Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,389    Downloads: 1,093,305   Msgs Posted: 119,926   Thread Views: 20,553,014   Online Now: 70
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:42 AM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoy watching Millitic play they did not empty the picks and I am sure they will win round one and who knows
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 11:43 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you sure of that, 3 Dog?
Old 02-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,501 Times in 824 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
I slipped on the walkway to my garage this morning. As I lay on the icy ground, staring up towards the deep blue morning sky, I raised my fist towards the heavens above, shook it violently in defiance and screamed "MILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETEC!!!!!!!"

HAHAHAHA

That’s hilarious !

😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-13-2018, 12:21 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
What makes you sure of that, 3 Dog?
I think North Bay have peaked and will not have much left for the playoffs Missy showing signs of slipping a bit Ottawa goaltending might not be good enough and Oshawa sometimes have troubles with consistent scoring.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:47 PM
Big League

dogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other membersdogs777 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
I think North Bay have peaked and will not have much left for the playoffs Missy showing signs of slipping a bit Ottawa goaltending might not be good enough and Oshawa sometimes have troubles with consistent scoring.
If I had to put money on it I think we are getting Oshawa because I think they are the most consistent in all the inconsistent team behind the dogs
Old 02-13-2018, 01:52 PM

Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,477 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
Boy are the fans here ever critical. I think all of us would have been happy if we were promised this record and this excitement at the beginning of the year. Next year looks even better - no chance Dillion gets a pro contract so he will be be back and I know Joey and the scouting staff will find a top forward to play with Akil (if he does not stay ion the NHL next year).
My thoughts exactly... I figured 5th place and we are currently sitting in 4th. September NiceDawg is overjoyed.

Where I think fans start getting down on the team is when they see those flashes of brilliance (which make you think they are unstoppable) or a preponderance of really stupid moves (which everyone believes the team should be above). They want more of the good and less of the bad
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 02:11 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,360 Times in 823 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

From day one, my prediction was 5th in the East and the season coming to an end in the second round.

They are however frustrating to watch at times and keep having to remind myself that they are not as good as I wish them to be.

It would have been a much nicer drive home yesterday morning had we had 3 points in our pockets.

Due to the freezing rain warnings here in Niagara, we decided to stay in Windsor Sunday night and came home yesterday.

Our boys do however consistantly want to make those damned fancy plays instead of using the golden rule of hockey being "Keep it simple, stupid"

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 02-13-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:16 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,030 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Everyone of those can be used as descriptions of the IceDogs.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 04:26 PM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post

Where I think fans start getting down on the team is when they see those flashes of brilliance (which make you think they are unstoppable) or a preponderance of really stupid moves (which everyone believes the team should be above). They want more of the good and less of the bad
Were we not saying this two years ago? What team showed up come playoff time? I'm with you, not a terrible year thus far and I am certainly not ready to write these boys off as a quick playoff exit, yet.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-13-2018, 06:28 PM

Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,477 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aircanuck View Post
Were we not saying this two years ago? What team showed up come playoff time? I'm with you, not a terrible year thus far and I am certainly not ready to write these boys off as a quick playoff exit, yet.
Totally different animal two years ago. That team was supposed to win it all but suffered from "Jekyll and Hyde-itis". There was no shortage of talent just an "Lack-a-wanna" (RIP Irv Weinstein, Boxing Day 2017). This year's team was expected to finish middle of the Conference by most of us, and they are. While we see glimpses of the team that may come to be next year, selfishly we would all like to see them this year, and perhaps that was the sentiment that brought a Miletic-caliber player in a year early.

I think this team could and probably should take a first round in the playoffs, but with Junior Hockey, that means they also have a 49% chance of either surpassing those expectations or totally missing them.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post: