Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,745    Downloads: 1,648,622   Msgs Posted: 130,768   Thread Views: 27,513,308   Online Now: 109
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:16 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,119 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey123 View Post
10 games is a lot better sample size then 151 minutes you used to judge the US program based on his inclusion. Make no mistake he'll be on the next draft lists when they come out unless he falls off a cliff.

I wasn't a big fan of what I saw from Protapovich either when he was here but look how ordinary a guy like Andrew Shaw was here and look where he is now. He certainly needed to get stronger and faster but who's to say he hasn't? He wasn't drafted you say? 12 of the 20 draft eligible Russians from last years World Junior team were not drafted. NHL teams don't like drafting Russians.

This is the second time in a few months you've slammed an entire country's program based on the inclusion of 1 player you haven't even seen enough to properly judge. One guy you haven't seen in 2 years and one you saw play 151 minutes or less playing behind a terrible defensive team while he was probably nervous as hell. Not to mention it was 1 full season before the camp. It's silly no matter how you want to spin it.

Was searching through the archives to see if Dogs players had Missed games in the O because of the Super Series ... and stumbled across a couple gem posts where I was lambasted for criticizing Protopovich and Dhillon.

Let’s see five years later

Protopovich has played a grand total of five games in the KHL ... 3 in 2015-2016 and oddly enough 2 in 2019-2020.

Although Dhillon had a solid OHL career (although not good enough to win a championship), he didn’t exactly ‘shoot up’ the draft boards .. and he currently finds himself as waiver fodder in the ECHL this year.

Not gloating that I was right ... just is fun to look back on historical messages with the benefit of hindsight ...

Kinda silly I know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2019, 09:30 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

Just wanna throw this in: Team POCCNR(Russia) doesn’t typically send the ‘A’ prospects to the Canada/Russia series. Mostly the ‘A-Team’ is reserved for the World Juniors. Russia slaps together kind of a mishmash of B/C - level prospects and gets a cut of the profits from this series.
Old 11-06-2019, 09:38 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,116 Times in 765 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Dhillion with Toledo I heard
Old 11-06-2019, 09:59 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,986 Times in 1,119 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
Just wanna throw this in: Team POCCNR(Russia) doesn’t typically send the ‘A’ prospects to the Canada/Russia series. Mostly the ‘A-Team’ is reserved for the World Juniors. Russia slaps together kind of a mishmash of B/C - level prospects and gets a cut of the profits from this series.

Sure would be nice if the CHL arranged these games so that the star players didn’t miss any of their teams regularly scheduled regular season games. But I guess the almighty buck is what counts.

I am 99% sure some of our top players have missed league games because of this irrelevant series ... I don’t even really watch it .

Wonder what the ticket prices are to view the OHL best against less than top Russian prospects ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2019, 11:11 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,116 Times in 765 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Thomas goal and an assist in tonight win over Russia