Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,157    Downloads: 831,284   Msgs Posted: 111,301   Thread Views: 16,637,742   Online Now: 73
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-25-2017, 11:40 AM
Top Prospect

Thanked 1,521 Times in 708 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Your high end forwards can easily be Maksimov Thomas and Jones with room for others to improve and join that group...
...add Tomasino and Constantinou to that list! Has not played a lot (wish he would) but I really like what I see in Ian Martin so far - can skate and shoot at an elite level!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacksox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2017, 11:46 AM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
You really think they can be a serious contender with the players they have?

I just don’t see a lot of high end talent.

And especially forget about it if Dhillon lands a pro contract somewhere next year and doesn’t return . Not that I see that happening based on his play thus far this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I donít see it, I didnít see it at the end of last season and I didnít see it at the beginning of this season.
However, being in the position that I am on this board, I am not permitted to say so.
I would have to say that this team doesnít have the talent and that management has failed for this rebuild and should admit it, and, move forward.
That being said, this team is only a few points away from the division lead.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stinkyp3t3 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2017, 12:41 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkyp3t3 View Post
I donít see it, I didnít see it at the end of last season and I didnít see it at the beginning of this season.
However, being in the position that I am on this board, I am not permitted to say so.
I would have to say that this team doesnít have the talent and that management has failed for this rebuild and should admit it, and, move forward.
That being said, this team is only a few points away from the division lead.
I would agree they donít have the talent yet but a lot can change from this year and next year or even 2 years from now
Old 11-25-2017, 12:58 PM
Team Captain

three dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond reputethree dog night has a reputation beyond repute

Doubt we trade Dhillion unless we get a good replacement
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2017, 01:28 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I would agree they donít have the talent yet but a lot can change from this year and next year or even 2 years from now
Not sure you can blame management for this rebuild... Marty started the rebuild and Joey was left to pick up the peices... i like what he has done so far....i know some will have something to say but really its too soon to say how Carbs will do in a dogs jersey and everyone on here knows that if it was a different name on the back of his jersey he would not have gotten 8 games for that hit... Shankar is looking more and more like a bust but hey Cody Payne and Harper were also busts and noone was screaming about management for thise trades. Also IF Dhillon were to be moved i think that one of our prospect goalies could quite possibly make an appearance as there would be a chance of at least an equal share of the crease.

If this season and next season areng our gonfor it years than i say trade Dhillon to the highest bidder and start grooming the goalie that would be here for that run... and Incze is not the guy either but that is just my opinion
Old 11-25-2017, 01:29 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by three dog night View Post
Doubt we trade Dhillion unless we get a good replacement
Especially since there is no heir apparent within the system. Incze is a passable backup, barely. He looked good his first year, before he started flopping around like a fish out of water. Not sure why this team is a place where goalie development goes to die...

Look, we can bs about the idea of trading Dhillon. But the truth is, if they want to keep the rebuild 'On Track', then they would need at least a serviceable starter for the remainder of the season, and some picks for currency, then bring in an elite level tender for next season, as well a defensive star, and maybe a top scorer.

Failing that, the rebuild needs to start over from scratch. Push as far as we can next year with minimal changes. And we can debate and do a Post-Mortem on it at that point. My personal feeling is that the rebuild was done between 2 very different management teams. And THIS team, as is, is NOT going to go far in the playoffs, maybe into 2nd round if they get a good draw in the first round. They can play with almost any team in the league, but winning 4, they're going to be in tough.
Old 11-25-2017, 03:32 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Not sure you can blame management for this rebuild... Marty started the rebuild and Joey was left to pick up the peices... i like what he has done so far....i know some will have something to say but really its too soon to say how Carbs will do in a dogs jersey and everyone on here knows that if it was a different name on the back of his jersey he would not have gotten 8 games for that hit... Shankar is looking more and more like a bust but hey Cody Payne and Harper were also busts and noone was screaming about management for thise trades. Also IF Dhillon were to be moved i think that one of our prospect goalies could quite possibly make an appearance as there would be a chance of at least an equal share of the crease.

If this season and next season areng our gonfor it years than i say trade Dhillon to the highest bidder and start grooming the goalie that would be here for that run... and Incze is not the guy either but that is just my opinion
Iíd love to get one of those good goalie prospects here in fact if I knew theyíd show up for sure Iíd trade Dhillon but because I doubt theyíd come I donít see Dhillon moving. As for the Shankar thing heís been alright just has to watch the penalties which is hard with ohl refs that call a lot of BS
Old 11-25-2017, 04:00 PM
2nd Line

Thunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to beholdThunder Hawk is a splendid one to behold

Mack Guzda of Owen Sound that the Dogs just played against is a 16 yr old Goalie that was drafted in the 2nd Rd of the OHL. He's a future number 1 Goalie in the OHL. I know the trade won't happen but as an armchair GM I would offer a trade of Dhillon for Guzda and conditional picks at the trade deadline and see if Owen Sound bites. .....This trade would be only done with the intention of rebuilding
Old 11-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Top Prospect

dogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond reputedogs77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Hawk View Post
Mack Guzda of Owen Sound that the Dogs just played against is a 16 yr old Goalie that was drafted in the 2nd Rd of the OHL. He's a future number 1 Goalie in the OHL. I know the trade won't happen but as an armchair GM I would offer a trade of Dhillon for Guzda and conditional picks at the trade deadline and see if Owen Sound bites. .....This trade would be only done with the intention of rebuilding
If next season isn't the year than I'd go with that trade... it gives a full season and just over a half for him to develop for us
Old 11-25-2017, 04:18 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Remembering again that the intent of this conversation was to estimate what Dhillon might be worth to a contending team.
Trading him was not the reasoning behind this topic, but, I a blow your mind offer was to show..... ??????
could prove interesting.