Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 907,309   Msgs Posted: 117,865   Thread Views: 18,611,032   Online Now: 64
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-09-2018, 02:27 PM

Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,414 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I canít really answer the first 2 questions for sure because I donít know what we need next year without 1 seeing our team next year and 2 seeing who other teams actually bring back as for the second question that depends on the GM you are dealing with answer to the third question you have the ability to look at the database donít you? As for the 4th question you do it in 2 seasons assuming our run is net year.
1) Most other teams when they "go for it" add 3 or 4 players.
2) 2 or 3 second round picks.
3) We have 5 second round picks.
4) If you need the picks now, you can't wait 2 seasons.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,008 Times in 954 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Go look at the draft picks this team still has they can add guys and win the East next year if thatís the plan. How can you say little return with confidence you donít know what having him around does for the guys in the room already
Believe me I've looked! They're going to be in a lot of trouble at the deadline next year. The Ice Dogs, with those players still returning, will be pretty good team next year, but not quite good enough to win it all, without adding some players - and that's not going to happen now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 02:33 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.iheartradio.ca/610cktb/ne...etic-1.3545167 Hopefully this clears it up se no problem going forward next season.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
1) Most other teams when they "go for it" add 3 or 4 players.
2) 2 or 3 second round picks.
3) We have 5 second round picks.
4) If you need the picks now, you can't wait 2 seasons.
Have you looked at the database they donít need them now sure thatís what most other teams need but what if the East is brutal next year and they can get away with only adding 1 or 2 not likely but possible and Iím impressed you look the third answer up all by yourself
Old 01-09-2018, 02:34 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,288 Times in 769 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

The management did what they did today and who knows what will happen between now and noon tomorrow,
They have a game plan set and I am more than curious to see the results.

We are doing a lot of speculation here, but, the have the information, scouting, etc. to implement their plan.

There is something hidden behind the curtain that we are not aware of.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 02:36 PM
2nd Line

Newdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other membersNewdawgsfan is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
That's what this is all about, finding someone to keep Thomas looking good. You can't score an assist unless someone puts it in the net and Thomas hasn't exactly dented the twine much this year.
I totally agree. Even before I read that he would play with Thomas I felt this was all about helping Akil. He is a great player - but has not had the season he did last year. I remain unconvinced he is a Centre and think he should be the other winger with Jones and Maksimov. Playing Centre is not his strength. His face-off stats are OK - but I believe he thinks and plays like a winger.

Interesting that Maksimov has got better being with a natural "pass first, shoot 2nd" player like Jones. Maksimov and Akil did not work. It will be fascinating to see how Militec and Thomas work out. I wonder whether it may be better (if Joey and Billy want his stats padded) whetehr they would be better going 2nd line as Thomas and Militec as the wingers and bring in Philip as the 2nd centre.

Interesting times ahead.

But I have a horrible feeling that giving up all those picks will bite us next year. I think we got better this year - and won't be as good as we could be next. But hey, I am just an armchair GM...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Newdawgsfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2018, 02:37 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Believe me I've looked! They're going to be in a lot of trouble at the deadline next year. The Ice Dogs, with those players still returning, will be pretty good team next year, but not quite good enough to win it all, without adding some players - and that's not going to happen now.
You donít know that they wonít be able to add so please stop pretending you do Joey and company know what they are doing and this team is third without Miletic so they might not need to add as many guys as people think
Old 01-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Big League

Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
There is something hidden behind the curtain that we are not aware of.
What could turn today into a great day tomorrow would be if behind curtain number one is Tim Liljegren and Joshua Norris
Old 01-09-2018, 02:45 PM
Big League

Quote:
You donít know that they wonít be able to add so please stop pretending you do Joey and company know what they are doing and this team is third without Miletic so they might not need to add as many guys as people think
Yes, you are right I don't really know what's going on behind closed doors, but Foghorn explanation seems makes a lot of sense...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JikC4jbT_u0
Old 01-09-2018, 02:47 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,288 Times in 769 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
What could turn today into a great day tomorrow would be if behind curtain number one is Tim Liljegren and Joshua Norris
That would great and one never knows what the future will hold.

I have heard this staff say many times, that they would not make a move just to make a move. If a move now would hurt their future or next year, there would not be a deal to be made.