Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 907,309   Msgs Posted: 117,865   Thread Views: 18,610,896   Online Now: 84
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:37 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
I liked your impressive list but everyone after Shankar I disagree with. Where's Thomas? He's the superstar but can't seem to find the back of the net. Ollie MattP and Johnny are the workhorses of the team, if they got credit for as many second assists as Akil they look unstoppable.
You must be watching tape from last season... they have all under achieved to date this season as has Thomas and Roberts... I'm also surprise that Jones was left off the impressive list
Old 12-24-2017, 01:17 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
You must be watching tape from last season... they have all under achieved to date this season as has Thomas and Roberts... I'm also surprise that Jones was left off the impressive list
Roberts has under achieved according to what exactly? Other than personal opinion because points wise heís only 5 off his best season 2 goals off his best as well
Old 12-24-2017, 07:45 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,008 Times in 954 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Coaches' Corner:

“I think there have only been two games where the guys just didn’t have the effort,” he said. “These guys aren’t million-dollar athletes. They are still students and teenagers. They go to school. As much as we expect of them, they are still teenagers. People forget that sometimes. There will be the odd night when they are just flat. Those nights have been few and far between. Most nights their heart and commitment to the team shine through. It’s a fun group to be a part of, and as a first-year head coach, I couldn’t ask for a better group of guys. They are checking their egos at the door and aren’t bickering with each other.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 11:34 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Roberts has under achieved according to what exactly? Other than personal opinion because points wise heís only 5 off his best season 2 goals off his best as well
I'd have to agree, while Roberts is guilty of turning over the puck, sometimes in absolutely glaring instances, he has been on the whole, a good addition to the team. He brings a speed, and elusiveness that we have sometimes lacked on the back end. He generally moves the puck well, and can hang on to it, he just occasionally has mental errors.
Old 12-24-2017, 11:44 AM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
I'd have to agree, while Roberts is guilty of turning over the puck, sometimes in absolutely glaring instances, he has been on the whole, a good addition to the team. He brings a speed, and elusiveness that we have sometimes lacked on the back end. He generally moves the puck well, and can hang on to it, he just occasionally has mental errors.
Everyone is guilty of those turnovers at times and thereís also times this year where you see turnovers because guys arenít moving when passes are made to them
Old 12-24-2017, 12:45 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute

This Jolly Fat Man's Naughty/Nice List.

Lochead - Nice. Ok, so it's no secret I have loved Lochead's game since he showed up, undrafted, in training camp. But... Maybe time to move him. His play is good, but we're probably witnessing his ceiling here. Might benefit from another coach, or another system.

Billy C. & Martin - Both Nice. Fun to watch, would be more than happy to see them getting into more games. However, they've talked all year about how cautious they're being with player development.

Bradey Johnson. Nice. To say I've been waiting for this season out of him would not be overstating things. Took him a while to score, but he's proving he CAN score in this league. Good hitter, hard worker, love to watch him in the corners. Would have enjoyed seeing him as more of a pure scorer like his dad, but... Zero shame in his game.

Shankar. Naughty, with a caveat. Hegets a lot of from some of y'all on this board. Some of it is deserved, some isn't. Look, the kid is quickly learning that OHL hockey is changing. So of course some of his game is going to be in flux right now, the truth is that he looks overly tentative now, where before he was just drilling guys. This was the guy voted top hitter in the league by coaches last year. That is not the player we're seeing. Not a fan of how much he's getting caught, up on the rush.

Philip - Nice. Looks a bit off from last year, but he will probably well exceed his last year's totals. No surprise. I personally thought he could score 20 this year. But. I'm probably wrong.

'Johnny Niagara' - Nice. Is having the season I thought he would. This kid is pretty much 'The Face' of the organization, there is a lot of pressure on him. Not that it's a bad thing. He'll finish the year ahead of where he was last season, though he's missed some games (only 28 of 32 games played, yet his stats are still 'on track' with last season). I think Johnny Corneil is the class of the organization, the kind of leader that will shape the on ice leadership for the next couple of seasons. You can already see the effect he's had on Ben Jones.

Roberts - Nice. Great speed, creativity, style. Coughs up the puck a bit more than I'd like to see, but... He's going to be much better in the 2nd half. No doubt in my mind.

Singer - Nice. Love his type of game. Small, but feisty. Would love to see him get 30 goals this year. It could happen, probably won't but god would it be glorious to see.

Masksimov - This kid is permanently on my Nice list. Just... No words... 40 goals is not out of the question.

Ben Jones... He's on my Nice list. I can not wait to see the next section of this kid's development curve. Whined a lot last season, putting the 'A' on him seems to have calmed that down a lot.

Shaefer - Naughty. Tries too hard to be something he's not. Jumps up, gets caught. But doesn't seem as fast as Roberts or Shankar at getting back. Also drops coverage too early sometimes, and leaves goaltenders in awkward situations.

Thomas - Makes my Naughty list only because there is sooooo much more that he could be doing if he'd learn to be a bit more selfish. I really think he only shoots if he doesn't see ANY other options.

Ham - Naughty. Needs to be more responsible in the defensive zone. Jumps up on the rush too much, gets caught pinching.

Bruder & Hunter - Nice surprises... No complaints.

Castleman - Naughty. But not because it looks like he's not working. Just doesn't seem be on pace to surpass last year. Is he a 'Flash in the pan'? Or is he just not a mystery to anyone. Either way, something has to give with him. I kind of expected him to have the year Singer is having. I thought 30 goals was too much to expect, but maybe 25 wasn't out of the question. As of now, I'm hoping he reaches 15 goals. Guess we'll see...

Carbonara - Too early, sample size of games played isn't sufficient for me to make a judgement. Has the same problem as Shankar, the game has changed. We'll have to wait and see.

MacPherson - Nice. Not much to say. Kid comes in when asked. Plays hard. Makes mistakes. Learns from them. Rinse and repeat.

Langdon - Naughty. Too many bad penalties. Inconsistent play. Suffers from the direction the OHL is headed.

Tomasino - Nice. VERY interested to see his development. I'm seeing flashes of offensive brilliance. Usually followed almost immediately by poor decision making. But such is life in a development league. Will be fun to watch his development.

Incze - Naughty one game... Nice then next... No idea what is going on here. He's not really seeing enough games to know for sure what we have in him... Which has been the problem with him all along. Would like to see him get about 25 games.

Dhillon - Both Naughty and Nice. Needs to learn to share the crease a bit more often. lol. Brilliance, often followed by 'One he'd like back...' Needs to stop playing the puck so much. Gives me a heart attack WAY too often for my taste.

Bones - Nice... But with a Naughty streak... And I wouldn't have it any other way. Continue to dump popcorn on people, be that fun, goofy, occasionally annoying (to the opposition) mascot that we think is the best in the OHL.

Coaching - Overall Nice. Would love to see Incze and the youngsters get more game time. Would like to see floaters sit more.

Special teams - Nice.

Attendance - IceDogs fans are ALWAYS Nice. Would love to see more butts every 18"... Would have loved to see a couple of sell outs before xmas. Would have loved to break the 2 Teddys per fan in attendance mark, Calgary averages like 1.5 / person, and they consider themselves the kings of Teddy Bear Toss...

Ownership - Nice. Burkes tend to be class all the way. Communication with the fan base could be better. But that's the problem with a family run business. I mean they have a Community Relations person. Perhaps it's time to have a Social Media Manager. Someone who would take a quick scan of the boards, FB, Twitter, etc. and give official proclamations / answers to questions within guidelines of course.

SMG - Naughty. The glass is still scuffed, and nasty, my seats often have shoe prints on them. The stands look like they're swept, but not really cleaned. Concession prices are ridiculous, as in deserving of ridicule. Security is hit and miss with rules being unevenly enforced, not communicated, etc. I mean, we all know the things that peeve us all off...

Overall - Nice. The IceDogs are Nice...

Me - Naughty.... But that's just because I'm long winded, and did not intend this post to be this long...

Happy Christmas ALL!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 12-24-2017, 01:15 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,288 Times in 769 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Great job AuldBone!
Thanks and Merry Ho-Ho!
Old 12-24-2017, 02:37 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
Plus 14 or so with his Western Div Team, -2 since becoming a Burke.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:37 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Overall a B still I hope some players turn it around in the second half
Old 12-26-2017, 10:58 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Plus 14 or so with his Western Div Team, -2 since becoming a Burke.
I don't know how much of that is him, and how much who is around him. Kitchener is a better all around team. And I don't think a lot was being asked of him.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post: