Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,776    Downloads: 1,715,351   Msgs Posted: 132,839   Thread Views: 28,790,194   Online Now: 150
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 01-22-2020, 12:44 AM

Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,941 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I second the ending of the emojis and nicknames on the IceDogs Twitter account. Many times I have no idea who they are referring to.
I have a feeling the nicknames, emojis and lack of information are directly related to this being a volunteer "intern" position.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 01:06 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
I have a feeling the nicknames, emojis and lack of information are directly related to this being a volunteer "intern" position.
I disagree somewhat I think the nicknames are more to do with the fact that hockey players almost always have nicknames and get called by those nicknames more often than not (so do teenagers which they are.) The emojis thing is probably more of a teenager thing more than anything they probably got asked what their favourite one was or the closest one to the nickname and the media person thought it would be cool to add it with the nicknames. As for the lack of information it could be because itís a volunteer doing the social media but I think it has more to do with the team not sharing anything because they donít have to. I donít see what the big deal is with the emojis and nicknames at this point in the season everyone should know who they are and be used to them by now
Old 01-22-2020, 07:10 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,281 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I disagree somewhat I think the nicknames are more to do with the fact that hockey players almost always have nicknames and get called by those nicknames more often than not (so do teenagers which they are.) The emojis thing is probably more of a teenager thing more than anything they probably got asked what their favourite one was or the closest one to the nickname and the media person thought it would be cool to add it with the nicknames. As for the lack of information it could be because itís a volunteer doing the social media but I think it has more to do with the team not sharing anything because they donít have to. I donít see what the big deal is with the emojis and nicknames at this point in the season everyone should know who they are and be used to them by now
good points dogs777, but, speaking for my old school self. I hate the nicknames and emoijis (don't even like typing the terrible looking word, if that is what we want to call that word.
Old 01-22-2020, 11:24 AM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Now we can add Enright to the list... according to the team on Twitter..

Niagara IceDogs
@OHLIceDogs

Jan 20
The Niagara IceDogs have issued the following injury update :

- Jake Uberti : upper body (day to day)
- Adrien Beraldo : lower body (day to day)
- Ivan Lodnia : lower body (week to week)
- Ethan Sims : upper body (week to week)
- Tucker Tynan : lower body (indefinite)
Niagara IceDogs
@OHLIceDogs

11m
- Isaac Enright : upper body (week to week)
Old 01-22-2020, 11:27 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
good points dogs777, but, speaking for my old school self. I hate the nicknames and emoijis (don't even like typing the terrible looking word, if that is what we want to call that word.
The emojis are a bit crazy but I understand why theyíre doing all of it and Iím ok with it/donít really care
Old 01-22-2020, 11:31 AM
Team Captain

Quote:
The emojis are a bit crazy but I understand why theyíre doing all of it and Iím ok with it/donít really care
When you get to be my age, you may think the same as this old fart LMAO
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 12:17 PM
Resident OHL Expert

Thanked 3,044 Times in 1,281 Posts
fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!fishfan51 is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I disagree somewhat I think the nicknames are more to do with the fact that hockey players almost always have nicknames and get called by those nicknames more often than not (so do teenagers which they are.) The emojis thing is probably more of a teenager thing more than anything they probably got asked what their favourite one was or the closest one to the nickname and the media person thought it would be cool to add it with the nicknames. As for the lack of information it could be because it’s a volunteer doing the social media but I think it has more to do with the team not sharing anything because they don’t have to. I don’t see what the big deal is with the emojis and nicknames at this point in the season everyone should know who they are and be used to them by now
You're right, nicknames are a part of hockey. Where the issue is, is fans are not on the team. They don't know what the players call each other. So they don't know what the nicknames are. I'm sure you could figure it out, but why should they have to? Look around the arena, not many teenagers. I think when it comes to attendance the crowd consists of older, middle aged, really young and teenagers, the lowest demographic at the games is teenagers.

The emojis are just silly. It looks like a 11 yr old girl is running the account.

Not sharing player information to protect the players from opponents is one thing. But, it's obvious what the injuries are to most of the players. You don't have t o say "upper body" when we know Sims took a head shot. Tells us what his injury is, tell us he's okay and tell us when you think he'll be back. It's not hard.

Not sharing because they don't have to? There are a million things they don't have to do. That doesn't make it right.

None of this really "matters". It's just a form of communication with your fans.

Last edited by fishfan51; 01-22-2020 at 12:26 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fishfan51 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 03:33 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,170 Times in 1,223 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!
Default Player Injury Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Now we can add Enright to the list... according to the team on Twitter..

Niagara IceDogs
@OHLIceDogs

Jan 20
The Niagara IceDogs have issued the following injury update :

- Jake Uberti : upper body (day to day)
- Adrien Beraldo : lower body (day to day)
- Ivan Lodnia : lower body (week to week)
- Ethan Sims : upper body (week to week)
- Tucker Tynan : lower body (indefinite)
Niagara IceDogs
@OHLIceDogs

11m
- Isaac Enright : upper body (week to week)

I’m back from vacation

A bit out of shape and feeling it from copious amounts of booze, food and sitting on my ass for a week in the sun ...

Also just of the IR recovering from a ‘lower body injury’

I can bring my equipment to the game
If they need bodies

Put me down as an ‘extreme overager’...

HAHAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2020, 03:45 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I’m back from vacation

A bit out of shape and feeling it from copious amounts of booze, food and sitting on my ass for a week in the sun ...

Also just of the IR recovering from a ‘lower body injury’

I can bring my equipment to the game
If they need bodies

Put me down as an ‘extreme overager’...

HAHAHAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for being willing to sacrifice your body for the sake of the team.
Old 01-22-2020, 06:49 PM

Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,941 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfan51 View Post
You're right, nicknames are a part of hockey. Where the issue is, is fans are not on the team. They don't know what the players call each other. So they don't know what the nicknames are. I'm sure you could figure it out, but why should they have to? Look around the arena, not many teenagers. I think when it comes to attendance the crowd consists of older, middle aged, really young and teenagers, the lowest demographic at the games is teenagers.

The emojis are just silly. It looks like a 11 yr old girl is running the account.

Not sharing player information to protect the players from opponents is one thing. But, it's obvious what the injuries are to most of the players. You don't have t o say "upper body" when we know Sims took a head shot. Tells us what his injury is, tell us he's okay and tell us when you think he'll be back. It's not hard.

Not sharing because they don't have to? There are a million things they don't have to do. That doesn't make it right.

None of this really "matters". It's just a form of communication with your fans.
You forgot the biggest reason why all of this matters - it is unprofessional. If Niagara IceDogs is your business brand do you really want people thinking it is run by a teenaged fan? If you want to be taken seriously on the ice, in the league and in the community, your brand matters.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post: