg NiceDawg is offline
Moderator
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,661
Thanks: 1,478
Thanked 3,550 Times in 1,951 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
And I would really like to see them pair Butler up with Lodnia. That would allow him to be on a line that can carry the play on the majority of their shifts. Very surprised they have not done that even once during this tailspin.
They did pair Butler with Lodnia and Castle when he first arrived. Seemed to work as well, I noticed some early chemistry - so of course in a typical Marty-move back the numbers went into the bingo ball line combination machine.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2019