Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,745    Downloads: 1,648,307   Msgs Posted: 130,738   Thread Views: 27,496,512   Online Now: 111
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Old 11-04-2019, 06:49 PM
3rd Line

louie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of lightlouie dogg is a glorious beacon of light

Entitled !
Old 11-04-2019, 08:12 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

None of them are leaving unless all of them are leaving.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:15 PM
1st Line

BoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond reputeBoneHead has a reputation beyond repute

I mentioned the other night that if I owned a team and had my sons involved in hockey that Assistant Coach is fine, but when it came time for head coach, I'd let another team hire him first and let him grow and learn that way before coaching the team we own.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BoneHead For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2019, 09:38 PM
Big League

dogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond reputedogged74 has a reputation beyond repute

What’s Ted Dent up to these days? What about Ted Nolan?
The sad/frustrating thing about this is that it’s clear, to me anyway, that if none of the Team President, Owner, GM or Head Coach were related, the ‘house-cleaning’, even by the most patient, even passive ownership would have already been done by now.
The difference would be that we would be talking about the impact that the new GM would have, and what trades would already have been made to re-stock the system. But who would be on your Coaching Christmas list? If you could have any OHL-qualified coach come in here, who would it be?
Old 11-05-2019, 01:41 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,984 Times in 1,118 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
What’s Ted Dent up to these days? What about Ted Nolan?
The sad/frustrating thing about this is that it’s clear, to me anyway, that if none of the Team President, Owner, GM or Head Coach were related, the ‘house-cleaning’, even by the most patient, even passive ownership would have already been done by now.
The difference would be that we would be talking about the impact that the new GM would have, and what trades would already have been made to re-stock the system. But who would be on your Coaching Christmas list? If you could have any OHL-qualified coach come in here, who would it be?

I agree with Blacksox...hate to say it ...

Except for a couple really boneheaded moves (Militec, Locheed, Halliday’s 100%), JB hasn’t been the problem ...

The problem is behind the bench ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2019, 08:25 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,271 Times in 1,628 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
I agree with Blacksox...hate to say it ...

Except for a couple really boneheaded moves (Militec, Locheed, Halliday’s 100%), JB hasn’t been the problem ...

The problem is behind the bench ...

When Ted Dent was the Associate Coach, the IceDogs’ overall team structure, defensive zone breakouts, special teams and between period adjustments were better than what we have seen the last two seasons. Perhaps, Dent had a bigger impact than we realized at the time.

I wonder if the IceDogs have approached Wellander Dan Girardi about being part of the coaching staff. He had quite the NHL career

Old 11-05-2019, 08:45 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,207 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
When Ted Dent was the Associate Coach, the IceDogs’ overall team structure, defensive zone breakouts, special teams and between period adjustments were better than what we have seen the last two seasons. Perhaps, Dent had a bigger impact than we realized at the time.

I wonder if the IceDogs have approached Wellander Dan Girardi about being part of the coaching staff. He had quite the NHL career

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPIsV...HpMcdCt1dOQw6w
There is no doubt in my mind that Ted Dent was a major factor when he was here. Too bad he left
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2019, 02:07 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,439 Posts
hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!hockey123 is absolutely magnificent!

Dent wouldn't have been here if he didn't burn bridges. He was also arrested in March for domestic battery. I'd rather lose than bring him back.
The Following User Says Thank You to hockey123 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2019, 07:53 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,984 Times in 1,118 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Let him have his day in court before you infer of his guilt

Old 11-05-2019, 08:36 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,207 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

People are innocent until they are found guilty in the courts.
The Following User Says Thank You to retired/sectionJ For This Useful Post: