Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,656,789   Msgs Posted: 130,972   Thread Views: 27,685,921   Online Now: 57
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2019, 02:48 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default The "For Sale" Rumour

So what if an ownership group got together and offered to buy the dogs...and we're told that any sale would have the stipulation that both boys would have to be guaranteed their jobs for a minimum of 5 years..what do we think about that scenario?
Old 11-02-2019, 03:04 PM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipperdog View Post
So what if an ownership group got together and offered to buy the dogs...and we're told that any sale would have the stipulation that both boys would have to be guaranteed their jobs for a minimum of 5 years..what do we think about that scenario?
Pretty sure I saw in the summer from the insider something like that has already happened and whoever the group was said no. If it was me I’d I’ll keep them for 5 years just not in the current roles

Last edited by dogs777; 11-02-2019 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:08 PM
Big League

Chipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond reputeChipperdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogs777 View Post
Pretty sure I saw in the summer from the insider something like that has already happened and whoever the group was said no. If it was me Id Ill keep them for 5 years just not in the current roles
I didn't get it from that dumdum...but if it was true...i would probably have walked away as well.
Old 11-02-2019, 05:34 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,124 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
I didn't get it from that dumdum...but if it was true...i would probably have walked away as well.

I can’t imagine anyone would spend that kind of $$$ on a franchise and then be forced to keep those clowns running the show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Top Prospect

pup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond reputepup96 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That actually happened a few years ago. Big wig from Newmarket offered to buy the team, his son played in OHL also. The sticking point was what role if any BB2 and JB1 would have with the new team.
Old 11-02-2019, 07:29 PM
Big League

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup96 View Post
That actually happened a few years ago. Big wig from Newmarket offered to buy the team, his son played in OHL also. The sticking point was what role if any BB2 and JB1 would have with the new team.
What waterboy wasent good enough for them? I know it to be true also.
Old 11-03-2019, 07:00 AM
2nd Line

jumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to beholdjumbo1290 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
and then pigs were seen flying in downtown St. Catharines. Amazing.
The Following User Says Thank You to jumbo1290 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2019, 08:05 AM
4th Line

Meowinawoofworld has a spectacular aura aboutMeowinawoofworld has a spectacular aura aboutMeowinawoofworld has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo1290 View Post
and then pigs were seen flying in downtown St. Catharines. Amazing.
If the pigs had flown, that's about the only way a new owner would agree to that deal. Maybe it would also include friend of the family new head scout having to have a job as well
The Following User Says Thank You to Meowinawoofworld For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2019, 08:09 AM

Thanked 3,475 Times in 1,902 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
This was a red herring, Bruce Moody allegedly had lunch with Bill Burke Sr. in Niagara and the rumours flowed from that. Everything from the IceDogs to Burke's house were said to be for sale. The team (through Marty Williamson) denied the ownership of the team was changing, though ironically it's management certainly did.
Old 11-03-2019, 10:35 AM
1st Line

maddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond reputemaddog has a reputation beyond repute

I will add
The For Sale rumour was/is BS!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maddog For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread