Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,157    Downloads: 831,284   Msgs Posted: 111,300   Thread Views: 16,637,701   Online Now: 68
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-27-2017, 09:43 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn’t know you could get a NTC in the OHL.. I do remember being right pissed that Williamson didn’t trade either Strome or Brett Ritchie when, you’re right, the trade of either would have set the Dogs up for years.. in fact, I seem to recall the Dogs had a proposed trade in place for Ritchie, and backed out. I think, actually, it was that NHL lockout that really screwed the Dogs over(2012-13?).
The Following User Says Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2017, 09:48 PM

Thanked 2,075 Times in 1,156 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

...that was also pre-Meridian Centre and they were fan Favorites. When you are trying to grow your business and expand the number of STH, you don't chase away the players people are coming to see. Yes its a fine line between the business of hockey performance and economics, but do you remember the outcry when Jesse Graham left?
Old 11-27-2017, 10:03 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Even in hockey the term NO means NO even with the phone call from the pros.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:31 PM
2nd Line

123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute123 G! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I didnít know you could get a NTC in the OHL.. I do remember being right pissed that Williamson didnít trade either Strome or Brett Ritchie when, youíre right, the trade of either would have set the Dogs up for years.. in fact, I seem to recall the Dogs had a proposed trade in place for Ritchie, and backed out. I think, actually, it was that NHL lockout that really screwed the Dogs over(2012-13?).
Over 90-percent of players in the OHL have no-trade clauses, remember Williamson saying that in an interview back in the day.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:33 PM

Thanked 2,075 Times in 1,156 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 G! View Post
Over 90-percent of players in the OHL have no-trade clauses, remember Williamson saying that in an interview back in the day.
Yup, remember Wilkie? Were you surprised he wasn't moved sooner? He had a NTC and a higher tolerance for butt splinters.
Old 11-28-2017, 05:47 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

This conversation has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts as we are not sure how much longer this thread will last.

PS: after all of the good info on here, I still do not think that my question was answered as to what the value on January 10th deadline. Once again, not advocating trading him, merely what he might we worth on the open market.
Thanks again to all
Old 11-28-2017, 06:00 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know what Dhillon would fetch, but I’m convinced the Dogs would need a goaler in return; the Dogs don’t have anyone to replace him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dogged74 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2017, 06:15 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
This conversation has lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.
Thank you all for sharing your thoughts as we are not sure how much longer this thread will last.

PS: after all of the good info on here, I still do not think that my question was answered as to what the value on January 10th deadline. Once again, not advocating trading him, merely what he might we worth on the open market.
Thanks again to all
Depends on supply and demand at the deadline.Dhillon won't get the return like a Dipietro or Helvig but teams may over pay if they get desperate for a number 1 Goalie and the big name ones are not available. Dhillon can steal games when he is on. I will take a rough guess and say 2 2nds and a condition high pick depending on him returning as an OA. ...Again supply and demand can change this a lot. Just a guess.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thunder Hawk For This Useful Post: