Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,787    Downloads: 1,727,812   Msgs Posted: 133,689   Thread Views: 29,490,283   Online Now: 96
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 03-11-2020, 09:54 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,082 Times in 1,298 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Thank you and I would assume that home game would go to the team with the most wins?
1) The team with the most number of wins (excluding shootout wins) during the regular season shall be declared higher in the standings.

2) If two teams are still tied, the team with the best record in head-to-head competition (based on points including overtime and shootout losses) shall be declared higher in the standings. If more than two teams are tied after the first tie-breaker, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other shall be used to determine the standing.

3) If still tied, the team with the greater differential between goals scored for and against by clubs having equal standing after the second tie-breaker shall be declared higher in the standings
Old 03-11-2020, 10:03 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,594 Times in 1,824 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
First tiebreaker, whether it be for 9th or 10th or Home Ice in the Tiebreaker game is WINS (regulation and overtime)

Currently,...

North Bay - 17 W

Kingston - 16 W

Niagara - 15 W
Update? Nothing has changed in a month

I doubt we get past or even to the first tiebreaker but ...Head to Head: Niagara 5pts vs Kingston 4pts. That’s not good.

Last edited by Blacksox; 03-11-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-11-2020, 10:08 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,082 Times in 1,298 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Update? Nothing has changed in a month

I doubt we get past or even to the first tiebreaker but ...Head to Head: Niagara 5pts vs Kingston 4pts. Thatís not good.

Why? The Dogs have lost 11 in a row at home, it's not like it's an advantage.
Old 03-11-2020, 12:11 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,294 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Still not sure,
Old 03-11-2020, 02:04 PM
2nd Line

slamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond reputeslamr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Still not sure,
I was informed by someone who accessed the league rules...if 2 teams are tied for the 8th (final) playoff spot, there will be a one game playoff to determine the team that advances. Head to head records do not count in this instance.
Home ice for that game will be decided by a coin flip.
All other placings in the standings are basically decided by what you've read by previous posters here.

This is what I'm going to believe.
So if this is correct and we are tied in points with Kingston, we will have to play one more game against them. If both are trying to tank, that would make for an interesting game.

I have no idea what would happen if 3 teams are tied for 8th place.
Old 03-11-2020, 02:07 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamr View Post
I was informed by someone who accessed the league rules...if 2 teams are tied for the 8th (final) playoff spot, there will be a one game playoff to determine the team that advances. Head to head records do not count in this instance.
Home ice for that game will be decided by a coin flip.
All other placings in the standings are basically decided by what you've read by previous posters here.

This is what I'm going to believe.
So if this is correct and we are tied in points with Kingston, we will have to play one more game against them. If both are trying to tank, that would make for an interesting game.

I have no idea what would happen if 3 teams are tied for 8th place.
I donít think Kingston is trying to tank they would want to make the playoffs with Shane Wright unless they could get fantilli to report there