Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,399    Downloads: 1,130,769   Msgs Posted: 120,130   Thread Views: 20,668,454   Online Now: 92
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-22-2017, 09:37 AM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I would still maintain that the Dogs were way too pass-happy in that game. 5 or 6 times, the Dogs had what would have been sure goals, half-empty nets, and passed it off to a teammate who was either covered, or the pass was blocked/knocked away. Sometimes it’s ok to be selfish. Take the shot. It was so painful to watch. One is just waiting for the shot. Goalie is moving, open man is found, puck on the tape, .....and the Dogs throw it back to the point. Sometimes point man keeps it in, sometimes not. Like I said, just painful to watch.
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 09:43 AM
2nd Line

Aircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond reputeAircanuck has a reputation beyond repute

That was not THAT BAD of a hockey game, really. Ottawa came out with a much different plan that what I have seen other teams throw at our Dogs this year.

Instead of trying run and gun with us, they clogged, forced and trapped us defensively. Many of our break outs were forced wide with the centre lanes being well covered and shots then coming from poor angles. If this were a 7 game series of this style we'd take it 4-2. We didn't adjust as quickly as I would have liked, dump and chase with our speed might have had a chance to break up the centre lanes. We carried the puck in more times than not to a fruitless chance made from a poor angle.

Power play was mediocre
Kill was decent
Hustle was there
Goaltending outstanding
Defense was strong (aside from some Shankar slips)

This does not make for a poor effort nor a bad hockey game (from the seat I occupied at least!)

Last edited by Aircanuck; 10-22-2017 at 09:50 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aircanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 09:52 AM
3rd Line

pg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by otherspg007 is absolutely hated by others

WOW to much wineing people we are in first place in our division and second in the east how bad can it be enjoy the ride
The Following User Says Thank You to pg007 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 09:52 AM
Big League

Thanked 2,183 Times in 1,061 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Tough overtime loss for IceDogs
By Bill Potrecz @ bpsportsniagara.ca

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/tough-...-loss-icedogs/

“It’s been nice not having to face 45 or 50 shots a game, but at the same time, it’s fun when you face a lot of shots and you get into the game very quickly. You’re always dialled in,” Dhillon said. “With less shots you have to be sharp all the time because you may have a couple of minutes where there may be no action. It’s a little different but I don’t really change my approach.”

It is hoped by Dhillon seeing a little less rubber during the regular season he can stay fresher down the stretch and into the playoffs. “It’s still early in the season so we’ll see how it translates down the road,” Dhillon said.

"NBA" Highlight (1:30)
http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...tt-1-niag-0-ot
Old 10-22-2017, 10:05 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,996 Times in 1,379 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Tough overtime loss for IceDogs
By Bill Potrecz @ bpsportsniagara.ca

http://www.bpsportsniagara.ca/tough-...-loss-icedogs/

Its been nice not having to face 45 or 50 shots a game, but at the same time, its fun when you face a lot of shots and you get into the game very quickly. Youre always dialled in, Dhillon said. With less shots you have to be sharp all the time because you may have a couple of minutes where there may be no action. Its a little different but I dont really change my approach.

It is hoped by Dhillon seeing a little less rubber during the regular season he can stay fresher down the stretch and into the playoffs. Its still early in the season so well see how it translates down the road, Dhillon said.

"NBA" Highlight (1:30)
http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video...tt-1-niag-0-ot
Pick and roll. Not sure how that gets missed.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:12 AM
Big League

Thanked 1,373 Times in 833 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

This team is not going to win every game this season and each game is a learning process for them.
A look at the videos this week will show them how they were shutdown last night.
Ottawa to me looked much stronger than us physically man for man. We did not win too many puck battles along the walls.
Ottawa and Niagara would make one hell of a playoff series in my opinion.
Still a 3 point weekend out of 4 for us in a winning weekend.
1st place in our division, 2nd overall is a lot better than I thought we would be, but, there is still a long way to go. Oshawa and Sudbury coming at us this week with the Missy road trip next Sunday afternoon. We are going on that roadtrip. All good here.
Go Dogs Go!

Last edited by retired/sectionJ; 10-22-2017 at 10:46 AM. Reason: spelling correction
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pg007 View Post
WOW to much wineing people we are in first place in our division and second in the east how bad can it be enjoy the ride
Perhaps we have high standards.
Old 10-22-2017, 11:03 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,996 Times in 1,379 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

I thought Bruder really looked good last night. He seems to be skating better every game. Nice size and hands and some decent production so far in limited minutes. 4 points and +5 in 7 games.

Machala needs to be much better. At least he was skating last night but 3 points and a minus 8 on the year is not going to get it done. I had high hopes for him this year but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they sent him home.

1st in the east and third in the league at this point(winning %) is far exceeding my expectations and I thought they'd have a strong season. Really impressed with how few shots they allow this year.

Last edited by hockey123; 10-22-2017 at 11:07 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2017, 11:29 AM
3rd Line

Komp is a jewel in the roughKomp is a jewel in the roughKomp is a jewel in the rough

Schaefer a healthy scratch?
Old 10-22-2017, 11:46 AM
Top Prospect

Dogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond reputeDogs Enthusiast 104 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedoggy View Post
.I don't want to sound negative but I'm looking at the big picture.
This is it. We are doing very well but there is some cause for concern and maybe we have been a little lucky up to now.