Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,157    Downloads: 831,284   Msgs Posted: 111,300   Thread Views: 16,637,602   Online Now: 69
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-26-2017, 02:06 PM
dogs77's Avatar
dogs77 dogs77 is offline
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,421
Thanks: 734
Thanked 626 Times in 359 Posts
dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
...but if he is underplaying and not living up to that reason, never seems like a long time. Our last GM had a hard time admitting flubs, I think Joey Burke has a better understanding of the word "whoops" . Far better to admit you got fooled in a trade or the player stopped playing to potential, than to perpetuate the problem by continuing to play them (can you say Boston).
Is he not playing to his potential or is he playing every shift with doubt... hes thrown 3 really good hits so far this season and 2 of them have gotten hom suspended... at some point that has mental effect on a players game... go back a few years ago... Dougie Hamilton took a 10 game suspension foe a textbook open ice hit... he never did play the same style once he came back and how many years later he still doesnt
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogs77 For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 11-26-2017, 02:07 PM
dogs777 dogs777 is online now
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,390
Thanks: 389
Thanked 287 Times in 221 Posts
dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
...but if he is underplaying and not living up to that reason, never seems like a long time. Our last GM had a hard time admitting flubs, I think Joey Burke has a better understanding of the word "whoops" . Far better to admit you got fooled in a trade or the player stopped playing to potential, than to perpetuate the problem by continuing to play them (can you say Boston).
How do we know heís not playing the way they wanted or expected him to just because heís not living up to some fans expectations doesnít mean anything heís played the way I expected other then some of the ify penalties
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-26-2017, 02:36 PM
maddog maddog is offline
2nd Line
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 619
Thanks: 162
Thanked 547 Times in 250 Posts
maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
How do we know heís not playing the way they wanted or expected him to just because heís not living up to some fans expectations doesnít mean anything heís played the way I expected other then some of the ify penalties
Not sure what you are trying to say?
So you are saying he has played well?
You would sit Billy C or Hunter for an OA that seems disinterested, slow, caught out of position, no heavy slapshot or wrist shot( the goals he scored were floaters that goalies were screened),
Also erratic passing, is that enough of a liability?
I would have any other one of our younger defenseman out there before him and I think the vast majority of fans here would agree.
Not sure which game you are watching but I have seen them all.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-26-2017, 02:58 PM
dogs777 dogs777 is online now
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,390
Thanks: 389
Thanked 287 Times in 221 Posts
dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog View Post
Not sure what you are trying to say?
So you are saying he has played well?
You would sit Billy C or Hunter for an OA that seems disinterested, slow, caught out of position, no heavy slapshot or wrist shot( the goals he scored were floaters that goalies were screened),
Also erratic passing, is that enough of a liability?
I would have any other one of our younger defenseman out there before him and I think the vast majority of fans here would agree.
Not sure which game you are watching but I have seen them all.
Iíve seen or listened to every game he hasnít played amazing but itís only been a month and a bit itís a long season where all your complaints could be fixed. Erratic passes? Everyone on this team makes a few of those a game
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-26-2017, 03:20 PM
Dawger Dawger is offline
4th Line
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 73
Thanks: 0
Thanked 50 Times in 27 Posts
Dawger is a jewel in the roughDawger is a jewel in the roughDawger is a jewel in the rough
Default

I still like shanker...yes he is slow in a fast league and gets extra monitoring from the refs but we live and die with Dhillon this year and i dont think other teams run our goalie the same way when he is in the lineup.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dawger For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 11-26-2017, 07:40 PM
three dog night three dog night is offline
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: st.catharines Section A Row F Seat 9
Posts: 4,245
Thanks: 713
Thanked 739 Times in 484 Posts
three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute
Default

This leauge has to re think the head check rule
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 11-26-2017, 09:26 PM
g_squad's Avatar
g_squad g_squad is offline
3rd Line
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Section 113
Posts: 249
Thanks: 406
Thanked 186 Times in 97 Posts
g_squad is a splendid one to beholdg_squad is a splendid one to beholdg_squad is a splendid one to beholdg_squad is a splendid one to beholdg_squad is a splendid one to beholdg_squad is a splendid one to beholdg_squad is a splendid one to beholdg_squad is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Is he not playing to his potential or is he playing every shift with doubt... hes thrown 3 really good hits so far this season and 2 of them have gotten hom suspended... at some point that has mental effect on a players game... go back a few years ago... Dougie Hamilton took a 10 game suspension foe a textbook open ice hit... he never did play the same style once he came back and how many years later he still doesnt
Actually his first suspension was because of a STUPID and uncalled for 2 hander across the wrist of a player (canít remember who) in the Peterborough game in October. When I first heard that the Dogs had traded for Shankar, I was pleased because I thought he would bring some grit to a small young team. Iím not seeing much of that grit. His passing is atrocious. He has 0 foot speed. And his decisions to rush the puck usually lead to an odd man rush situation coming back at us. Trade him for a bag of pucks or release him outright, I donít care but the team does seem to play better without him. Which is a good thing because between penalties and suspensions, they seem to have to do that a lot. Iíd much rather see Constantinou and Hunter draw into the lineup more often.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-26-2017, 09:32 PM
dogs77's Avatar
dogs77 dogs77 is offline
Top Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,421
Thanks: 734
Thanked 626 Times in 359 Posts
dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_squad View Post
Actually his first suspension was because of a STUPID and uncalled for 2 hander across the wrist of a player (canít remember who) in the Peterborough game in October. When I first heard that the Dogs had traded for Shankar, I was pleased because I thought he would bring some grit to a small young team. Iím not seeing much of that grit. His passing is atrocious. He has 0 foot speed. And his decisions to rush the puck usually lead to an odd man rush situation coming back at us. Trade him for a bag of pucks or release him outright, I donít care but the team does seem to play better without him. Which is a good thing because between penalties and suspensions, they seem to have to do that a lot. Iíd much rather see Constantinou and Hunter draw into the lineup more often.
Yes that's right... I stand corrected
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-08-2017, 05:39 PM
maddog maddog is offline
2nd Line
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 619
Thanks: 162
Thanked 547 Times in 250 Posts
maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Constantino and Hunter both sit last night and Shankar plays.
What the heck does management see in this guy.
Constantino and Hunter both do way more better things than Shankar can do.
Shankar gave up the puck three times in our end.
The last one, he got lucky it bounced over Formenton stick who would have had a glorious chance to tie game.
It miraculousy went to Maksimov who ended up scoring an empty net goal.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 12-08-2017, 06:05 PM
canucks4 canucks4 is offline
2nd Line
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Section C since the beginning then moved to new arena!
Posts: 316
Thanks: 296
Thanked 141 Times in 77 Posts
canucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to beholdcanucks4 is a splendid one to behold
Default

....well I'm thinking Roberts is in the Shankar boat....can't carry the puck up the ice and/or loses it when someone blinks at him...caught in the back ice way too often....I'd much rather see Hunter and Constantino
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to canucks4 For This Useful Post:
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) IceDogFans.com, 2007-2015