Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,157    Downloads: 831,284   Msgs Posted: 111,300   Thread Views: 16,637,649   Online Now: 67
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-27-2017, 02:26 AM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I think the team could sell off both corniel and Dhillon but I donít think they want to because they want to make the playoffs and try and do something (win a round for sure 2 if they are lucky) plus if they were planning to get rid of Corniel I donít think theyíd get Shankar or Carbonara. As for missing them and or Langdon I think the team missed them somewhat because with one of Carbonara or Shankar in I donít think Missy runs Dhillon much if at all. Iíd keep Langdon as an OA unless you can get someone better personally I donít see Dame being here out of the 98 born players
A couple of thoughts.

If this was a team that was business first. I think you would see them unloading Dhillon, Corneil, and maybe some other lesser talent to load up for next year's run. IF they had a goalie in the system that was on par with where Dhillon is right now. Or even close. Our goalie situation lives and dies with Stephen Dhillon.

But that is not the team that we have. We have a 'Family' team. So they will hold onto kids long past their usefulness, and they will get chance, after chance, after chance. Tyler Boston, Aaron Haydon, Brent Moran... How many times have you seen it. A player who probably would have benefited from a change of scenery, or who was in decline was held onto and pushed to the top of the depth chart to try and 'jump start' him.

Langdon comes back as an OA, not because he will be that dominant OA that we need, but because he's been here, and done the dirty work. Dame / Lochead come back because they don't have anything better in the system. And Dhillon is here until the bitter end, and he goes off to University hockey. Maybe some of the 98s get traded, but I don't really see it. Out of the crop we have, my thought is that only Dhillon and maybe Lochead should be back next year.

I'm starting to see what I can expect in the future. And I'm starting to see why high end players are reluctant to land here. I love this team, but I don't see them getting over the hump until they start treating it like a sport's entertainment *business*, and not a sandbox for their kids to play in.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2017, 02:56 AM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
A couple of thoughts.

If this was a team that was business first. I think you would see them unloading Dhillon, Corneil, and maybe some other lesser talent to load up for next year's run. IF they had a goalie in the system that was on par with where Dhillon is right now. Or even close. Our goalie situation lives and dies with Stephen Dhillon.

But that is not the team that we have. We have a 'Family' team. So they will hold onto kids long past their usefulness, and they will get chance, after chance, after chance. Tyler Boston, Aaron Haydon, Brent Moran... How many times have you seen it. A player who probably would have benefited from a change of scenery, or who was in decline was held onto and pushed to the top of the depth chart to try and 'jump start' him.

Langdon comes back as an OA, not because he will be that dominant OA that we need, but because he's been here, and done the dirty work. Dame / Lochead come back because they don't have anything better in the system. And Dhillon is here until the bitter end, and he goes off to University hockey. Maybe some of the 98s get traded, but I don't really see it. Out of the crop we have, my thought is that only Dhillon and maybe Lochead should be back next year.

I'm starting to see what I can expect in the future. And I'm starting to see why high end players are reluctant to land here. I love this team, but I don't see them getting over the hump until they start treating it like a sport's entertainment *business*, and not a sandbox for their kids to play in.
Because the Burkes are business first I honestly think you wonít/wouldnít see them trade Dhillon because they would be worse off and that might effect ticket sales aka the business. I would agree Boston was here too long but the other two guys i donít agree with Moran was traded when the team found the right fit (Flint and Ned) as for Haydon he was part of that winning team and if the team got the right offer heíd be gone. As for next year Dhillon will definitely be back not because he should be necessarily but because they donít have a better option i think Willy will be back and will be a big part of the D the other OA spot is honestly a ? I just said Langdon over Dame because i think the team likes him better but they could pick someone up that changes things
Old 11-27-2017, 08:32 AM
Top Prospect

Stinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to beholdStinkyp3t3 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuldBone View Post
A couple of thoughts.

And, there you have it folks. The truth, all summed up in one very important post.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:55 PM
4th Line

modaymorninggm is a jewel in the roughmodaymorninggm is a jewel in the roughmodaymorninggm is a jewel in the rough

The Burke's are indeed loyal (sometimes to a fault) but that is the way they decided to run their team. When you are the owner you can do what you want. Loyalty was never more evident than when they hung onto Ryan Strome and Brett Ritchie in their final year when the team was going nowhere. Can you imagine what they would have got for those two
Old 11-27-2017, 07:14 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by modaymorninggm View Post
The Burke's are indeed loyal (sometimes to a fault) but that is the way they decided to run their team. When you are the owner you can do what you want. Loyalty was never more evident than when they hung onto Ryan Strome and Brett Ritchie in their final year when the team was going nowhere. Can you imagine what they would have got for those two
I remember that deadline very well unfortunately. To say that was not happy about them not moving would be an understatement.

We could have got a fortune for them and we are still paying the price for staying pat., But, Marty would have used to picks before his departure, that's for sure.

I really liked those two players, but, I was thinking about the future. Oh well.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:22 PM

Thanked 2,075 Times in 1,156 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

In any business it is tough to fire staff or move a favorite on to another department when they don't want to go. When it's numbers on a page it's an easier decision, but we are also talking people here, kids really or young adults at best. It is a tough thing to do under the best circumstances.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:25 PM
Big League

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
In any business it is tough to fire staff or move a favorite on to another department when they don't want to go. When it's numbers on a page it's an easier decision, but we are also talking people here, kids really or young adults at best. It is a tough thing to do under the best circumstances.
If my memory is correct, both Strome and Ritchie had no trade clauses. I might be wrong though. IT would not be the first time LOL
Old 11-27-2017, 09:28 PM
Top Prospect

dogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to beholddogs777 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
If my memory is correct, both Strome and Ritchie had no trade clauses. I might be wrong though. IT would not be the first time LOL
Iím almost certain you are right and i believe when it came down to it they werenít willing to waive them
Old 11-27-2017, 09:32 PM

Thanked 2,075 Times in 1,156 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Iím almost certain you are right and i believe when it came down to it they werenít willing to waive them
There are ways around that as well, it is called pine bench therapy. Phone calls to NHL clubs by OHL teams often result in just enough influence being applied.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:38 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDawg View Post
There are ways around that as well, it is called pine bench therapy. Phone calls to NHL clubs by OHL teams often result in just enough influence being applied.
Sure you can do that but for some owners no Iím not waiving might be the end of the conversation