Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,362    Downloads: 990,812   Msgs Posted: 118,473   Thread Views: 19,557,396   Online Now: 78
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-24-2018, 05:57 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,072 Times in 991 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

I'm not sure if one of Dent's responsibilities is the Ice Dogs PP.

As an assistant at the pro level, two of Ted Dent’s main areas of responsibility were the Penalty Killing and video co-ordinator. Probably safe to assume that he is responsible for the Ice Dog PK.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:19 PM
1st Line

the dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud ofthe dog has much to be proud of

If it's pk. He is doing a super job
Old 01-24-2018, 06:34 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,308 Times in 787 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

I believe that Billy has stated in the past many times that Dent looks after the pk and the assistant looks after the pp.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:42 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,459 Times in 801 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
My only concern? Will Ted Dent be back next year to finish what he has started with Billy Burke? The fact that he has spent the last 17 years in pro hockey - and has impressive pro resume, probably means he is hoping (and looking) for an opportunity to return! Selfishly, I hope he returns to the Ice Dogs for at least one more season!

My guess is he’s one and done here ... onto greener ($) pastures ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2018, 07:21 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,394 Times in 987 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Doesnít matter who the coach is he can say/do whatever with the PP if the players donít do what the coaches are saying then they canít do much about it
Why do we automatically assume the players arenít following the system implemented? How do we know that itís not just a bad system?

I for one, have seen the defencemen rush up the ice, then drop it back to the oncoming forward hoping to catch the other team flat footed at the blue line about 100 times too many. Iím guessing it isnít the players that put that breakout in. But, they continue to use it over and over again. Whatís that they say about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

Could it be the players are being given a bad system? I mean they have an NHL signed player, two NHL drafted players and a potential first round NHL pick on the PP. So, Iím thinking itís not for lack of talent.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:47 PM

Thanked 2,613 Times in 1,426 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
I for one, have seen the defencemen rush up the ice, then drop it back to the oncoming forward hoping to catch the other team flat footed at the blue line about 100 times too many. Iím guessing it isnít the players that put that breakout in. But, they continue to use it over and over again.
I'm with you on that one... I suspect someone saw it executed flawlessly at some point in the NHL and decided that was for us. I have yet to see it work with the IceDogs, all it does is rob the offensive line of any speed or momentum or cause copious offside calls. Time for something new, and I suspect also time for someone new to be coordinating the PP.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2018, 07:51 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I'm with you on that one... I suspect someone saw it executed flawlessly at some point in the NHL and decided that was for us. I have yet to see it work with the IceDogs, all it does is rob the offensive line of any speed or momentum or cause copious offside calls. Time for something new, and I suspect also time for someone new to be coordinating the PP.

Like, maybe say, enter the zone with speed, puck position stops high inside the blue line, forwards draw opposition defensemen deep leaving the top of the zone with time to work the puck to set up a cross ice pass one timer?

I can make myself available at lunch time to swing down to teach this, wonít cost much.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:37 PM

Thanked 2,613 Times in 1,426 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Like, maybe say, enter the zone with speed, puck position stops high inside the blue line, forwards draw opposition defensemen deep leaving the top of the zone with time to work the puck to set up a cross ice pass one timer?

I can make myself available at lunch time to swing down to teach this, wonít cost much.
Yes, that might work but the other team wouldn't be ready for the puck carrier to cross the line while everyone else stands still. Hardly seems sporting that way, entirely not fair to the other team!
Old 01-24-2018, 08:44 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Why do we automatically assume the players arenít following the system implemented? How do we know that itís not just a bad system?

I for one, have seen the defencemen rush up the ice, then drop it back to the oncoming forward hoping to catch the other team flat footed at the blue line about 100 times too many. Iím guessing it isnít the players that put that breakout in. But, they continue to use it over and over again. Whatís that they say about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

Could it be the players are being given a bad system? I mean they have an NHL signed player, two NHL drafted players and a potential first round NHL pick on the PP. So, Iím thinking itís not for lack of talent.
I donít know itís the players for sure but when I was talking about the PP i meant when they are already in the zone and either decide to pass it a million times or just keep skating around i doubt coaches tell them to do that
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2018, 08:53 PM
Serving a Suspension

Stinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud ofStinkyp3t3 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
Yes, that might work but the other team wouldn't be ready for the puck carrier to cross the line while everyone else stands still. Hardly seems sporting that way, entirely not fair to the other team!
Fair enough, too logical I suppose, would never fly