Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum !  

Search:     Photos: 23,747    Downloads: 1,656,805   Msgs Posted: 130,972   Thread Views: 27,686,596   Online Now: 49
Go Back   Niagara IceDogs Fan Forum ! > NIAGARA ICEDOGS Fan Forums > Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News

Notices

Niagara IceDogs - Fan Talk & News Discussions posted by the fans about the Niagara IceDogs - talk about games, players, fights, news, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 11:50 PM
All Star

Thanked 1,127 Times in 771 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Glad Murphy didn’t start he game but a beauty goal by Thomas in the shootout nice to see Jake and Bruder getting goals . Sad note injuries to Cato and Sopa.
The Following User Says Thank You to three dog night For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2019, 11:54 PM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,996 Times in 1,124 Posts
strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!strohs is absolutely magnificent!

Time for
Me to vent ...

I think we need to put Tynan’s performance thus far in perspective. He has been a revelation for the Dogs this year. Let’s hope he sustains this level of play and imagine how much better he could be next year with another year of development and experience ....

Let’s remind ourselves he’s a Rookie goalie just turned 17 and has only played 18 OHL games.

Let’s look at his stats

Sixth in league with .911 save percentage... only .002 percentage points away from 3rd place
Tied for second in game appearances with 18

This kid has seen an ENORMOUS amount of rubber
Leads the league in shots against with 721. Next closest is 584 in the same amount of games ... 137 less shots over 18 games ... about 9.5 shots less per game than Tynan has faced... oh and that goalie who faced 584 has an .888 save percentage.

Wins and GAA are a function of team play so I’m disregarding those

Let’s
Move to the shootout

6 saves on 8 attempts

For a tenth round selection who just turned 17 this summer and has only played 18 OHL games in his career ... this is a major coup for the Dogs to have drafted this kid ... I just hope he can keep this up and isn’t fatigued from the rubber he faces night in and night out

So let’s not complain about “a couple of goals that shouldn’t of went in”

Bravo to my whipping boy JB and the scouting staff on this selection ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strohs For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 12:03 AM
Team Captain

dogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond reputedogs777 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Good game ?

I think they were lucky to escape with one point nevermind the bonus point they got for the shootout

They are a train wreck in their own end

Tynan isn’t going to stop them all I think the first goal was deflected ... he made some big saves and he was controlling rebounds well tonight .... IMO it wasn’t his fault it went to a shootout ...

SOpa left the game favouring his ankle and didn’t return ... what’s Cato’s injury ? I’ve been outta the loop for a while ...

GDG

Good game for me considering what I expected from tonight I expected to lose by 2 or 3 goals and the same on Saturday you see the game one way I see it another I didn’t see a deflection on the first goal I saw a clean shot on the ice go through him but maybe I’ll see it differently once I see a replay later and I don’t think the last Erie goal should be going in either rookie goalie or not. You are right he made big saves and his rebounds were better tonight but if we’re going to point out the good things he does we should point out the not so good stuff as well

Last edited by dogs777; 11-22-2019 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:24 AM
All Star

Thanked 1,127 Times in 771 Posts
three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!three dog night is absolutely magnificent!

Erie first goal low on ice Tynan looked screen from my angle second goal perfect shot third goal bad bounce off the glass or boards fourth goal was a fluke has the Erie player got the puck back after he high sticked the original shot.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:46 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 1,942 Times in 1,223 Posts
retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!retired/sectionJ is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strohs View Post
Time for
Me to vent ...

I think we need to put Tynan’s performance thus far in perspective. He has been a revelation for the Dogs this year. Let’s hope he sustains this level of play and imagine how much better he could be next year with another year of development and experience ....

Let’s remind ourselves he’s a Rookie goalie just turned 17 and has only played 18 OHL games.

Let’s look at his stats

Sixth in league with .911 save percentage... only .002 percentage points away from 3rd place
Tied for second in game appearances with 18

This kid has seen an ENORMOUS amount of rubber
Leads the league in shots against with 721. Next closest is 584 in the same amount of games ... 137 less shots over 18 games ... about 9.5 shots less per game than Tynan has faced... oh and that goalie who faced 584 has an .888 save percentage.

Wins and GAA are a function of team play so I’m disregarding those

Let’s
Move to the shootout

6 saves on 8 attempts

For a tenth round selection who just turned 17 this summer and has only played 18 OHL games in his career ... this is a major coup for the Dogs to have drafted this kid ... I just hope he can keep this up and isn’t fatigued from the rubber he faces night in and night out

So let’s not complain about “a couple of goals that shouldn’t of went in”

Bravo to my whipping boy JB and the scouting staff on this selection ...

The Ice Dogs also thought that Tynan was really good as they had him sign a player card before he left camp last fall. I thought he was the best goalie in camp including Dhillon. I thought his camp this fall was not as good as last year, but, he was still good.
I agree on the 1st goal as I do not believe he saw it at all.
The first soft or fluke goal, the puck took a weird bounce off the end board and ended up in the slot where the Erie player just happened to be there.
Good game by him.
Out team had 9 defensive turnovers in the 1st period alone and that should never happen.
Old 11-22-2019, 08:16 AM
Rookie

Alwayssunny1 is on a distinguished road

The Howard penalty was weak and just before the penalty Thomas was cross checked along the side.
Old 11-22-2019, 09:38 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,638 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayssunny1 View Post
The Howard penalty was weak and just before the penalty Thomas was cross checked along the side.
Darcy Burchell is a terrific comedian
Old 11-22-2019, 09:44 AM
Team Captain

Thanked 3,283 Times in 1,638 Posts
Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!Blacksox is absolutely magnificent!

DJ Brooks
@DJ_Brooks 11h

Cato out with an upper body.
X-rays in the morning.

https://www.bpsportsniagara.com/iced...s-in-shootout/

The IceDogs lost defenceman Landon Cato with an apparent shoulder injury early in the first. “He’s in a lot of pain...I think it’s going to take some time,” Burke said.
Old 11-22-2019, 10:33 AM

Thanked 3,475 Times in 1,902 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by retired/sectionJ View Post
The Ice Dogs also thought that Tynan was really good as they had him sign a player card before he left camp last fall. I thought he was the best goalie in camp including Dhillon.
I have been completely impressed with Tynan's level of play and athleticism. Several times during last night's game he made stops that would have sailed over Dhillon's glove and I have yet to see him "flopping around like a fish". There were two goals I am sure he would like to have back: he assumed the puck was going around the back of the net and it didn't... rookie mistake - he will learn from that blunder; and the second he was completely screened but trusted the players in front of him to react - he needs defense and to take control himself, but that comes with experience and confidence.

Considering he is a first year goalie in the OHL, he is punching well above his weight class. Yes, he will make rookie mistakes (he is one) but I have no problem accepting the odd missed cue given the rest of what he does. I have a sense of confidence in his play that I never felt with his predecessor.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2019, 10:37 AM

Thanked 3,475 Times in 1,902 Posts
NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!NiceDawg is absolutely magnificent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksox View Post
Darcy Burchell is a terrific comedian
Any time he is on the ice, you know the penalty box doors will need oiling and that a ouija board will be required to interpret some of the phantom calls. The line brawl was totally on him, there were calls directly in his eyesight that he did nothing about so the players (on both sides) felt they had to take matters into their own hands. I am not suggesting a referee has to call every single minor infraction but at least talk to the player or notify the bench.

There is a darn good reason Burchell doesn't ref in the NHL anymore.
The Following User Says Thank You to NiceDawg For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread