Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,352    Downloads: 904,076   Msgs Posted: 117,842   Thread Views: 18,555,117   Online Now: 57
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 05-15-2018, 07:48 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
It's a sign of good faith. I assume the kid told Joey and company that he will report. Otherwise, why would Joey make such a statement? The fact that he hasn't shown up on either occasion is not a good sign IMO. I agree, he may have told them one thing and now is doing another. But, that's why the GM shouldn't make such statements until the contract is signed.

I don't think anyone has a problem with swinging for the fences, it would be nice if they made a little contact now and again though.

We have no idea what is transpiring behind the scenes. Who knows if the kid had prior commitments on the two days in question. But he's either pulling the wool over the eyes of Niagara or Illinois.
Contact with him? How do you know they aren’t it’s just assumptions to this point. He’s definitely pulling the wool over someone’s eyes but I’d do the same if i was a kid with his “talent”
Old 05-15-2018, 08:45 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 2,365 Times in 967 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Contact with him? How do you know they aren’t it’s just assumptions to this point. He’s definitely pulling the wool over someone’s eyes but I’d do the same if i was a kid with his “talent”
Read it again. The “making contact” is a baseball metaphor, just as “swinging for the fences” is. I’m not suggesting the Dogs haven’t been in touch with him. I’ll rephrase it, if you’re going to “swing for the fences”, it would be nice to get the “bat on the ball” once in a while. Hopefully, it will “drive in a run” but so far the opposing pitcher is tossing a “no-hitter” and we’re being “shut-out”.
The Following User Says Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2018, 09:39 PM
Big League

dogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud ofdogs777 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
Read it again. The “making contact” is a baseball metaphor, just as “swinging for the fences” is. I’m not suggesting the Dogs haven’t been in touch with him. I’ll rephrase it, if you’re going to “swing for the fences”, it would be nice to get the “bat on the ball” once in a while. Hopefully, it will “drive in a run” but so far the opposing pitcher is tossing a “no-hitter” and we’re being “shut-out”.
Yes I got it my bad didn’t think of the metaphor
The Following User Says Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-15-2018, 09:50 PM
Big League

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know forsure that he wasnt there
Old 05-15-2018, 10:18 PM
Big League

Thanked 2,006 Times in 952 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

ORIENTATION RECAP | IcePups visit Niagara Region

http://niagaraicedogs.net/article/or...niagara-region

Stay tuned for a video coming introducing you to our most recent litter of pups!
The Following User Says Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 05-16-2018, 04:14 PM
3rd Line

modaymorninggm is just really nicemodaymorninggm is just really nicemodaymorninggm is just really nicemodaymorninggm is just really nicemodaymorninggm is just really nice

I think it is way too early to be concerned. Roger MacLeod is a professional recruiter who has done this for the Ice Dogs for years. Between him and Joey I am not worried at all
The Following User Says Thank You to modaymorninggm For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 09:31 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,454 Times in 796 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
I think it is way too early to be concerned. Roger MacLeod is a professional recruiter who has done this for the Ice Dogs for years. Between him and Joey I am not worried at all

If he’s done it for years there are several that he hasn’t been able to convince to report

I for one am worried

Based on past trends .... my belief is going to be ... that Halliday won’t report

I don’t fault the dogs for swinging for the fences but I do agree with FF. We can’t buy a hit meanwhile the LK are putting up first round ballot hall of fame statistics ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post: