Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,157    Downloads: 831,284   Msgs Posted: 111,300   Thread Views: 16,637,598   Online Now: 72
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-18-2017, 05:13 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
How do you decide which players are posturing so they get to choose their own team versus those who may report regardless of their stated preference?
If only there were a way to handle this problem... Hmmm... I can't seem to come up with one good way to solve this issue... Oh wait... The same way you solve ANY draft issue.

Make them declare themselves eligible for the draft. Allow for immediate rights trading. So if you get picked by a team you don't want to go to, a trade can be negotiated to a team you do want to play for. Everyone wins. Or if your rights aren't attracting interest, you make arrangements to play in another league. And you lose a year of development in the OHL.

Personally I'd like to see the Import Draft done away with. I'd rather the 2 spots get used for North American kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 05:25 PM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, let’s just do away with any draft, Open it up and let the players decide what teams they want to play for.

All in for that.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:44 PM
2nd Line

Red is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to beholdRed is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Yes, letís just do away with any draft, Open it up and let the players decide what teams they want to play for.

All in for that.
That is London's hope, so long as they all go there.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:55 PM
3rd Line

5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold5 for fighting is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Word out there after the draft and this is unconfirmed, but, there were a lot of franchises that liked what Niagara did in the first round.
I'm sure most teams loved the move. Neither London or Niagara improved from the draft and Niagara using their pick to block London from getting a player meant an additional player was available for another team to draft.

Last edited by 5 for fighting; 10-18-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:10 PM

Thanked 2,075 Times in 1,156 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I'm sure most teams loved the move. Neither London or Niagara improved from the draft and Niagara using their pick to block London from getting a player meant an additional player was available for another team to draft.
Taking a player in the international draft is a crap shoot anyhow. Unless you can convince a high-end player to report if drafted, you are getting an unknown quantity. This can turn out well at times (insert example here) or badly (lots of choices on this list). So if those are your options and there is nobody itching to come your way, why not use that pick to make someone else's team less strong OR to potentially attract picks in a trade the following year. Rolling over and letting the strong get stronger is the worst option. I am with RSJ, if I can only get a player I have to develop then I will choose Canadian.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 08:54 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other memberspup96 is well liked by the other members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
Yes, letís just do away with any draft, Open it up and let the players decide what teams they want to play for.

All in for that.
Good plan I am sure that will catch on in the NHL too.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:10 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,189 Times in 658 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 for fighting View Post
I still don't see the sense in picking a player that will not report just to make the Knights worse, especially when we only play them twice a year. So we are worse off and so are the Knights while the other 18 teams tried to get better through the import draft.

Our record at drafting and getting good import players to report is miserable at best ...

I’d rather they do what they did by screwing London.

Otherwise they’d probably draft (and have report) another Ondrej Kopta, David Sysla, or Pavel ‘the jean machine’ Demin, who would then take ice time away from an equally unskilled Ontario kid.

Not a fan of the import draft ...never have been ... even when the Dogs weren’t here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 10:11 PM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Picking the Swede to prevent him from ending up in that green jersey makes a lot of sense to me, and I am sure that a lot of members of this fan site would also agree.

Word out there after the draft and this is unconfirmed, but, there were a lot of franchises that liked what Niagara did in the first round.

Probably right. And none of them have the balls or are smart enough to do the same ...

The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 10:14 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
If only there were a way to handle this problem... Hmmm... I can't seem to come up with one good way to solve this issue... Oh wait... The same way you solve ANY draft issue.

Make them declare themselves eligible for the draft. Allow for immediate rights trading. So if you get picked by a team you don't want to go to, a trade can be negotiated to a team you do want to play for. Everyone wins. Or if your rights aren't attracting interest, you make arrangements to play in another league. And you lose a year of development in the OHL.

Personally I'd like to see the Import Draft done away with. I'd rather the 2 spots get used for North American kids.

In the current form I’d rather they do away with the import draft too. Too much malarkey and BS.

Now if the rules were changed where a player had to declare themselves eligible, that’s a whole new ballgame ... I’d be all for that ....

Old 10-18-2017, 10:40 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 2,860 Times in 1,312 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

As long as it's here perhaps the Dogs should get someone over their on the payroll and stop punting these picks. Niagara wasted their pick to block London and London still drafted Bratt 49th. If he didn't surprisingly go out and make the Devils he would be lighting it up in this league right about now. He showed up at the Devils camp with a London Knights hockey bag. Let the teams in the west or the teams picking a few picks before London block them and go out and start adding some talent.