Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,656,805   Msgs Posted: 130,972   Thread Views: 27,686,993   Online Now: 47
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:42 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bones no more?

I'm efforting to get more details on this. I just saw this on Facebook. Was he fired? Did he quit? Did the IceDogs decide that they want to go without a mascot?
Old 10-26-2016, 02:41 PM
Rookie

dogs'r'us is on a distinguished road

Maybe they want Cheerleaders?
Old 10-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I'm efforting to get more details on this. I just saw this on Facebook. Was he fired? Did he quit? Did the IceDogs decide that they want to go without a mascot?
Well they did have a 'backup Bones' last season... Maybe it's finally his turn. Can't see the team going without a mascot...

I would imagine if Bones is done, it was his decision.
Old 10-26-2016, 03:17 PM
Top Prospect

AuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond reputeAuldBone has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to AuldBone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs'r'us View Post
Maybe they want Cheerleaders?
Please... No more 'cheerleaders'... I've never enjoyed the dancers... I'd be happier if they hired someone to go into the stands and hype the crowd... Or even the 'Dancing Kid', or the 'Yes! Yes! Yes!' guy...

But that's me, and I'm a curmudgeon...
The Following User Says Thank You to AuldBone For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 03:47 PM

Thanked 3,475 Times in 1,902 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Where was this reported? Link? I noticed during the usual credit list at the start of the game they announce the whole team and at the very end where they announce the mascot there is just silence... hmm has this been in the works all season or just a coincidence.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:02 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,223 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

This seems odd as according to the Ice Dogs on twitter, Bones and 3 young players were in Wainfleet last night for a Canadian Tire gig.

Hmmmm...
Old 10-26-2016, 06:14 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't seen anything about Bones going anywhere
Old 10-26-2016, 07:06 PM
Team Captain

retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Bones was in Wainfleet last night to support the Canadian Tire First Shift program along with players Ham, Philip and Castleman.
I have copied a picture of Bones there and I hope that this works. Got the info from Twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvsma4EVMAAJ2-W.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 07:43 PM

Thanked 3,475 Times in 1,902 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Bones was in Wainfleet last night to support the Canadian Tire First Shift program along with players Ham, Philip and Castleman.
I have copied a picture of Bones there and I hope that this works. Got the info from Twitter.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cvsma4EVMAAJ2-W.jpg
That does not look like the real.. er, "original" Bones. Perhaps that is the actual news, the gentleman who has been inside the costume has been replaced.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:50 PM
Team Captain

In the past, I believe that there have been two Bones mascots.
The original one and the backup person.
It is really obvious at times when the original one was not skating on the ice in warm-ups. The back-up was not a good skater.
No more cheerleaders as someone has written earlier though.....