Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,786    Downloads: 1,725,942   Msgs Posted: 133,443   Thread Views: 29,404,684   Online Now: 93
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related

Notices

General Chit Chat - Sports or Niagara related General sports talk or any discussions about topics within the Niagara Region

Old 03-12-2020, 08:11 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,073 Times in 1,295 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!
Default COVID-19

With the NBA shutting down, the NHL can't/won't be far behind. How long before the OHL has no choice but to do the same? One has to wonder if they wouldn't even play the rest of the regular season.

I'm surprised that the CHL/OHL or the Dogs themselves haven't made a statement on what the plans are.
Old 03-12-2020, 08:33 AM
Top Prospect

the dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond reputethe dog has a reputation beyond repute

The western hockey league's Everett Silvertips announced they will play their final regular season home game without fans
Old 03-12-2020, 08:46 AM
Resident OHL Expert

fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dog View Post
The western hockey league's Everett Silvertips announced they will play their final regular season home game without fans
That was mandated by the government there.

https://everettsilvertips.com/articl...inslee-tickets
Old 03-12-2020, 08:46 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
With the NBA shutting down, the NHL can't/won't be far behind. How long before the OHL has no choice but to do the same? One has to wonder if they wouldn't even play the rest of the regular season.

I'm surprised that the CHL/OHL or the Dogs themselves haven't made a statement on what the plans are.
I wondered what would happen with the CHL after I saw what happened with NBA and what the NHL said. I think the CHL could last the weekend but at this rate I don’t think they’ll be finishing the season
Old 03-12-2020, 09:18 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I wondered what would happen with the CHL after I saw what happened with NBA and what the NHL said. I think the CHL could last the weekend but at this rate I don’t think they’ll be finishing the season
I'm thinking the NHL will shut-down later today and the CHL will follow suit quickly after. I don't know how they can't.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:54 AM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post

Could this keep the IceDogs playoff streak in tact?
Old 03-12-2020, 10:12 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,033 Times in 1,288 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Just read this on Twitter from Sportsnet...

Sportsnet
@Sportsnet
·
58s
NHL teams have been advised not to hold morning skates, practices or team meetings Thursday.
Old 03-12-2020, 11:21 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,152 Times in 791 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Just read they are going to release a statement later today will not be surprised to see a suspension or cancellation
Old 03-12-2020, 11:26 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Just read they are going to release a statement later today will not be surprised to see a suspension or cancellation
I wonder if they canceled the season what that would mean for the draft probably decided on win %
Old 03-12-2020, 11:38 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,033 Times in 1,288 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

From Twitter..... a moment ago....

HockeyProspect.com Retweeted
CanadianHockeyLeague
@CHLHockey
·
12m
#CHL President Dan MacKenzie and the three regional league Commissioners David Branch, Gilles Courteau, and Ron Robison are meeting today to evaluate next steps for the league and teams in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Further updates will be provided at the appropriate time.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post: