Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 1,000,942   Msgs Posted: 118,491   Thread Views: 19,583,811   Online Now: 70
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-17-2017, 08:53 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,308 Times in 787 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!
Default Time to grade Niagara at the half way mark?

We are 2 games away from the actual mid point of the schedule and with nothing going on for two weeks.... h....
This might be a good time to grade our team as a whole, from say A+ to F if we desire.

Niagara has played 32 games, with a record of 16 wins..... 11 losses...... 3 OTL's.......2 SOL's ; for 37 points.

We are 4th in the Eastern Conference and 11th Overall in the OHL

We are 3 points behind Kingston who have 40 points and we have one game in hand on them.

We are 4 points ahead of Ottawa who have 33 points and we have two games in hand.

We are 5 points ahead of Peterborough who have 32 points and we have one game in hand.

This team still has a lot of growing to do but, so far, they are better than I thought they would be..

I am giving our team a score of B-

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 12-17-2017 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake again
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2017, 09:19 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

With all.things considered, I'm giving them a B-
Old 12-17-2017, 09:50 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

With 2 games before the official halfway point the team could still get halfway to Billy’s prediction at least points wise so B+
Old 12-17-2017, 10:02 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
With 2 games before the official halfway point the team could still get halfway to Billy’s prediction at least points wise so B+
I would agree with your grade if it wasn't for the fact that they have had too many games that they decided not to show up and the pathetic power play loses them some marks as well
Old 12-17-2017, 10:04 PM
1st Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
We are 2 games away from the actual mid point of the schedule and with nothing going on for two weeks.... h....
This might be a good time to grade our team as a whole, from say A+ to F if we desire.

Niagara has played 32 games, with a record of 16 wins..... 11 losses...... 3 OTL's.......2 SOL's ; for 37 points.

We are 4th in the Eastern Conference and 11th Overall in the OHL

We are 3 points behind Kingston who have 40 points and we have one game in hand on them.

We are 4 points ahead of Ottawa who have 33 points and we have two games in hand.

We are 5 points ahead of Peterborough who have 32 points and we have one game in hand.

This team still has a lot of growing to do but, so far, they are better than I thought they would be..

I am giving our team a score of B-
Am I wrong in thinking or saying we're actually 16-16? 11 regulation losses, 3 overtime losses and 2 shootout losses adds up to 16 losses. We're a .500 team. With that being said I still like that we're in 4th place in the East ( a lot higher than I predicted) but there is still 36 games left in the regular season time will tell. I say C+ or B- as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to 123 G! For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2017, 10:54 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Am I wrong in thinking or saying we're actually 16-16? 11 regulation losses, 3 overtime losses and 2 shootout losses adds up to 16 losses. We're a .500 team. With that being said I still like that we're in 4th place in the East ( a lot higher than I predicted) but there is still 36 games left in the regular season time will tell. I say C+ or B- as well.
Nope because the five extra time looses will be ties if they go with the old system it will be 14 11 7.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:05 AM
3rd Line

louie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nicelouie dogg is just really nice

Quote:
I agree...B- at best.....too many of the other column games were just because of irresponsible play and lack of effort.Most of these could very well ended up in the W column ,with just a little bit extra effort.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:14 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,073 Times in 992 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

The league average is 36 points or .562 Win %.

A letter grade of C or C+ would be a .500 record (32 points).

A letter grade of B- would be a team slightly below the league average of .562 (36 points).

Since the Ice Dogs are slightly above the league average .578 (37 points), my letter grade is a B.

For a team most expected a .500 record from, the Ice Dogs are significantly above expectations:
<> 4th in the East (4 points ahead of Ottawa and 2 fewer games played).
<> Surprisingly, 8th in the OHL (Win %).

Go Dogs!
Old 12-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,395 Times in 988 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
If you didn't win, you lost. They've taken to the ice 32 times, won 16 and lost 16. That's .500 in my books. (Don't care about loser points, that's why more than half the league would be above .500)

Being in 11th place in the league pretty much solidifies that. Win half your games, be half way up the standings.

Either way they have a better record than I predicted. Still don't think there is enough talent to make noise this year or win a championship next. But, the first half was better than I expected.

Goaltending: A
Defence: B-
Offence: C
PP: D
PK: B+
Lineup management: D (for the simple fact that #67 is getting ice, when #68 sits in the stands)

Overall: B-

Last edited by fishfan51; 12-18-2017 at 10:41 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2017, 11:28 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,073 Times in 992 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Including OT loses, actually brings up another interesting stats.

There are only 7 teams with fewer losses than Niagara:
SSM 8.
Sarnia 10.
Barrie 12.
Kingston 13.
Kitchener 13.
Windsor 14.
Saginaw 15
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post: