Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,745    Downloads: 1,648,307   Msgs Posted: 130,738   Thread Views: 27,496,356   Online Now: 109
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

View Poll Results: How many points will the IceDogs get this week?
6 - firing on all cylinders 1 6.67%
5 - hey, no one's perfect 0 0%
4 - two outta three ain't bad 5 33.33%
3 - 50/50 2 13.33%
2 - consistent 7 46.67%
1 - didn't get skunked 0 0%
0 - wtf 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2019, 12:09 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,984 Times in 1,118 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogged74 View Post
I have a feeling there are going to be a LOT of games just like tonight’s this year. The Dogs are really going to have to rely on not getting f___ed over by the refs AND linesmen this year. Goals taken away that should have counted, goals against that should never have counted. Exhibit A: Hamilton’s offside goal last night. Like even from my seat, I could tell the puck came completely out of the zone, and was brought in offside. Hamilton scored, followed by a ridiculously long review.
And then the ref counted the goal.
I don’t think the Dogs are going to get blown out on many nights. But I think we will see a lot of games just like tonight.

I think they will get blown out

They are consistently allowing 50 plus shots a game ... the goalies can’t keep up this performance ... when Thomas Lodnia and Tomasino are gone they won’t be able to score ....

It’s going to be downright ugly after the trade deadline ... which is to be expected ... I can’t even really blame the genius coach much .... not a lot of established talent on those bottom two lines or on the blue line

The ugly truth of a rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2019, 12:22 AM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

I hope they don't screw up finishing last...lol
Old 10-27-2019, 01:19 AM
Team Captain

strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
I hope they don't screw up finishing last...lol

Sadly I think they will

They will bank too many points before the trade deadline to catch up to the terrible teams of the league

We aren’t drafting first overall

Old 10-27-2019, 02:09 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Sadly I think they will

They will bank too many points before the trade deadline to catch up to the terrible teams of the league

We aren’t drafting first overall

I donít know about anyone else on here but even though I didnít expect us to be good I never thought weíd pick first either
Old 10-27-2019, 12:21 PM
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
I don’t know about anyone else on here but even though I didn’t expect us to be good I never thought we’d pick first either

At the beginning of the season it’s tough for me to figure out things because you really don’t know how bad some of the other teams in the league are. Although we had a promising start our team defense is just horrendous and the third and fourth lines can’t score or generate many chances at all really.

We are better now than I thought we would be but it’s solely due to our veterans carrying the load and our goaltending being MUCH better than I thought it would be.

I think we will bank a lot of points before the trade deadline but we might be bad enough after the trade deadline to drop out of a playoff position ... I think that’s a real possibility ... we won’t catch Kingston but NB may catch us

Once the trade deadline hits it’s going to be ugly ... our only bright spots for me going into next year is that we appear to maybe have a legitimate above average starting goalie and possibly four returning defensemen the quality of which is tough to speak to as three of them are very young ... up front I haven’t seen anything promising yet as far as next year goes ... six of our current crop of twelve starting forwards will be gone next year .... talk about turnover

I really fear we may be worse next year than we were this year, which would mean possibly losing out on a number one overall pick in the 2021 draft... how much would that suck!?

Old 10-27-2019, 01:26 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
At the beginning of the season it’s tough for me to figure out things because you really don’t know how bad some of the other teams in the league are. Although we had a promising start our team defense is just horrendous and the third and fourth lines can’t score or generate many chances at all really.

We are better now than I thought we would be but it’s solely due to our veterans carrying the load and our goaltending being MUCH better than I thought it would be.

I think we will bank a lot of points before the trade deadline but we might be bad enough after the trade deadline to drop out of a playoff position ... I think that’s a real possibility ... we won’t catch Kingston but NB may catch us

Once the trade deadline hits it’s going to be ugly ... our only bright spots for me going into next year is that we appear to maybe have a legitimate above average starting goalie and possibly four returning defensemen the quality of which is tough to speak to as three of them are very young ... up front I haven’t seen anything promising yet as far as next year goes ... six of our current crop of twelve starting forwards will be gone next year .... talk about turnover

I really fear we may be worse next year than we were this year, which would mean possibly losing out on a number one overall pick in the 2021 draft... how much would that suck!?

I agree itís tough to figure things out at the beginning of the year I had us 9th but behind Kingston and ahead of NB (not sure thatís how those to team will end up now) youíre right once the deadline hits weíre in trouble but Kingston and NB will probably be in the same situation of trading away good vets so the dogs might be fine. As for next year weíll see on the goaltending itís been good so far but thatís with no expectations it was almost the same with Dhillon he was fine for many people until the team had high expectations then everyone realized the flaws (personality I think Tynan could have those same flaws but heís a rookie and can improve on them unlike Dhillon) when it comes to the team in front of Tynan or sbrags next year weíll see what we got next year itís tough to judge the forwards until after the trade deadline cause thatís when theyíll be pushed up the lineup and will hopefully get better with the reps and offseason. When it comes to the draft next year Iím pretty sure I thought up a way where the team could get a first round pick in each year (this one coming up and next year) but I donít remember what thread that conversation was in and if it could actually work or not because Iím not sure if we would be allowed a comp pick for a difected player because of how we lost the pick in the first place
Old 10-27-2019, 02:32 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,207 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Tynan in between the pipes again today.
Hunter back in today after sitting for the past three games.
Roberts, is OUT.
Old 10-27-2019, 03:02 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,271 Times in 1,628 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
Tynan in between the pipes again today.
I don't like it regardless of how Tynan plays today. They are handling this all wrong again. Tynan should not be playing 3 in 2.5 days. The IceDogs coaching staff is this team's most glaring weakness - they don't learn from past mistakes, they only repeat them!
Old 10-27-2019, 03:06 PM
Big League

Thanked 1,138 Times in 668 Posts
dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!dogs77 is absolutely magnificent!

Sbrags is starting
Old 10-27-2019, 03:20 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,207 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs77 View Post
Sbrags is starting
In the first tweet by the team ( the one with all of dumb nick names), Tynan was in net. In the second tweet, Sbrags in in net. Nobody in this organisation seems to know what they are doing.
I do agree with bs in the above message that there is no way that Tynan should be playing all three games this weekend.
Closed Thread