Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,157    Downloads: 831,284   Msgs Posted: 111,300   Thread Views: 16,637,649   Online Now: 70
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:23 AM

Thanked 2,075 Times in 1,156 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Win or lose, Im still not a fan of the shootout. But I have been dragged, kicking and screaming, to accepting it.
The problem I have is the OT. Not that it exists, but that coaches coach their teams to sit back and just wait for the SO. What Id LOVE to see is a coach that HATED the shootout, and did all they could to end the game in overtime. And thats what I think was the idea behind a four-on-four OT, now 3-on-3.
We have a tough time scoring when there are five skaters on the ice, almost no luck when there are three and none when there is only one. Winning the game in regular time is still our best bet.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:36 AM

NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Any game Oakman is refereeing that the Dogs get a point from I consider a win.
Scott Oakman recently illustrated his understanding of the evolution of OHL hockey:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 10:47 AM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Win or lose, Im still not a fan of the shootout. But I have been dragged, kicking and screaming, to accepting it.
The problem I have is the OT. Not that it exists, but that coaches coach their teams to sit back and just wait for the SO. What Id LOVE to see is a coach that HATED the shootout, and did all they could to end the game in overtime. And thats what I think was the idea behind a four-on-four OT, now 3-on-3.
I too despise the shoot-out and the way overtime is played. The last 4 or so minutes of regulation leave a lot to be desired as well as team start thinking of the overtime point.

The solution has been mentioned by many people on sports talk shows...

The winning team in regulation would get 3 points.
The winning team in overtime would get 2 points.
The losing team in overtime would get 1 point.

My thinking is that the final 5 minutes of regular time would be a lot more fun to watch.

I'm done.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:26 PM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,521 Times in 708 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotdog fan View Post
Looks like we got another great referee for tonight's game in Scott Oakman.
The Ice Dogs looked like they were poised to get a third goal until we got Oakman-ed.

I reviewed closely the 4 consecutive Ice Dogs penalties in the final 12 minutes of the game. Who does that in the 3rd period of a 2-2 game? Oakman is such an idiot.

Penalty 1: What Oakman failed to call only seconds before the high stick on Struthers was Struthers using both his stick and skate to trip up MacPherson.

Penalty 2: Ham was a phantom call that even had the Owen Sound announcers disagreed with.

Penalty 3: Schaeffer. It was an embellishment by Szypula you could tell he knew that he had fooled Oakman.

Penalty 4: A clear trip by Singer! Good call.

The Ice Dogs were able to kill all 8 minutes of the Owen Sound extended PP, but it is the momentum lost that is almost impossible to overcome after that many short-handed minutes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
The Ice Dogs were able to kill all 8 minutes of the Owen Sound extended PP, but it is the momentum lost that is almost impossible to overcome after that many short-handed minutes.

I thought the Oliver Castleman cross-checking penalty in the second was embellished as well. Perhaps the coaching staff needs to work on "falling as if you were shot" every time you get bumped from behind with a stick
Old 11-23-2017, 01:04 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
Sorry I just feel these guys would have done better with an experienced coach during the rebuild..I stand by my OPINION and I guess time will tell.
So 8 years as a coach for Billy including this year. Sparre with the least experience with only 2 years coaching if Im not mistaken again counting this year and finally Ted Dent is in his 14th year behind a bench so whats wrong with the experience of the coaches
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dogs777 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 08:08 PM
1st Line

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
So 8 years as a coach for Billy including this year. Sparre with the least experience with only 2 years coaching if Im not mistaken again counting this year and finally Ted Dent is in his 14th year behind a bench so whats wrong with the experience of the coaches
Yeah but who's calling the shots...I would take Dent over Burke anyday as headcoach, and I'm sure he would love the opportunity to be the man in charge. Look you people that love the whole narcissism thing will never change your minds... I on the other hand need proof that this guy is a good headcoach. ..and standing in the shadows behind the bench for 8 yrs does nothing to convince me of that yet. Like I said let's revisit this at the end of the year, and if I'm wrong feel free to verbally abuse me all you want lol.... Go Dogs.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:08 PM
4th Line

bones is just really nicebones is just really nicebones is just really nicebones is just really nicebones is just really nice

I don't need to wait until the end of the season to say, you are dead wrong!! Go Dogs!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bones For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2017, 10:14 PM
1st Line

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
I don't need to wait until the end of the season to say, you are dead wrong!! Go Dogs!
It's all a matter of perspective and opinion which everyone is entitled too...lol.