Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,260    Downloads: 849,557   Msgs Posted: 115,238   Thread Views: 17,415,333   Online Now: 76
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:32 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
I would agree with your grade if it wasn't for the fact that they have had too many games that they decided not to show up and the pathetic power play loses them some marks as well
Yes I get the not showing up part but a lot of PPs look like ours which is why I don’t really consider it
Old 12-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,176 Times in 699 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I hate the loser points with a passion and I would love to see the league go back to old school ways.
2 points for a win
I point each for a tie game
0 points for a loss.
Old 12-18-2017, 01:31 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,738 Times in 827 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
I hate the loser points with a passion and I would love to see the league go back to old school ways.
2 points for a win
I point each for a tie game
0 points for a loss.
That system was much better. Even SSM has used 3 on 3 OT hockey to win an additional 7 games this year.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2017, 02:09 PM
Top Prospect

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Including OT losses in a team’s win-loss record is misleading and unfair. The current OT is gimmicky - in that it is 3 on 3 hockey and you never see that during a game. The last time I saw it was during an Oilers game in the 80s.
Old 12-18-2017, 03:22 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,176 Times in 699 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I really liked what fishfan wrote in #9 as I agreed with him on all points.

I think that we have sort of highjacked this thread even though we had good points but we should get back to the grading of our beloved team. LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2017, 04:40 PM
2nd Line

Red is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to behold

Red's Report Card:

Goaltending: A-
Defense: B+
Offense: C+
Coaching: B+
Drafting: A
Overage Additions: F
Rebuild Status: A
Overall Performance: B+

Attendance: still working on showing up for 60 minutes a game consistently.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:07 PM
Top Prospect

Using a combined Red/ff51 report card template.

Goaltending: A-
Defence: B
Offence: C
PP: C-
PK: B+
Coaching: B+
Drafting: A
Overage Additions: F
Rebuild Status: A
Attendance (Taking a different angle Red): We’ve been really good this year! 3rd or 4th in the OHL!
Lineup management: D (agree with ff51 – “for the simple fact that #67 is getting ice, when #68 sits in the stands”)

Overall Performance: B
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2017, 10:14 PM
2nd Line

Red is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to behold

I was judging the team not the fans, but here goes.

Attendance: A+ we rock
Tolerance for rebuild: C- we haven't figure the concept out
Spirit: A+ we rock
Ability to complain: A+
Ability to throw coaches under the bus: A+
Ability to tolerate slackers: D- (sorry Shankar we try)
Old 12-23-2017, 04:34 PM
2nd Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

Overall team performance: B

INDIVIDUAL:

Most impressive:
-Lochead
-Billy C.
-Tomasino
-Maksimov
-Johnson

Most unimpressive:
-Shankar
-Castleman
-Phillip
-Corneil
Old 12-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Overall team performance: B

INDIVIDUAL:
Most unimpressive:
-Shankar
-Castleman
-Phillip
-Corneil
I liked your impressive list but everyone after Shankar I disagree with. Where's Thomas? He's the superstar but can't seem to find the back of the net. Ollie MattP and Johnny are the workhorses of the team, if they got credit for as many second assists as Akil they look unstoppable.