Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,786    Downloads: 1,725,923   Msgs Posted: 133,443   Thread Views: 29,403,738   Online Now: 121
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-22-2020, 04:46 PM
Big League

bulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond reputebulldog has a reputation beyond repute

I must have posted this in the wrong place, I will try here. Last night Kingston beat Oshawa, Dogs are now out of the playoffs.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:01 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

I posted this on June 4. I guess my concern came true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I am just hoping we are competitive most games. My concern is we will get blown away a lot which makes for a not so fun night of IceDogs hockey.
And I will make another prediction. Next year we miss the playoffs again.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 02-22-2020 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:13 PM
2nd Line

5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members5 for fighting is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I agree with you that they overpaid for Cato. And I was hoping for more. Next year will be the year for me to judge his talent.
Back in May, both myself and Strohs were telling everyone that our young defencemen will struggle their first year while a lot of posters thought they would be stud defencemen right away. Here is my post from May 30:

Quote:
Most 1st year defencemen struggle. Remember Billy Constantinou. Great defenceman now but had an error filled rookie season. It’s very difficult to be playing with kids the same age as you your whole life and then suddenly to be playing in front of thousands of fans playing against players up to 4 years older than you are.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 02-22-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,033 Times in 1,288 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Back in May, both myself and Strohs were telling everyone that our young defencemen will struggle their first year while a lot of posters thought they would be stud defencemen right away. Here is my post from May 30:
As I wrote previously, we will find out next season about Cato and if he was worth the picks. Time will tell.
Old 02-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,557 Times in 1,801 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
They did pair Butler with Lodnia and Castle when he first arrived. Seemed to work as well, I noticed some early chemistry - so of course in a typical Marty-move back the numbers went into the bingo ball line combination machine.

I don't understand why they never paired the two up together after they looked good in the first game. Especially, when you consider this is Cam Butler draft year and Lodnia has proven he can elevate the level of play of his teammates. Strange!

#promoteBB
Old 02-22-2020, 06:28 PM

Thanked 3,550 Times in 1,951 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post

I don't understand why they never paired the two up together after they looked good in the first game. Especially, when you consider this is Cam Butler draft year and Lodnia has proven he can elevate the level of play of his teammates. Strange!

#promoteBB
They should have, if their intent was to win more.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2020, 07:37 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,182 Times in 1,478 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
If a team was/is going to draft him it would be for his size skating and shooting ability. So I think hes focusing on the right thing
He's getting outscored at a historically dismal pace, if that's him trying to get drafted he's failing mightily. Maybe try hitting a few people and getting pucks out and pucks deep. He has the tools to be a good player but needs to play a much harder game.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:39 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,231 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:

I?ve been saying this for a while

IMO Next years team will be worse than this years team ... hope I?m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-22-2020, 11:37 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

If the Dogs hit on their draft picks, and score themselves a head-turning superstar with their first pick, that’s a start. That’s a starting point. As of right now, the Dogs don’t even have that.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:28 PM
3rd Line

OlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura aboutOlDawg has a spectacular aura about
Default Next year encore...

Quote:

We have no 1st rounder here. Oh my...

Does it seem we have been short sighted once more? Rookie mistakes surface again?