Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,399    Downloads: 1,126,004   Msgs Posted: 120,088   Thread Views: 20,645,585   Online Now: 113
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:39 AM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,499 Times in 1,033 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

[quote=Blacksox;114596]Great post RSJ! There is a lot to like about this team

.. and from a strictly developmental perspective, these highly competitive games against the top teams in Canada will make the Ice Dogs a better team. Anyone who understands sports or has played/coached at a competitive level know - you can only get better by playing teams that are better than you!

The rewards of their recent efforts will not be found in the standing, but most likely come playoff time (and next year)!

***[/QUOT

A strictly developmental perspective should include #68 over Schaefer.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2018, 07:47 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,371 Times in 831 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

[quote=fishfan51;114597]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Great post RSJ! There is a lot to like about this team

.. and from a strictly developmental perspective, these highly competitive games against the top teams in Canada will make the Ice Dogs a better team. Anyone who understands sports or has played/coached at a competitive level know - you can only get better by playing teams that are better than you!

The rewards of their recent efforts will not be found in the standing, but most likely come playoff time (and next year)!

***[/QUOT

A strictly developmental perspective should include #68 over Schaefer.
I agree with you 110% Fishfan.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2018, 07:58 AM
3rd Line

g_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud ofg_squad has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
One too many passes, trying to be cute against a team that plays mean, drop passes to no one (really wish they`d stop that), and a supreme lack of urgency in the defensive end.

On the roses side of things, Lochead is becoming my favorite IceDog. He plays hard physical hockey and competes every minute he is on the ice.
I absolutely loved watching the Soo's O zone entry on the PP. They were in total control of the puck at all times. Crisp passing to move it to the open guy along the boards where they set up the cycle from. It was poetry in motion. I hope the ID's coaching staff were watching as well and will soon abandon the drop pass crap.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to g_squad For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2018, 08:03 AM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
I absolutely loved watching the Soo's O zone entry on the PP. They were in total control of the puck at all times. Crisp passing to move it to the open guy along the boards where they set up the cycle from. It was poetry in motion. I hope the ID's coaching staff were watching as well and will soon abandon the drop pass crap.
That is one of the reasons that they are ranked number one in the CHL and were really nice to watch.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone notice that all 4 defenders were just waiting for the puck carrier coming out of our zone and the neutral zone when Soo was on the pk... they didnt even bother defending the other 4 guys cause they knew tbat drop pass was coming and they just waited for it... time to change it up Billy
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Big League

I was asked last night during the game by a fan who sits behind me if I knew how many SSM players were NHL drafted players.
I just found out the number and that number is 9 players including the goaltender from last night who was a 3rd round pick by LA Kings.
The only one missing last night was Timmins.
8 drafted players against our 2 drafted players, and after we got over the star gazing (WOW) once again, we stayed with them.
Go Dogs Go!!
Old 02-09-2018, 01:05 PM
1st Line

hotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond reputehotdog fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
I wouldn't count on anything changing until the coaching staff takes off their blinders. This has been our way all season. The power play is telegraphed to a "T". Never changes same guys play the whole 2 minutes never set anything up and when they do they make the stretch pass across and lose the puck. Like I said in another post also no bodies in front of the net to get rebounds. And when there is someone in front it is the smallest guy we have. Also in my opinon Thomas and Militic should never be on the same line or power play line for that matter. We brought Sam here to help Thomas and if Thomas was not so greedy and checked his ego at the dressing room door and watch and try to listen to Sam he could be a valuable player but as of late he is more of a figure skater then a hockey player.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:33 PM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Did anyone notice that all 4 defenders were just waiting for the puck carrier coming out of our zone and the neutral zone when Soo was on the pk... they didnt even bother defending the other 4 guys cause they knew tbat drop pass was coming and they just waited for it... time to change it up Billy
Is that what was happening, interesting. No wonder our PP was so horrid.

I hate that back pass at the blue line.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:40 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogs Enthusiast 104 View Post
Is that what was happening, interesting. No wonder our PP was so horrid.

I hate that back pass at the blue line.
I too despise the back pass, drives me nuts, especially in our own end when the puck is left there nowhere near out player and almost turns into another giveaway.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:05 PM

Thanked 2,699 Times in 1,480 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Unlike all of the negative and pot stirring members here, I did think that we hung in there with the top team in the CHL.
I like this team and apparently, the fans in Niagara do as well and I am done with this.
I like this team too! They are playing much better than I expected back in September. That said, they do things that drive me nuts and would give them even more success if they stopped doing them. Talking about what we all observe, even if it is a constructive criticism, doesn't disqualify us from being fans.